• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Well, the "republicans" blew it.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Did they think Trump would just do nothing? Now Trump is acting like a democrat, and they are playing him like a fiddle.

**** it. It's far better than a Hillary presidency, but overall this has been a gigantic missed opportunity so far.

Did they think Trump would just do nothing? Now Trump is acting like a democrat, and they are playing him like a fiddle.

**** it. It's far better than a Hillary presidency, but overall this has been a gigantic missed opportunity so far.

I don't think so. I took it more that he is sending a message to McConnell and Ryan plus it gives him some leverage with the Democrats. When's the last time the Republicans didn't cave on raising the debt ceiling anyway?

He's been attacked from all sides before he ever took the oath of office. I honestly don't care anymore. I'm pulling for the state's to have a constitutional convention. We need another party in Washington. The main parties in power are just a coin with the same side heads. The republicans have more of them who are absolute rino frauds.

I'd never vote for a democrat,but I sure as hell
am not happy with the Republican party. I'm tired of being lied to. I want them all out and replaced.

I think Trump's problem now is his own party. He can't get enough help in Congress so he's looking for help where he can I.e. Democrats.
Trump is a guy who wants to get things done. If he can't it done working with the GOP then he'll get it done with the Democrats. The Dems will owe him though and he won't forget it.

I don't blame him for one second. Would rather have a President working with both sides anyhow.

For many of us, this was one of his selling points during the election. He'd go to wherever the deals are to get things done. He's given the Republican Congress almost 9 months and attacked the democrats in congress for them non-stop. Has anything crossed his desk to get signed?

It's the same things with the DACA decision. To Trump, 6 months is PLENTY of time to get that done. Some of the ******* dinosaurs in Congress act like they can't walk and chew gum at the same time and seemed shocked the President is asking them to tackle immigration, tax reform, health reform and budget changes all at the same time.

**** them. I hate Congress. Have said that for going on 5 years now (if not more).

For all the ****-slobbering the left-wing media loves to do about Trumps "approval ratings", you don't hear a peep that Congress (as a whole), Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell and Ryan are HALF the approval rating of Trump. I mean, literally like 15-20% of voters approve of the job they're doing (and that's a maybe). You don't hear the media talk about "How can Chuck Schumer keep getting elected when his approval rating is 15%?"

*******.... all of them. They've been voting based on their pocket books and re-election chances for so long they don't have a bone left in their bodies. Not ONE ******* congressman is voting his conscious/morals/intellect on anything anymore. Not one.

I don't know enough about that stuff, but doing something just because your a dem or rep is dumb. I think it is a step I the right direction that trump is able to work with dems.

I don't know enough about that stuff, but doing something just because your a dem or rep is dumb. I think it is a step I the right direction that trump is able to work with dems.

Well they each stand for something. They get elected on those terms. Do what the hell you say you're going to do that got you elected in the first place. They lie out their ***. It's old. What needs done is this career lifelong politician needs killed. It's just too much power for too long. They turn corrupt and self serving. They care most about getting reelected and not doing what the people put them in office to do.

Well they each stand for something. They get elected on those terms. Do what the hell you say you're going to do that got you elected in the first place. They lie out their ***. It's old. What needs done is this career lifelong politician needs killed. It's just too much power for too long. They turn corrupt and self serving. They care most about getting reelected and not doing what the people put them in office to do.

I think the most important thing that Trump accomplished, after the Supreme Court appointment, is surfacing the fickle ******** in the republican party. It is amazing that the liberal legislators hold so true to the liberal (Marxist) positions of the day, while the "republican" legislators seem only able to talk to conservative positions that are foundational to this republic, and then abandon them.

The agreement with Dems was just common sense. You have Texas reeling from a disaster and Florida about to join them. At this time
the country needs to keep the government functioning and avoiding unnecessary conflicts. Maybe these disasters will teach us that we all
are actually in this together and an efficient and effective government would be in the best interest of everyone.

I think Trump's problem now is his own party. He can't get enough help in Congress so he's looking for help where he can I.e. Democrats.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Trump is part blue dog, union like USA first.

Republicans better start pulling their weight, those who side with the Dems are at risk of being voted out in 2018.

Clearly McConnell and Ryan are part of the swamp. We need new leadership in the House and Senate.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/08/bannon-paul-ryan-mitch-mcconnell-trying-to-nullify-2016-election/

Former White House Chief Strategist Stephen K. Bannon believes Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) are trying to “nullify” the 2016 election because they do not believe in the economic nationalist agenda that got President Donald Trump elected.
In an interview with CBS anchor Charlie Rose that will air on Sunday’s 60 Minutes, Bannon said that is why he is going to “war” with the Republican establishment. He also revealed that McConnell even told Trump’s team to “back off” the “drain the swamp” talk during one of their first meetings.

Last edited:
Sen. Pat Toomey, Rino-PA, is whining about it on his website. Yeah, **** you, like you ever stood up for Conservative principles against Obama.

https://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=news&id=1987

If he had enough ******* people in the Senate that would vote the same way, we wouldn't be at this point.

It's been all talk, no action from these republican senators for almost a decade.

The agreement with Dems was just common sense. You have Texas reeling from a disaster and Florida about to join them. At this time
the country needs to keep the government functioning and avoiding unnecessary conflicts. Maybe these disasters will teach us that we all
are actually in this together and an efficient and effective government would be in the best interest of everyone.

Nothing brings democrat and republican legislators together better than a good spend.

Lol im not giving my told you so's on this one... dude was a democrat for the vast majority of his adult life...its obvious his adherence to most of the conservative policies were mostly him sucking up to the base... you know by the end he will be flip flopping on many of them...

Lol im not giving my told you so's on this one... dude was a democrat for the vast majority of his adult life...its obvious his adherence to most of the conservative policies were mostly him sucking up to the base... you know by the end he will be flip flopping on many of them...

I recall hearing that he was a registered Republican as far back as NYC had records, which was 1980.