• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What happened to the Cap Space?

Nobody Talking about Cam.
Yeah I forgot about him, but I think he's signed for a few more years. The other guy who needs to take a very team friendly deal is Alualu. Tyson is nowhere near Cam's $ 22 mill. but still he needs to take a pay cut or get on with his life's work...his game has dropped significantly.

Yeah I forgot about him, but I think he's signed for a few more years. The other guy who needs to take a very team friendly deal is Alualu. Tyson is nowhere near Cam's $ 22 mill. but still he needs to take a pay cut or get on with his life's work...his game has dropped significantly.
Age + injury ain't a good combo. He is gone.

tyson is not under contract for 2023

Mason Rudolph has played on one team his whole career. I think he took the last contract with the belief he would get a legit opportunity to start. The difference between a starter and a career backup is probably at least 15 million per year. So no I think he will go to the best possible situation where he could get a legit shot. There is probably some hard feelings about his opportunity in Pittsburgh but that is conjecture on my part. He will go to wherever he might get a real look. Just like Mitch did.

Mason Rudolph has played on one team his whole career. I think he took the last contract with the belief he would get a legit opportunity to start. The difference between a starter and a career backup is probably at least 15 million per year. So no I think he will go to the best possible situation where he could get a legit shot. There is probably some hard feelings about his opportunity in Pittsburgh but that is conjecture on my part. He will go to wherever he might get a real look. Just like Mitch did.

Unfortunately I think you are right on this. If Mason doesn’t get the offer(s) he hopes for, I don’t think the money will be enough for him to return here as a #2.

I think Mitch is gone so the #2 is available, but I also think MASON feels burned here.

Salute the nation

Unfortunately I think you are right on this. If Mason doesn’t get the offer(s) he hopes for, I don’t think the money will be enough for him to return here as a #2.

I think Mitch is gone so the #2 is available, but I also think MASON feels burned here.

Salute the nation
Totally. Right or wrong. It's pro sports. My personal feeling was I'd have cleaned house on their cap issues and given him a chance. I wouldn't have went with Tribisky I'd have just given him a chance. But It would have been a lie if I said I wasn't happy they got Mitch, because I thought he could be a legit starter. Then they got KP. And not only did Rudolph not start, he didn't even dress. So I'd have to say that Pitt is probably 32 on his list.

Why does anyone believe that Trubisky is a better QB2 for the Steelers than Rudolph or even Josh Dobbs?

They started using Watt some at FB. I can see them trying to bring him back at a lesser salary. He's not going to get what he was getting even on the open market.

Totally. Right or wrong. It's pro sports. My personal feeling was I'd have cleaned house on their cap issues and given him a chance. I wouldn't have went with Tribisky I'd have just given him a chance. But It would have been a lie if I said I wasn't happy they got Mitch, because I thought he could be a legit starter. Then they got KP. And not only did Rudolph not start, he didn't even dress. So I'd have to say that Pitt is probably 32 on his list.

The Kenny Picket pick was the game changer for Mason.

Hind sight, I would have worked MASON one start, early in the Quagmire, hoping he did well Enough for a trade value.

They held onto Rudolf when there should have been an early trade.

Salute the nation

Why does anyone believe that Trubisky is a better QB2 for the Steelers than Rudolph or even Josh Dobbs?

I don’t, and I know I’m not everybody but my vote counts.

NOTE: Mason is gone, probably not to come back So Mitch is currently a keep or dismiss on the Steelers behalf. Mitch is too big a cap hit to keep considering his play. To much pay, not enough play.

Salute the nation

I thought they had something like 17m to work with. Then I saw they are like barely under or slightly over depending on the site you use. I realize there a couple easy cuts like WJ3 , and some might say Trubisky (but you still need a start capable backup), but you gotta pay people and they got a boatload of FA's. Jesus they are paying the Q (with Tubisky) about a third of what some teams have to. How could they possibly be in this situation?

Welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers. If we were a player to two a way, I could understand this. But we have not won a playoff game is six years. We are keeping the Lions and the Jets company. Move on for Tomlin, get an offensive minded head coach, and control this over spending on the cap! 7 of the final 8 teams had offensive minded head coaches by the way. Khan was in charge for the Johnson contact wasn't he? Not impressed with his first major move.

Welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers. If we were a player to two a way, I could understand this. But we have not won a playoff game is six years. We are keeping the Lions and the Jets company. Move on for Tomlin, get an offensive minded head coach, and control this over spending on the cap! 7 of the final 8 teams had offensive minded head coaches by the way. Khan was in charge for the Johnson contact wasn't he? Not impressed with his first major move.
I'm sure you were impressed with his second "major move" though, right? Getting essentially a first for Claypool. Genius.