• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What Needs to Happen to avoid another winning, whining season in 24

Shades scoffs at your idea of rebuilding.
We’re always only a play or two or a player or two from a championship. :ROFLMAO:
He also scoffs at disgruntled players being more than pebbles in his shoes, culture building, discipline and playing the best players instead of his dudes

Nothing will change next year and I anticipate much whining from players and fans alike

The only thing that may change is less playoff success meaning we don’t make them

We know the standard round here 😎

Item A. The team has to be more aggressive in the Red Zone passing game. For like five years now we have been stupidly conservative in there.

Item B. The team has to quit allowing teams to convert 2nd and 3rd and extremely long downs with passive plays..

Item C. We need to use the TEs in the passing game way more. Its chronically underutilized because we want them to be safety valves in the blocking game... that is really hurting the passing game.

Item D. The center position needs to be more stable. Either they need to simplify Coles blocks and not ask him to make super athletic two gap stuff or tgey need to bring in a guy who can...
Solutions
Wish Mike would read this and implement

He also scoffs at disgruntled players being more than pebbles in his shoes, culture building, discipline and playing the best players instead of his dudes

Nothing will change next year and I anticipate much whining from players and fans alike

The only thing that may change is less playoff success meaning we don’t make them

We know the standard round here 😎
We caught a break this year with Burrow being out. 10-7 may not get you into the playoffs next season. They will have to improve in order remain the same.

They need to make upgrades. Whatever that may result in. If that means moving on from Cam and upgrading in free agency do it. If that means targeting the best QB option in free agency or the draft do it. If that means bringing in a defensive assistant as they clearly aren't canning the DC do it. Can Peterson and Robinson. Bring in a reliable CB... Cut the dead weight. At least give yourself a fighting chance to be competitive where it counts, where it matters...
They already have a Defensive Assistant onboard by the name of Austin, they have no room for another.

Steelers don't rebuild so a decade of winning seasons. Enjoy the 8 or 9 wins and get trucked if we back into the playoffs again somehow. And no complaining!

And that is the real problem. Cowher had some dog **** seasons but when they came back from it they were legit contenders.

Never ever felt like there was no chance with Cowher teams, always felt like we had a chance.

Coach Tomlin’s teams have been mediocre for so long, we as even die-hards know, we don’t have a chance.

Salute the nation

'98-'00
7, 6 and 9 wins.

I hear that, but also didn’t feel doom, such as in todays team. I knew Cowher would rebuild and hadn’t given up hope on him.

With shades, we’ve stuck so long that all that is expected is mediocre. That was my point.

Salute the nation

I hear that, but also didn’t feel doom, such as in todays team. I knew Cowher would rebuild and hadn’t given up hope on him.

With shades, we’ve stuck so long that all that is expected is mediocre. That was my point.

Salute the nation
Well Cowher had a fraction of the resources. But yeah that was a bit of a long stretch. Cowher got quality assistants for most part and usually had good replacements for FA.

Steelers players are on par with 90% of the league? You haven't been watching
we ended up 10-7 and made the playoffs with below par to horrible QB play most of the season.

The rest of the roster isn't that bad, if compared to most of the other teams in the league.

we ended up 10-7 and made the playoffs with below par to horrible QB play most of the season.

The rest of the roster isn't that bad, if compared to most of the other teams in the league.
We caught a break though with Burrow and Watson being out hurt. 10-7 might not get us in the playoffs next season.