• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

When are Republicans going to gain fair representation in the media?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Fox news is not enough. And by saying the media I'm talking about TV sports too.

Other outlets like Newsmax and Rumble are springing up and a few Conservative politicians are ignoring the MSM and not giving them the time of day.

They're not. It's that simple. Republicans are painted as the lunatic fringe every single day, and since as a whole we just sit in the middle and suck on it, I figure it shouldn't be too long until we're ostracized completely from society or outright exterminated. Representation in media jobs is about to be the least of Republicans' worries.

And it's our own fault.

I can't figure out why conservatives don't just buy up the stocks of media outlets and remake them.

They're not. It's that simple. Republicans are painted as the lunatic fringe every single day, and since as a whole we just sit in the middle and suck on it, I figure it shouldn't be too long until we're ostracized completely from society or outright exterminated. Representation in media jobs is about to be the least of Republicans' worries.

And it's our own fault.
Yep. No point in sitting around worrying or whining about it. It is our fault. But can we fix it? I think the election of Trump, regardless what anyone thinks about him, was an effort to legally combat it. And the other side knows it, which is why they come after him so hard.

I'm 55 and ought to not be surprised by anything anymore, but I am still am at our leaders, from both sides, sheer stupidity and lack of concern for the people they represent. It isn't any better in other places around the world either. We are going into winter, and the people in countries in Europe are running around looking for wood to keep warm this winter. Wood! In 2022. But let's keep sending billions to corrupt Ukraine and bow to the green energy nuts.

I keep saying it to people, but I remember being in church one time during the first gulf war and the preacher doing some prophesy sermons. Really wasn't a fan as that stuff can be interpreted however you want it seems. But anyway, he threw out the idea that at some point the USA would become irrelevant in world affairs and China dominant. I remember goin "yeah, right." 30+ years later and here we are.

And it's our own fault.

I disagree. If the media wants to be far, it gives accurate points of views, especially nation wise news. Republicans should fight for fair representation. Our voices and views are not heard enough. TV can be a powerful.

I disagree. If the media wants to be far, it gives accurate points of views, especially nation wise news. Republicans should fight for fair representation. Our voices and views are not heard enough. TV can be a powerful.
You miss the point. The media has no interest in being fair. And I agree Republicans should fight for fair representation, but Republicans don't seem to want to fight for much these days. At this point, it is going to take more than "making our voices heard." And yes, TV is very powerful. There are currently American political prisoners being held in America based on a riot being labeled a coup and insurrection, a former president is getting his house raided, and Republicans as a whole are being made out to be there very thing that could destroy freedom in America. On TV. Every day, And it is taking hold. You don't need equal representation in media. You need to be prepared for what comes next. And it's coming.

You miss my point. Diversity should be based on population demographics and politics views. The media in general doesn't think this way and bends the truth and over represents the liberal cause. Use the Media shows to call on the own bias I say. Give examples.

You miss my point. Diversity should be based on population demographics and politics views. The media in general doesn't think this way and bends the truth and over represents the liberal cause. Use the Media shows to call on the own bias I say. Give examples.
What part of "the media isn't interested in being fair" don't you get? Diversity is what they say it is. They get called out on it every damn day. On Fox, OAN, Newsmax, on conservative radio. They all give plenty of examples. Hasn't changed a thing. In fact, they're more bold about it than ever.

And moreover, the people that watch liberal media aren't going to have their mind changed by any conservative. No way, no how.

What part of "the media isn't interested in being fair" don't you get? Diversity is what they say it is. They get called out on it every damn day. On Fox, OAN, Newsmax, on conservative radio. They all give plenty of examples. Hasn't changed a thing. In fact, they're more bold about it than ever.

Say it to their face, they won't like it. They hate the agenda being challenged by their own show. Disagree with you on this issue. Liberal diversity does not apply to population demographics or accuratley reflect race. Say it. I'm for pointing things out to a general audience who will nod their heads. I do not expect to chage one liberals mind. TV is a powerful medium.

And it's our own fault.
Yep, the answer is never.

Say it to their face, they won't like it. They hate the agenda being challenged by their own show. Disagree with you on this issue. Liberal diversity does not apply to population demographics or accuratley reflect race. Say it. I'm for pointing things out to a general audience who will nod their heads. I do not expect to chage one liberals mind. TV is a powerful medium.
And they'll shout you down or cut you off. They've cut the feed of how many people "saying it to their face?" I don't know where you've been the last 10 years, but they say and do what they want, and if you disagree, **** you. That is precisely how they look at it. As I said before, to their audience, the truth is what they say it is. Diversity is what they say it is. And the general audience that nods their heads will continue to nod their heads when the liberal media says the opposition is a threat to democracy, a racist, a transphobe or a conspiracy theorist.

You can send 1000 people on to their shows to "say it to their face." THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. It will change nothing among their minions. All they care about is the end, and to them that justifies the means.

brian-stelter-e1645119226692.jpg

Cooch, have you been under a rock or a bridge for the past generation?
Maybe you have noticed that the media stopped holding Democrats accountable when Slick Willie was President.
Maybe you have noticed that they **** all over Bush, Mittens, and have been spewing nothing but hatred for OMB.

And they'll shout you down or cut you off. They've cut the feed of how many people "saying it to their face?" I don't know where you've been the last 10 years, but they say and do what they want, and if you disagree, **** you. That is precisely how they look at it. As I said before, to their audience, the truth is what they say it is. Diversity is what they say it is. And the general audience that nods their heads will continue to nod their heads when the liberal media says the opposition is a threat to democracy, a racist, a transphobe or a conspiracy theorist.

You can send 1000 people on to their shows to "say it to their face." THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. It will change nothing among their minions. All they care about is the end, and to them that justifies the means.
It's not for the liberals, we can at least say the truth to them, and no I'm not talking about a radio show but a tv broadcasting as a guest. Tv shows still allow them you know. By saying it not everyone will be brainwashed. But say nothing and the chance if it happening are greater.

Cooch, have you been under a rock or a bridge for the past generation?
Maybe you have noticed that the media stopped holding Democrats accountable when Slick Willie was President.
Maybe you have noticed that they **** all over Bush, Mittens, and have been spewing nothing but hatred for OMB.

Democratic hate has been amped up lately in case you haven't noticed. They are worse than ever.

It's not for the liberals, we can at least say the truth to them, and no I'm not talking about a radio show but a tv broadcasting as a guest. Tv shows still allow them you know. By saying it not everyone will be brainwashed. But say nothing and the chance if it happening are greater.
What the **** are you talking about? Conservative lawmakers and pundits go on those shows all the time, and do exactly what you are saying they should do. Please, lay out all the good that has done.

Democratic hate has been amped up lately in case you haven't noticed. They are worse than ever.
It is on the same upward trajectory, from lower left to upper right, that it has been on for over a generation.
Have you been asleep?

It is on the same upward trajectory, from lower left to upper right, that it has been on for over a generation.
Have you been asleep?

No dolt it has spiked since the 2016 election. Same trajectoty, it is not. You are sleeping on this topic.

No dolt it has spiked since the 2016 election. Same trajectoty, it is not. You are sleeping on this topic.
Rip van Winkle Cooch, just becoming aware that the media ain't fair....what a shocker.

Rip van Winkle Cooch, just becoming aware that the media ain't fair....what a shocker.
Yeah, and if we just go on liberal TV shows and tell the truth, it will keep people from being brainwashed. I would argue that if you're watching those shows, you're already brainwashed.

Coach, I'd recommend you sit in the dark with a glass of brandy and think your topic through a little more, your view is too narrow. It isn't just Republicans who lack representation. The MSM has gone so far left that even Bill Mahar is calling them out. This is fringe level political theater and it's horribly dividing this country on purpose. You mentioned in an earlier post that television is a powerful tool, and it is, but even less so as social media is quickly overtaking how people get their news. Trog is a great example of how people read headlines and just believe the ****. They're too involved swiping up to the next and newest post from influencers to bother to read an article, contemplate the position, review potential motives, and form an educated opinion.

I've been giving myself at least one hour every evening to enjoy a libation and critically think over random topics. The exercise has really helped me to relax a bit and get my mind off of work while developing some core principles and finding flaws within myself that I need to work on. I highly recommend it. I deploy the five "whys" methodology, give it a chance, and enjoy that first sip. Salute'