• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Where DO we stand on the biggest factor on the team?

And Bradshaw knows QB evaluations 😂
The man who declared Sam Darnold more talented than Cam Newton

I believe his quote was “Sam Darnold is the most talented QB in Panther history”

And you and I both know Tomlin and Rooney suck at evals, so yep you’re spot on

The three guys that think he’s decent-good ALL suck at evaluating QBs

I love Terry for what he did for the Steelers - the current-day, blowhard Terry? Not so much. He often blows his football/football player analysis up to shreds. Yea, he didn't really have the Sam Donald analysis down too well, as you mentioned, and his current reasoning for why Kenny will be awesome isn't all that logical either. He's basing it all on Kenny being "calm" in the pocket and never seeming rattled....hey Terry, isn't getting happy feet early the definition of "not being calm?"

Someone correct me here if I'm off base but one of the four main critics of Kenny is he gets "happy feet" too early, like, before there is any reason to pull down the ball and run. And then he has to reset with the ball and find a target to throw to, and - this just in - he's not a "Big Ben" with the trait of doing that magnificently. As a matter of fact, he fails 9 out of 10 times at trying to reset and find an open WR. Ben was genius at doing that. Kenny? Not so much. Ben would literally bounce off D linemen and LBs trying to get him down and find a target. Kenny? Naw, that's not happening.

Terry, your analysis is garbage.

Kenny is the guy.
never has someone led their team to so many comeback wins, get hurt and have this **** pulled on him by his own coaches and the hometown fanbase. Why hasn't this f*cker demanded a trade? idk and i wouldn't be surprised to see something like that on draft day.

The defense could be a level above and beyond the Ravens if they - for the f*cking love of GOD - went out and got a goddamn NOSE TACKLE. Otherwise get a couple of 3-techniques and play the f*ckin 4-3. JFC. i'm so sick of the sh*t - like Tomlin needs a HoF at SS, CB, DE and ILB and THE OTHER ILB?!! for f*cks sake!

The offense needs much more. 1. A head coach that can pull his head out of a** and stop meddling in the playcalls. 2. A coordinator & GM on the same page so that the strategy can marry the skills of the players THEY DO have. 3. One wide receiver worth a f*ckin damn. PS. Odunze solves this last problem.

You give Kenny way too much slack. The Canada offense was limiting but even allowing for that, Kenny was historically awful.

I’m not saying cut Kenny. Give him a shot to win the job in preseason but it better be a real open competition and don’t just hand him the job because he has not earned that benefit of the doubt. If you are planning the future around Kenny being your franchise QB, you’re nuts.

Dejan does a great job debunking the notion that Kenny is somehow OWED the starting job. He also gives the stats on just how bad Kenny has been.

The most damning stat against Kenny

Rate of catchable passes 82.9% which ranks 35th. Kenny’s accuracy was touted as a strength but so far he is one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL. That’s not Matt Canada’s fault that about 1 in 5 of Kenny’s passes is uncatchable.

I suspect the open competition will be handicapped in Pickett’s favor. If he plays 90% as well as the best QB, he will still win the job. I think there will have to be a considerable difference in play for him not to.

I suspect the open competition will be handicapped in Pickett’s favor. If he plays 90% as well as the best QB, he will still win the job. I think there will have to be a considerable difference in play for him not to.
Maybe. I just wonder if previously they had in mind a style of Qb to run Canada's "system"...whatever that was, and Pickett was that guy. That is not an issue anymore.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Sorry, I'm leaning towards disastrous: A 37 QBR and below QBs such as Ridder, O'Connell, Fields and Howell, and just above QBs like Mac Jones, Bryce Young and Zack Wilson. I mean, these guys are unwatchable, just terrible. Kenny Pickett has set a record for the lowest TD % of any QB who has played 500 attempts in the history of the league since the merger. The very worst ever.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/wh...-for-a-qb-in-nfl-history-minimum-500-attempts

Kenny has been God-awful. The only 2 people who don't agree are Tomlin and Rooney. Oh, and Bradshaw.
I also don’t believe he has been God-awful.

Does he need to play better, sure, will he be allowed to, not really sure he will be.

Rate of catchable passes 82.9% which ranks 35th. Kenny’s accuracy was touted as a strength but so far he is one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL. That’s not Matt Canada’s fault that about 1 in 5 of Kenny’s passes is uncatchable.
And somehow GP bailed him
Out by catching several passes that would’ve otherwise been deemed uncatchable

Even the catches are poorly placed for RAC

Throw in the fact that the percentage is being inflated by the extremely high number of passes so close to the LOS and the percentage downright sucks

I’m not sure I would go that far, but Purdy is in a MUCH better situation.
Purdy is definitely in a better situation but
The stats clearly show it to be true

Purdy>KP
And it’s not even close
Double the QBR-can’t blame that all on situation

It may take KP his first contract with a 5th year option to throw the number of TDs Purdy threw in a season

Can’t blame the massive gap in production between the two all on situation. One guy is good and one is a bottom feeder

Last edited:
I’d take Rattler in the 5th as well.

Salute the nation
Rattler would be an instant upgrade from KP
Have a feeling several mid round QBs would be, that’s sad

Kevin Bacon would be an upgrade from KP, at least he’s acted like a QB before…and well you know why

Yup, you got that right.

Purdy>KP
And it’s not even close

It may take KP his first contract with a 5th year option to throw the number of TDs Purdy threw in a season

Can’t blame the massive gap in production between the two all on situation. One guy is good and one is a bottom feeder
Kenny's currently on a pace for 1/2 a TD per game. That is .5 TDs per game, with a "." in front of the 5. Big Ben had some games where he threw 5 TDs in a game, without a "." in front of it. And that's with the same "pee his pants" head coach.

Purdy>KP
And it’s not even close

It’s almost as if you have an agenda or something.

Have fun with your goal.

I’m not sure I would go that far, but Purdy is in a MUCH better situation.
Both concepts can be - and are - true. Purdy is in a MUCH better situation, with a great OL, great play caller, great D, great playmakers all over the place. That is true. Having McCafferty in the backfield ALONE is a huge advantage. But let's not get crazy here: Purdy is a much better QB than Kenny, by far. It's not even close.

Both concepts can be - and are - true. Purdy is in a MUCH better situation, with a great OL, great play caller, great D, great playmakers all over the place. That is true. Having McCafferty in the backfield ALONE is a huge advantage. But let's not get crazy here: Purdy is a much better QB than Kenny, by far. It's not even close.
Remind me again, what team are you the GM for? Also, how do you have so much free time, you know, to help out all the failing franchises.

It's also not Canada's fault that Kenny locks onto his prime receiver only, at the snap of the ball until the play is over. Nor was it his fault that Kenny got "happy feet" early, when there wasn't even any real pressure happening. Nor was it his fault that Kenny couldn't see wide open receivers open.

Remind me again, what team are you the GM for? Also, how do you have so much free time, you know, to help out all the failing franchises.
NO ******* POLITICS IN THIS FORUM(coolie's edit to politica video post)

Last edited by a moderator: