• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

White House: ‘embittered’ World War II veterans should get over Pearl Harbor

Spike

Reaction score
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said during a press conference Monday it was natural for World War II veterans to be “embittered” about Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s visit to Pearl Harbor, but they should get over it for the sake of America.

It was announced Monday that Abe will be the first Japanese leader to visit Pearl Harbor since it was hit by a surprise attack that killed 2,403 Americans and brought the U.S. into World War II. The visit reciprocates President Barack Obama’s visit to Hiroshima earlier this year for the anniversary of the atomic bomb attack on the city.

Abe said in a short statement he would pray for those who died in the war, but gave no indication he would express regret for Japan’s surprise attack.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/12...world-war-ii-veterans-get-pearl-harbor-420499

----------------------------

The apology tour continues....

Just like we should get over 9/11?

Crying Dems should get over losing to Trump, for the sake of America.

Get over it? Who is he to tell them to get over it?

Dude should be fired immediately but Odumafuck won't have the balls. You do not say that about our veterans and about a war that they gave everything for this country and the freedoms we have. **** you, Mr. Earnest and your boss if he doesn't ****-can you today!

How about Trump won the election and all the little brats that don't like it "should get over it for the sake of America".

But African Americans should be paid reparations for slavery. We cannot possibly get over that, despite generations of changes and advancements. Obama: They must be paid. WWII veterans who died, were wounded, or fought to keep this country free? "******* Get Over It" -- The White House

**** you Obama.

Spike said:

How about Trump won the election and all the little brats that don't like it "should get over it for the sake of America".

Reading is a life long skill

Reading is a life long skill

Someone really likes to be paid attention to...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Take his comments as a compliment, or as an oversight. Certainly it's not worth pointing out though.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said during a press conference Monday it was natural for World War II veterans to be “embittered” about Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s visit to Pearl Harbor, but they should get over it for the sake of America.

It was announced Monday that Abe will be the first Japanese leader to visit Pearl Harbor since it was hit by a surprise attack that killed 2,403 Americans and brought the U.S. into World War II. The visit reciprocates President Barack Obama’s visit to Hiroshima earlier this year for the anniversary of the atomic bomb attack on the city.

Abe said in a short statement he would pray for those who died in the war, but gave no indication he would express regret for Japan’s surprise attack.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/12...world-war-ii-veterans-get-pearl-harbor-420499

----------------------------

The apology tour continues....

Just like we should get over 9/11?

“If I were a World War II veteran who was drafted by the United States military to go and fight for our country overseas in the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor attack, I might feel quite embittered,..
Somehow this buttplug managed to make it about getting drafted. Idiot. Never mind that about a third of WWII soldiers were volunteer - like my Dad.

Dude should be fired immediately but Odumafuck won't have the balls. You do not say that about our veterans and about a war that they gave everything for this country and the freedoms we have. **** you, Mr. Earnest and your boss if he doesn't ****-can you today!

Nah. Bomma no doubt agrees with him. While he's at it he should tell blacks to get over slavery.

Get over it? We shoulda dropped a coupla A-bombs on those *******!... Oh, wait...

I suppose there could be some Japs carrying a grudge against us, but I've never heard of them.

hmmm.... who initiated the attack, Trog?

Tic toc the ******* is on the clock. Time to punch out soon. Bye bye

Not Abe, nor any of the 200k that died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

so our WW2 vets who are still alive, should get past this and not cling to the hatred for the people who killed their friends and loved ones.

gotcha. 100% understood.

now, about the black activists still wanting their 40 acres and mule, what would you say to them?

I knew a guy who was the officer of the deck on the U.S.S. Maryland when the attach came on Dec. 7th 1941. He was a retired navy captain when I knew him. Anyways I didn't know him to have a bigoted bone in his body except for the Japanese. To the day he died he hated the Japanese. The people who were part of this destruction and death just couldn't/can't let it go.

Trog says they should.

so our WW2 vets who are still alive, should get past this and not cling to the hatred for the people who killed their friends and loved ones.

gotcha. 100% understood.

now, about the black activists still wanting their 40 acres and mule, what would you say to them?

So you are in favor of giving black WWII vets reparations. gotcha. 100% understood.

So you want Abe to explicitly express regret for something that happened 13 years before he was even born? Praying for the victims isn't enough. gotcha. 100% understood.

I know crazy pissed off feels good, but it's still crazy.

I know crazy pissed off feels good, but it's still crazy.

To be fair, Obammy's press secretary advised Pearl Harbor survivors to "get over it." That is, men who saw their comrades-in-arms burnt and blown apart and drowned in a sneak attack.

Their anger towards the Japanese is certainly not crazy, Trog.

goddammit, Steeltime.
stop using facts.

I personally know several of the "Greatest Generation" who to this day would not buy a Japanese car (notwithstanding that most are built here in the U.S.). Good for them. I'm glad they have standards.

To be fair, Obammy's press secretary advised Pearl Harbor survivors to "get over it." That is, men who saw their comrades-in-arms burnt and blown apart and drowned in a sneak attack.

Their anger towards the Japanese is certainly not crazy, Trog.

It's no less crazy than blacks, who witnesssed their loved ones being lynched in the 1960s Deep South, hating white people who had nothing to do with, or weren't even born at the time of lynchings.

Conservatives seem to undertand one, liberals the other.