• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who's left here that still believes?

I think we move on from Justin and that really helps..
I can see 3-4 wins in that group as long as the defense don’t give up out of frustration .
Russel should be able to be much better on third downs and in the downfield passing offense .
Defense was wore out by mid third last night.

The defense was wore out from chasing guys to tackle because of this stupid soft zone that leaves guys wide open constantly.

Last two games were disgusting to watch.
On offense I see players unutilized, (muth, Washington). And the run game is terrible. Spencer anderson had looked better than seumalo did last night. And that's bad. Najee looked his best when catching passes out of the back field. Two I think it was. Why didn't we hit that more. Fields looked pedestrian, and lost at times. I was becoming a believer in him, but I think might be wrong. There are things on offense that they could be doing, we see it. But they don't. Just keep shoving squares into round holes. The slant pass, the drag, the flare, the roll out, the waggle. Nope. But hey we WILL try najee around the end, or throwing it long. This is just offense. Idk wtf is wrong with defense.
Every level was bad last night . Dak made some **** throws and we got pics, hooray. Let's run to the end zone and pose .
Fields had his worst game as a Steeler and the team lost two winnable games. It is either him or Tomlin or both.

Good news.. our next four games are raiders , jets, giants, and commodores..
The only game that I have any confidence in is the Giants game.

Well, I would never abandon my beloved STEELERS but also let it be known that I have vision of what is happening to our team. It isn’t just injuries, it’s the scheme / Micro-managing / perceived lackadaisical-ness in preparations / amongst time & challenge management as well with in-game adjustments.

TJ is all world pro, but coaching is holding him back. Opposition can chip and double him out of the play. It looked easy yesterday to run right at him, multiple times. No adjustments or moving him a round a little.

Yes, it does have that feel of GROUNDHOG DAY and that will feeling will be present until proven otherwise.

Can this year’s season be a success, hellA yes it can. 5 games in and we have yet to establish an identity. We are known that we want to run the ball, but haven’t successfully yet to establish that identity.

We are known to want to establish a kill-shot defense, but haven’t established that identity. Instead, we have proven we have an expensive defense that can be schemed against.

NO, I’m definately NOT giving up on them and am still “ALL IN” as there is a lot of season left and we could turn things around.

It will take some work and healing up, but we can rise. We can fight to dominate, to defend our field of play. That guy next to you will see the fight and he will fight the more, chain reaction flows through and the fuse is lit. That INCH is attainable and that INCH is what we will die on, for my brothers.

GO. GO. GO. GO S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S here we go.!

Salute the nation
We could indeed, but not holding my breath as it has now been Ground Hog’s day for way too many years

I am seeing the fundamentals slip away week by week on the defense

I don’t rely on PFF and it’s garbage stats but seeing JPJ ranked whatever it was 93 of 97?!?
WTH?
And early on a game going for that stupid punch at the ball instead of even attempting a tackle whatsoever
His a$$ should have been on the sidelines a few plays being read the riot act

First quarter and already giving up on tackling?
Soft AF

This team does appear to have a severe lack of fundamentals

At this point, I'd like to see the training wheels removed from Fields to see what he can accomplish good and bad. Fields has done a decent job so far, but he's being used primarily as a game manager with few chances to let loose. Allen comes in the game cold off the bench and they immediately call a pass play over the middle that results in a 19 yard reception. Fields comes back in and was successful completing three straight passes for the TD. Tomlin then goes right back to the frustratingly plodding offense that's not much different than the past few seasons. I don't know if it's a trust issue, but why call so many run plays and short yardage pass plays for fields that do little most of the time, then Allow Allen to throw on his second snap, first time in a game this year and cold off the bench, down the middle? I miss the days when we had an offense that could win games and played that way.

OC changes, but the offense mostly stays the same makes me think again that the blame should be laid at Tomlin more than it is. I think I've seen enough of Fields to be fine if they offered him a team friendly contract beyond this year. He's far from lights out at the moment, but I think there is talent there once the coaches let him play. He's also an upgrade over the three QBs we had last year. That said, I want to see what Rus can do with the offense for a couple of games. Fields might be the future, but Rus is probably the only chance the team has at winning a super bowl this year if he still has some of his old self in the tank. Let's see if Rus can take more command of the offense and produce more than what we've had so far, so the defense isn't gassed at the end of the game. If he can't, then trade him to a team that is a starting QB away from contending for a day two pick and keep going with Fields.

Well, I would never abandon my beloved STEELERS but also let it be known that I have vision of what is happening to our team. It isn’t just injuries, it’s the scheme / Micro-managing / perceived lackadaisical-ness in preparations / amongst time & challenge management as well with in-game adjustments.

TJ is all world pro, but coaching is holding him back. Opposition can chip and double him out of the play. It looked easy yesterday to run right at him, multiple times. No adjustments or moving him a round a little.

Yes, it does have that feel of GROUNDHOG DAY and that will feeling will be present until proven otherwise.

Can this year’s season be a success, hellA yes it can. 5 games in and we have yet to establish an identity. We are known that we want to run the ball, but haven’t successfully yet to establish that identity.

We are known to want to establish a kill-shot defense, but haven’t established that identity. Instead, we have proven we have an expensive defense that can be schemed against.

NO, I’m definately NOT giving up on them and am still “ALL IN” as there is a lot of season left and we could turn things around.

It will take some work and healing up, but we can rise. We can fight to dominate, to defend our field of play. That guy next to you will see the fight and he will fight the more, chain reaction flows through and the fuse is lit. That INCH is attainable and that INCH is what we will die on, for my brothers.

GO. GO. GO. GO S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S here we go.!

Salute the nation
This is hope. And there is nothing wrong with hope. Hope is good. I hope. But unfortunately it does not stand to reason.

In fairness, I didn’t/don’t really believe in the first place.

I will be highly skeptical UNTIL the team gets a new Managing Owner that realizes that a change at Head Coach is needed.

Last edited:
At this point, I'd like to see the training wheels removed from Fields to see what he can accomplish good and bad. Fields has done a decent job so far, but he's being used primarily as a game manager with few chances to let loose. Allen comes in the game cold off the bench and they immediately call a pass play over the middle that results in a 19 yard reception. Fields comes back in and was successful completing three straight passes for the TD. Tomlin then goes right back to the frustratingly plodding offense that's not much different than the past few seasons. I don't know if it's a trust issue, but why call so many run plays and short yardage pass plays for fields that do little most of the time, then Allow Allen to throw on his second snap, first time in a game this year and cold off the bench, down the middle? I miss the days when we had an offense that could win games and played that way.

OC changes, but the offense mostly stays the same makes me think again that the blame should be laid at Tomlin more than it is. I think I've seen enough of Fields to be fine if they offered him a team friendly contract beyond this year. He's far from lights out at the moment, but I think there is talent there once the coaches let him play. He's also an upgrade over the three QBs we had last year. That said, I want to see what Rus can do with the offense for a couple of games. Fields might be the future, but Rus is probably the only chance the team has at winning a super bowl this year if he still has some of his old self in the tank. Let's see if Rus can take more command of the offense and produce more than what we've had so far, so the defense isn't gassed at the end of the game. If he can't, then trade him to a team that is a starting QB away from contending for a day two pick and keep going with Fields.

bro-im-dead-skeleton-falling.gif

Are we tired of mediocracy yet? I know I am. Don't understand why Art II is so stubborn in keeping Tomlin, especially with the latest three year extension. Art II is fortunate The Steelers Nation is so dedicated. Steelers, and football in general, are in our DNA with all of us who grew up in and around Pittsburgh. Previously I said I miss Troy, I also miss the fire with Cower led teams.

Are we tired of mediocracy yet? I know I am. Don't understand why Art II is so stubborn in keeping Tomlin, especially with the latest three year extension. Art II is fortunate The Steelers Nation is so dedicated. Steelers, and football in general, are in our DNA with all of us who grew up in and around Pittsburgh. Previously I said I miss Troy, I also miss the fire with Cower led teams.
As is said by the announcers in every Steelers game, "Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season." Gee, I didn't know that....

I wish they'd talk about post-season over the last several years, but they don't so we're supposed to be really happy that we're always winners. So Art must be happy too. I get it that other teams have had it much worse and have for a long time, but that's on them. This is the Steelers.

I think we saw that in Chicago and it was sometimes spectacular and usually terrible. I think we are handling right and doing it in baby steps. Sitting may be what he needs.

This was my last game of the season. I may return if Russell Wilson gets a shot. I have better things to do with my time. Any sane adult can see that the coaching is trash. Two straight losses to the Cowboys. Their defense was decimated with injuries too. I am out. See you all next year.
Tomlin will still be here, so it's gonna be ground hog day for you!

Well...

Was 26 years between SB XIV and SB XL. Tomlin is only coming up on 16 years since he last won one. Art II figures MT's still got another 10 years to win another.

I believe things are not going to change while Tomlin is here. I also believe Tomlin is going nowhere. So that is where we are and where we are stuck for the foreseeable future.
That's exactly where I'm at. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm done letting my blood boil during games. People have lost everything in North Carolina, etc. and aren't getting much help so I'm going get mad about that and not something I know isn't going to change since we just extended the clown.

I get so tired of hearing that the D is worn out for this reason, or that reason, or because the O doesn’t give them a break.

If the players on D weren’t giving up long drives, they wouldn’t be so damn tired. How about they get THEMSELVES off the field. Sure the O may put them right back out there, but you get a hell of a lot more rest if you get off the field 3x with 3 ‘n outs, than 9 play scoring drives.

Seemed like the wheels were off last night as he threw deep quite often. We have no weapons and he couldn't hit them consistently even if we did.

Too many injuries. Khan did a great job this offseason adding significant depth and injuries have decimated all that good work. I know it's the NFL and "next man up" and all of that, but this season has been brutal in that regard.

I take solace in the fact that we aren't the Browns. I had to take a nap and put the game on...right to sleep. Man do they suck.
The amount of injuries has been ridiculous and I wonder how much is the new head trainer...

Khan built depth and it is more than being tested right now. There's only so much you can do.

My big issue is the problems are the same we see every year. Different OC, QB, new OL, etc. and the offense does the same BS. We see the same issues with the defense. There is one common denominator and he has the most job security in the city of Pittsburgh.

For two consecutive off-seasons, the FO thought LT was our biggest need because of Dan Moore.
On one play last night, our "best OL" literally let two guys, one each side of him, run around him untouched to Fields.

Dan Moore exemplifies all that is wrong with the Steelers: at many positions, our best isn't very good at all.

I’ll be honest, I do not believe. It’s been nearly eight years since this team has won a playoff game. The last 3-5 years have been some of the most frustrating and disappointing seasons in recent memory. This team looks like world beaters for a week or two, then looks like a bunch of also rans for the next few weeks. It feels like they more or less bullshit their way to a few wins they simply don’t deserve every year. And there is no consistency in anything. Everything looks difficult for this team year in and year out.

Wake me when they figure out a way to put it together consistently. They’ll still lose some, sure, but at least they’ll look like they showed up.