• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who's left here that still believes?

Believe in what? I thin k pretty much everyone on this board wants Tomlin gone. Unfortunately, none of us have the control to do so.

So cheer for your team or turn into a little ***** every single time something goes wrong?

I cannot stand "fans" who cry up and down no matter what. Fields throws a TD? *****. Block a punt? *****. pick up a first down? *****.

I have no control over who is coach of the Steeler. But I can choose how I respond when they have a good play.

Do I believe that the Steelers are going to make a Super Bowl run this year? no I do not. But for 3 hours a week I will cheer them on. and prob ***** about them the rest of the time.

I'll still watch and cheer for them every week, but this is just another .500 Tomlin team at best. We're still waiting for Ben's replacement and until that happens we're not going very far, which sucks for guys like TJ and Heyward.

I'll still watch, and I still hope they win every week, but man, it gets discouraging watching them do the same stupid stuff every week and have the same problems year after year. I'm not reall all that emotionally attached though. I kind of have the same type of reaction whether the play is good or bad, nothing over the top anymore.

I'll still watch, and I still hope they win every week, but man, it gets discouraging watching them do the same stupid stuff every week and have the same problems year after year. I'm not reall all that emotionally attached though. I kind of have the same type of reaction whether the play is good or bad, nothing over the top anymore.
I don't mind a loss too badly if it's a good, well-fought game and there's no stupidity involved. I don't like it, but I don't get angry. It's the junior high stuff that really gets to me - both the coaching and players and it just keeps happening.

This was my last game of the season. I may return if Russell Wilson gets a shot. I have better things to do with my time. Any sane adult can see that the coaching is trash. Two straight losses to the Cowboys. Their defense was decimated with injuries too. I am out. See you all next year.
This is not an airport, no need to announce departure

And in week 6 no less.

I've lowered my expectations and what the teams ceiling is. Which is a permanently mid level team.

They could make the playoffs and win a game if they're also playing a mid tier team who has a not so good qb and coaches.

The last few playoff wins came against basically back up quarterbacks.

That's pretty much the ceiling. There's just no way they're going through the top teams and winning a superbowl, not without some tactical brilliance and becoming a well oiled machine.

I went from hopefully to disappointed again because I see the exact same issues on repeat again this year.

Reactions: GMC
It's a long season, I hate the way the team looked these last two losses, but they weren't lost due to lack of effort on the field. As long as this teams plays to the final whistle I'm all in, I made it though Mark Malone as our starting qb, this ain't nothin compared to that.

Joe
Really? What do you think is so radically different between the "Malone years" and what we've been experiencing lately, especially the last 7? Really, what is all so different? We haven't won any playoff games in either period; we've gone to some and lost. What is so, so very different between the 2 eras, tell me. Malone went....

9-7
7-9
6-10
8-7

So, what has Tomlin done that is so impressive over what Malone did? He also hasn't won a playoff games in 7 years, and both eras made the playoffs. So....? Bother teams hovered right around .500. I don't see a difference. Malone got his clock cleaned by Marino (45-28), Tomlin got slobberknockered by the Browns, KC, Bills and Jax. They averaged giving up over 40 PPG, great. The recent Tomlin-era Steelers have nothing on the Malone era. And here we sit, 3-2 once again. Same old BS.

Really? What do you think is so radically different between the "Malone years" and what we've been experiencing lately, especially the last 7? Really, what is all so different? We haven't won any playoff games in either period; we've gone to some and lost. What is so, so very different between the 2 eras, tell me. Malone went....

9-7
7-9
6-10
8-7

So, what has Tomlin done that is so impressive over what Malone did? He also hasn't won a playoff games in 7 years, and both eras made the playoffs. So....? Bother teams hovered right around .500. I don't see a difference. Malone got his clock cleaned by Marino (45-28), Tomlin got slobberknockered by the Browns, KC, Bills and Jax. They averaged giving up over 40 PPG, great. The recent Tomlin-era Steelers have nothing on the Malone era. And here we sit, 3-2 once again. Same old BS.
You obviously didn't have to go through the Mark Malone years. It was a level of ineptitude and suck that you can't even fathom. There are no stats, records, or charts that could possibly represent the Malone era. but since you like stats, there was only one year that he threw more touchdowns than interceptions. In 1987 he threw 6TDs and 19int. 1988 he threw for 6 tds and 13int.

Mustache Malone was a cement footed statue who couldn't read a defense, couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with the ball, and HAD to be color blind because he saw wide open defenders apparently.

You obviously didn't have to go through the Mark Malone years. It was a level of ineptitude and suck that you can't even fathom. There are no stats, records, or charts that could possibly represent the Malone era. but since you like stats, there was only one year that he threw more touchdowns than interceptions. In 1987 he threw 6TDs and 19int. 1988 he threw for 6 tds and 13int.

Mustache Malone was a cement footed statue who couldn't read a defense, couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with the ball, and HAD to be color blind because he saw wide open defenders apparently.

9-7
7-9
6-10
8-7

9-7
7-9
6-10
8-7

NFL.com ranked the Mark Malone QB unit as the fifth worst in NFL history. You're young pup and you will never grasp how bad those years were. We would have given our first borns to have these Tomlin's teams.

I believe....I believe that our ownership is willing to toss away millions upon millions of dollars while never calling out any of our coaches. Our DC coach should have been replaced years ago and especially this year. He has been living off of Watts dominance for years now. We have the highest paid defense in the NFL and he cant win a game without Watt.

Sorry but the 'gravy train' for Austin needs to come to an end.

Seriously why does this guy get a pass year after year?

I believe....I believe that our ownership is willing to toss away millions upon millions of dollars while never calling out any of our coaches. Our DC coach should have been replaced years ago and especially this year. He has been living off of Watts dominance for years now. We have the highest paid defense in the NFL and he cant win a game without Watt.

Sorry but the 'gravy train' for Austin needs to come to an end.

Seriously why does this guy get a pass year after year?
It runs deeper than Austin, and we all know that. Who knows, certainly we don't, Austin might be a decent DC.

Yep...."believe" doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results.
I don't see how we are doing the same thing again. We made wholesale changes this year. Things were looking up offensively until the avalanche of injuries. I thought they were doing a damn good job redeveloping Fields. Until last week. They need line stability and healthy RB's in Warren and Patterson. Najee has a role but he needs help.

I don't see how we are doing the same thing again. We made wholesale changes this year. Things were looking up offensively until the avalanche of injuries. I thought they were doing a damn good job redeveloping Fields. Until last week. They need line stability and healthy RB's in Warren and Patterson. Najee has a role but he needs help.
What about on the D side of the ball? Went from playing an aggressive tight coverage.......back to our 10 yard cushions. And all teams have injuries. Not just us. Simply part of the game.

This is not an airport, no need to announce departure

And in week 6 no less.
I am not leaving this forum. Just done watching the same BS. I have seen this movie too many times. The Steelers won't be worth a damn until they fire Tomlin. Are the Steelers the Supreme Court? Is Tomlin suppose to die on the job? Enough is enough. I am not announcing anything. I am stating a fact.

I am not leaving this forum. Just done watching the same BS. I have seen this movie too many times. The Steelers won't be worth a damn until they fire Tomlin. Are the Steelers the Supreme Court? Is Tomlin suppose to die on the job? Enough is enough. I am not announcing anything. I am stating a fact.

Like the old joke; the three jobs you get to keep for life …a Pope, a Supreme Court Justice, and a Steeler head coach.

Last edited:

9-7
7-9
6-10
8-7

That's why my argument stands. Tomlin's early success was a product of what Cowher left him. Period.

9-7
7-9
6-10
8-7

Ben had a lot to do with losing to the Browns.
The players had more to do with losing games than Tomlin.

You’ll sit there during a game bitching about how player X is missing his blocks, how player Y dropped a pass, how the QB overthrew or threw a pick six or how the refs are missing holding calls, then in the end you’ll blame Tomlin for losing the game.

Ben had a lot to do with losing to the Browns.
The players had more to do with losing games than Tomlin.

You’ll sit there during a game bitching about how player X is missing his blocks, how player Y dropped a pass, how the QB overthrew or threw a pick six or how the refs are missing holding calls, then in the end you’ll blame Tomlin for losing the game.
Who takes the credit then for Tomlin's 5-2 postseason start?

Who takes the credit then for Tomlin's 5-2 postseason start?
Barry Switzer won a superbowl in Dallas with Jimmy Johnson's built team. They had the machine built It's the same thing.
Just Tomlin has been here longer, so all of those coaches,players and team identity slowly dissipated as the coaches and players left or retired.

What Tomlin has failed to do is keep the standard going. Well, actually it's a new standard,just get a winning season participation trophy. There's been no progress toward actually winning a championship or even looking like a championship team again.

This has been my view for a long time, I just don't harp about daily like some . I'll just take what enjoyment I can from the games and call it a day.

I do know you can't talk your way into a championship culture, you have to build it.