• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who's left here that still believes?

Barry Switzer won a superbowl in Dallas with Jimmy Johnson's built team. They had the machine built It's the same thing.
Just Tomlin has been here longer, so all of those coaches,players and team identity slowly dissipated as the coaches and players left or retired.

What Tomlin has failed to do is keep the standard going. Well, actually it's a new standard,just get a winning season participation trophy. There's been no progress toward actually winning a championship or even looking like a championship team again.

This has been my view for a long time, I just don't harp about daily like some . I'll just take what enjoyment I can from the games and call it a day.

I do know you can't talk your way into a championship culture, you have to build it.
And he can't.

I am not leaving this forum. Just done watching the same BS. I have seen this movie too many times. The Steelers won't be worth a damn until they fire Tomlin. Are the Steelers the Supreme Court? Is Tomlin suppose to die on the job? Enough is enough. I am not announcing anything. I am stating a fact.
I'm glad, the more the merrier.

But your definition of fact and attitude and outlook are *****. If you dont enjoy the game, don't watch. Take up a hobby.

But don't come here and try to ruin it for the people who enjoy it with your BS predictions.

Bonus points for supreme court analogy and the answer is yes. Steelers do what they want, we give them the money and shut up.

But your definition of fact and attitude and outlook are *****. If you dont enjoy the game, don't watch. Take up a hobby.

But don't come here and try to ruin it for the people who enjoy it with your BS predictions.

Bonus points for supreme court analogy and the answer is yes. Steelers do what they want, we give them the money and shut up.
You enjoy the game? You are a young pup. Come back here in 20 years when the world **** in your cheerios a few dozen times and re-read your posts.

I can come here and post what I want and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it, but read it and like it boy. I have been posting here since the 1990s. If you don't like it, take your punk *** to another forum.

Really? What do you think is so radically different between the "Malone years" and what we've been experiencing lately, especially the last 7? Really, what is all so different? We haven't won any playoff games in either period; we've gone to some and lost. What is so, so very different between the 2 eras, tell me. Malone went....

So, what has Tomlin done that is so impressive over what Malone did?

What is radically different is that your blaming Malone and not Noll.

Contrasting Malone with Tomlin? You're a piece work.

Last edited:
Barry Switzer won a superbowl in Dallas with Jimmy Johnson's built team. They had the machine built It's the same thing.
Just Tomlin has been here longer, so all of those coaches,players and team identity slowly dissipated as the coaches and players left or retired.

What Tomlin has failed to do is keep the standard going. Well, actually it's a new standard,just get a winning season participation trophy. There's been no progress toward actually winning a championship or even looking like a championship team again.

This has been my view for a long time, I just don't harp about daily like some . I'll just take what enjoyment I can from the games and call it a day.

I do know you can't talk your way into a championship culture, you have to build it.

To outsiders, Tomlins no losing seasons IS keeping the standard going.

Look at some other former powerhouses that fell from grace...
Whatever happened to the "Just Win Baby" Raiders and their "Commitment to excellence" ?
Dallas played in 8 Super Bowls and won 5.....in the last century. Don't hear the once often spoken words a lot anymore. "Americas Team".
Old school teams like the Shitstains with their 4 NFL Championships. Paul Brown was "Gods gift to football" ya know.
...Vince Lombardis Packers went to s h i t for decades.

We will see how long it takes for the Pats to get back to prominence.
Hopefully never.
So does the new Pats coach or coaches be blamed for not keeping their standard going?

The Niners went to s h i t for a long time after their dynasty, but have finally become contenders again.

So, it wouldn't be a reach to say that the Steelers are tops as far as maintaining a winning culture...despite the playoff win drought.
Thats what leaves a bad taste.

Last edited:
Who takes the credit then for Tomlin's 5-2 postseason start?
The players of course.

I wonder what the attitude would be toward Tomlin had he won a Super Bowl with "his players".

Versus Green Bay Tomlin didn't miss a wide-open Mike Wallace for a TD. Marsha makes that throw.
Nor did Tomlin lose a fumble as we were marching toward the endzone.

Last edited:

Whatever happened to the "Just Win Baby" Raiders and their "Commitment to excellence" ?
Dallas played in 8 Super Bowls and won 5.....in the last century. Don't hear the once often spoken words a lot anymore. "Americas Team".
Old school teams like the Shitstains with their 4 NFL Championships. Paul Brown was "Gods gift to football" ya know.

Hopefully never.
So does the new Pats coach or coaches be blamed for not keeping their standard going?

The Niners went to s h i t for a long time after their dynasty, but have finally become contenders again.

So, it wouldn't be a reach to say that the Steelers are tops as far as maintaining a winning culture...despite the playoff win drought.

The Steelers are mid-level team and have been so for over a decade. They're just good enough to stay .500 or slightly above. They haven't moved forward or backward. They do just enough when they need to.

They can't compete with the good/great teams when it comes to the playoffs. They get outplayed and outcoached every single time.

They refuse to adapt or change anything. The preparation looks absolutely lousy. I can't remember the last time they looked like a well oiled machine on both sides of the ball. I swear sometimes they come out looking like they've never practiced or played football before.

The defense getting picked apart by scrub quarterbacks is pretty routine and a long time ongoing thing.

I could go on all day about the same flaws I've seen over and over and over and over and over again,year after year, after year.

The most promising things I've seen is the investment in the OL and getting back to playing power football again. That's going to take some time, but you have to do at least one thing on offense really well to open up the other.

I'd figure a dominant running game is the best track to having a respectable passing attack again.

To compound that problem they don't even have a No.1 receiver, let alone a No.2.
I doubt Pickens makes it this whole season. You can't win championships with half *** pouting diva players anyway.

I just don't see it the team reaching the highest level again with this coaching staff. They need a lot of changes.

I want to be wrong, I really do and I'll be the first to admit it gladly.

Don't get me wrong. I hope. And I'm not calling people out. I'm just wondering. You keep seeing the same story play out again and again. How can anyone especially the FO believe this is working. I agree with what soneone else said. Even if he drops that ball and the team is 4-1. But how do you feel about it? Put Russ in I guess. Let him take sacks and throw the goddamn ball where he wants. It doesn't matter what Fields is. They won't let him play. The third string went in and threw the kind of pass they have to. Then Fields went in and the concepts worked. Then it stopped. There is some slack here. They have a ton of injuries. But that's football. In the end they play small ball and take 4 shots a game. They play two or more TEs with a back where you celebrate a 7 yard gain. I watched the Giants. Even they let Daniel Jones play. It's tragic that a once in 15-20 year player like Watt will be wasted by this stubborn fool.
So.........who is left standing?
Me

I can come here and post what I want and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it, but read it and like it boy. I have been posting here since the 1990s. If you don't like it, take your punk *** to another forum.
Yeah. I don't understand the.....stop coming this site angle. It is a damn forum for discussing the Steelers. The good and the bad.

Hopefully never.

Do we really have a winning culture?

Do we really have a winning culture?
If by winning culture you mean winning another Championship....NO
If by winning culture you mean being a SB caliber team...still no
If by winning culture you mean playoff success.....damn it, still no
If by winning culture you mean imposing our will and beating teams we should beat.....I got nothing
If by winning culture you mean not having a losing record...than we are #winning!

But Shades talks so well, it must be worth something. Oh,not worth any discipline? Shoot.

Here is my take: this stuff just does not matter that much. It doesn't. Grown men chasing a ball.

I watch for entertainment. If the team stinks, I pretty much don't care any more. I enjoy the good plays and wins, stop watching if I see another fecal pile in the making.

Look at it this way - does anybody affiliated with the Steelers sit at home and worry about us?

So I will continue to enjoy the non-losing seasons, and the occasional 1-game playoff appearance. Getting worked up over this stuff is like getting mad at the weather. Sure, you can do so if you want, but it doesn't change anything and just makes your day less enjoyable.

Here is my take: this stuff just does not matter that much. It doesn't. Grown men chasing a ball.

I watch for entertainment. If the team stinks, I pretty much don't care any more. I enjoy the good plays and wins, stop watching if I see another fecal pile in the making.

Look at it this way - does anybody affiliated with the Steelers sit at home and worry about us?

So I will continue to enjoy the non-losing seasons, and the occasional 1-game playoff appearance. Getting worked up over this stuff is like getting mad at the weather. Sure, you can do so if you want, but it doesn't change anything and just makes your day less enjoyable.
Agreed. But are we talking watch or don't watch. Or believe Shades can possibly get it done or not. I have slightly more tgen zero belief which us basically because he is the coach of the team.

Agreed. But are we talking watch or don't watch. Or believe Shades can possibly get it done or not. I have slightly more tgen zero belief which us basically because he is the coach of the team.
I will watch. I will cheer, The wins do not make me as happy as they used to, and the losses do not depress me anymore. you can say it is Tomlin or mediocrity or what ever.
But maybe it is just that it is a game and nothing else.

For those that are "fans" and cannot enjoy any part of a close game, that is kind of weird to me. if you go back and read the game thread this past Sunday night, "Fans" literally started complaining right after blocking a field goal, getting a pic. etc.

I will watch. I will cheer, The wins do not make me as happy as they used to, and the losses do not depress me anymore. you can say it is Tomlin or mediocrity or what ever.
But maybe it is just that it is a game and nothing else.

For those that are "fans" and cannot enjoy any part of a close game, that is kind of weird to me. if you go back and read the game thread this past Sunday night, "Fans" literally started complaining right after blocking a field goal, getting a pic. etc.
It would be different for me. I call it the punchers chance. Like they didn't always play great with Ben but for most years they looked like they had a punchers chance. Now not only do they not have Ben but they play s style that would never give you a punchers chance in playoffs. Not a f'n chance.

You enjoy the game? You are a young pup. Come back here in 20 years when the world **** in your cheerios a few dozen times and re-read your posts.
Go wipe your vagina. You and the other dude. Always btiching and whining. Tomlin Tomlin Tomlin. The FO made solid moves in off-season, the coaches are good enough, the roster is not bad and the players mostly execute. If you don't like it, go root for Baltimore. Not one person in the world cares about your echo chamber opinions.

And sorry that your life is ******. Life's a B

Go wipe your vagina. You and the other dude. Always btiching and whining. Tomlin Tomlin Tomlin. The FO made solid moves in off-season, the coaches are good enough, the roster is not bad and the players mostly execute. If you don't like it, go root for Baltimore. Not one person in the world cares about your echo chamber opinions.

And sorry that your life is ******. Life's a B
And yet you commented on them...obviously you cared a great deal. Thank you.

The Steelers are mid-level team and have been so for over a decade. They're just good enough to stay .500 or slightly above. They haven't moved forward or backward. They do just enough when they need to.

They can't compete with the good/great teams when it comes to the playoffs. They get outplayed and outcoached every single time.

They refuse to adapt or change anything. The preparation looks absolutely lousy. I can't remember the last time they looked like a well oiled machine on both sides of the ball. I swear sometimes they come out looking like they've never practiced or played football before.

The defense getting picked apart by scrub quarterbacks is pretty routine and a long time ongoing thing.

I could go on all day about the same flaws I've seen over and over and over and over and over again, year after year, after year.

The most promising things I've seen is the investment in the OL and getting back to playing power football again. That's going to take some time, but you have to do at least one thing on offense really well to open up the other.

I'd figure a dominant running game is the best track to having a respectable passing attack again.

To compound that problem they don't even have a No.1 receiver, let alone a No.2.
I doubt Pickens makes it this whole season. You can't win championships with half *** pouting diva players anyway.

I just don't see it the team reaching the highest level again with this coaching staff. They need a lot of changes.

I want to be wrong, I really do and I'll be the first to admit it gladly.

EXCELLENT post Steelr4evr, thanks for all your great ones along the way, appreciate you.

You hit the nail on so many heads here, it's hard to contribute more.

Another thing that sticks out is how the HC seems to always be re-acting and not PRO-acting. That is caused be lackadaisical approach with to many friends being looked out for.

I hope that when the time comes that both Kahn and Wiedl get to have a little pull / interview of the new HC. Wiedl has been very productive, and you can see his fingerprint already. Not taking anything away from Kahn, just for the record.

Coach Tomlin has been supplied with some very good talent, but only to see reactionary usage. Broderick Jones is a great example, having to keep Pickens on the field becaquse we have NO one else is another example. Wasting Ben's last year by not giving him anything for an OL, hell many seasons that has happened. Sorry to on and on.

Salute the nation