• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why did the mods ban Steel Vanguard?

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
I read his posts last night and didn't see anything that was a bannable offense. Maybe I missed something. As a paying contributor to the site, I'd like to know what policy was enforced in banning another member here. I believe we should be able to tolerate opposing viewpoints and have open, rigorous discussions on this board. In my opinion, that's what makes SN - and America - great. It would be nice to keep it that way. Thanks

As stated in another thread, I am curious myself. The guy is kind of a smug know it all jackass, but if that is the threshold for banning, most of us wouldn't be here either. If he did something nefarious, I missed it.

Looks like his last post he went a bit far against all Trump supporters. Not sure it rose to the level of banning. None of us should paint with too broad a stroke though. Elfie was due for one did not think SVG was. I actually agreed with him on some purely football discussion.

Waiting for one of the mods to reply. Surely there's an explanation that will provide some clarity.

tumblr_mzv32zIR3H1t3hbhyo1_500.gif

Waiting for one of the mods to reply. Surely there's an explanation that will provide some clarity.

So now the mods aren’t acting quickly enough for you? What a pompous ***. Maybe it’s none of your ******* business why that ******* was banned, dickwad.

I read back through some of his posts. Nothing there. Certainly nothing that rises to elfie level. I am curious to hear why. Should be interesting.

So now the mods aren’t acting quickly enough for you? What a pompous ***. Maybe it’s none of your ******* business why that ******* was banned, dickwad.

I think the real question is why are you still here? Why are you allowed to constantly attack other posters with unprovoked slanders and slurs? So I guess that makes two questions for the mods. Take your time gents, no hurry.

Because I’m a swell guy! And, this forum is “lightly” moderated.
So that gives you a license to constantly attack, insult and slander others. Got it.

I don't think the mods owe anyone an explanation.

I don't think the mods owe anyone an explanation.
I think they do, without a question. Was Steel Vanguard banned due to his political views or his aggressive posting style? Or was it for something more egregious that truly crossed the line? Some of you may be okay with censorship and the limiting of opposing views and opinions but I'm not.

The only reason I feel someone should be banned is for physical threats. Not like anyone can find each other but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Had some decent discussions with SVG over the weekend.
If he's allowed back then it shall be

I just assumed that SV was Elfie on another account of his.....considering Steel Vanguard didn't show up until Elfie got banned last week. Come to think of it, he did seem a little more sensible than Elfie....but I just figured he was trying harder under that alias.

While I disagree with much of what SV says, he's got about 75 IQ points over Elfie. He can at least make a cogent argument. I don't think they could be the same person.

While I disagree with much of what SV says, he's got about 75 IQ points over Elfie. He can at least make a cogent argument. I don't think they could be the same person.

I kind of assumed that was his more moderate alias and Elfie is the loony alias. I may be way off base, but it's what my first assumption was. Nobody can convince me that Elfie is not 75% a put on. Nobody can be that idiotic.

While I disagree with much of what SV says, he's got about 75 IQ points over Elfie. He can at least make a cogent argument. I don't think they could be the same person.[/QUOT

Well unless it's an IP address that changes it would be an easy connection to make if he didn't go through a proxy server. Trolls do that on Facebook.

So what was the final straw with ElFiero?

He decided to get into a dick measuring contest with supe. A couple racist insults later........

The irony that arises is how does someone who claims to run 2 companies and is a frequent business traveler find so much time to spend on a message board?