• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why Men Get Paid More Than Women for World Cup

Same analysis is true for players on the national level, though. The difference in skill level is so acute that equal pay would be bizarre.

The "not equal pay" riff is a lie. Women who have similar careers where gender simply does not matter - medicine, law, academics, journalism, etc. - earn as much as their male counterparts, considering length of employment, time off for child care, etc.

Single women without children earn more in their 20's than do males, because women are now much more likely to earn a college degree because of ... sexism or something. Men out-earn women, by a fairly small amount generally around 1% to 5%, in their 30's and 40's because professional women have children at that age, spend less time at work.

I disagree with the idea the women are less skilled or talented, the only reason they don't play with the men is the same reason men identifying as women should not be competing against women. They are physically different. Skill can't completely make up for simply being bigger stronger and faster. But that is a far cry from saying the skill itself is lacking. I hate to see skill and physical ability intermingled like that. I have known many great physical athletes who had little to no skill and many great technical athletes who had little to no real athletic ability but were skilled and smart about there sport and competed that way.

For me the pay issue still comes down to one simple thing regardless of National or professional. The more you bring in the more you get paid.

I disagree with the idea the women are less skilled or talented, the only reason they don't play with the men is the same reason men identifying as women should not be competing against women. They are physically different. Skill can't completely make up for simply being bigger stronger and faster. But that is a far cry from saying the skill itself is lacking. I hate to see skill and physical ability intermingled like that. I have known many great physical athletes who had little to no skill and many great technical athletes who had little to no real athletic ability but were skilled and smart about there sport and competed that way.

For me the pay issue still comes down to one simple thing regardless of National or professional. The more you bring in the more you get paid.

You forgot - #dropsthemike

Physical tools are a huuuuuuuuuuuuge part of sports skill. Look, I can work on technique 'til the cows come home, but I am not making a piece of granite into a diamond, and I'm not making a 150 lb. woman into a linebacker or a starting pitcher.

Physical tools are a huuuuuuuuuuuuge part of sports skill. Look, I can work on technique 'til the cows come home, but I am not making a piece of granite into a diamond, and I'm not making a 150 lb. woman into a linebacker or a starting pitcher.

Still disagree. You can be very skilled but not strong or fast. You can be strong or fast but not skilled. Skill to me is what you teach yourself and work to master. Physical tools are what genetics has blessed you with.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Women who Hate USA! Women who Hate USA!

Women win again

On to the qtr finals against France on Fri

I do wish sports bras were banned, make it more of a spectator sport

There ya go...

As a side note, I like women's professional basketball. They tend to work together better than men and utilize the strengths of the entire team rather than depend upon a singular star to carry the team.

As a side note, I like women's professional basketball. They tend to work together better than men and utilize the strengths of the entire team rather than depend upon a singular star to carry the team.

But it’s just brick after brick after brick...I can’t watch it. I went to an Indiana Fever game once and had more fun watching the dy...er a the lesbians in the stands. Not quite as good as when I took my first ex-wife to a Melissa Etheridge concert back in the day. Great lesbo action in the stands. I’d say it was a 3:1ratio of Lipstick to Bulldyke. And they got it on, Whoooo!

Well, I think they have to. They just don't have the players that can cross somebody over, cut into the lane and slam dunk it. Slam dunks, as over done as they are in the NBA, are more fun to watch than a bunch of layups and 20 foot bricks.

Yes I know a few have dunked. It is the exception, not the norm.

Gross
meganrapinoe-cropped_1rbuvkqd57vcr151l0i2pkupzf.jpg

Still disagree. You can be very skilled but not strong or fast. You can be strong or fast but not skilled. Skill to me is what you teach yourself and work to master. Physical tools are what genetics has blessed you with.

Okay, to be clear here - no professional athlete, male or female, is a paid for playing a sport solely due to either physical attributes or practice. The must have both. The tallest guy in the room is not an NBA player if he does not eat right, exercise, work on blocking out, work on rebounding, work on footwork, and switching on defense, and running the floor, and work on shooting, etc. He needs BOTH the physical skills and the work ethic.

Same is true for any sport. Guy can bench 450 lbs., but does not like to work and work damn hard? Not going to be an NFL player. Guy can hit the **** out of a fastball, but does not study pitchers and work on hitting offspeed? Buh-bye after A-ball.

So when you simply differentiate physical tools from skills, you are cheating. The physical tools are present, or the person is not a professional athlete. Those tools must then be matched with work ethic to be paid to play a game.

What do want to talk about?

And why are we involving family members in apparent insults here?

Or if I have this totally wrong, apologies in advance.

That's why I asked... I thought it was strange he wanted to talk about indy's daughter. So I thought....wtf ? What would you like to talk about? I suppose I should have asked Why did he want us talking about his daughter.

Yes, you have it wrong - the story dates back to Indy's Caribbean adventures - he ate sea sperm. I always give him a hard time about it. We're cool like that!

And the girl is open season now that she's not Indy's daughter!!!