• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

WW lll

We have no need for Russian oil… open up the pipelines here… quit forcing all the electrical base for the grid into natural gas… oil prices are controlled… when we flood the market a little bit it crashes the price.. its not hard

Putin knows that we are unwilling to risk our people getting nuked. He, on the other hand, couldn't care less if his people are nuked. So, he wins.
This is ridiculous. Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev all knew mutually assured destruction goes far beyond their nations. It’s literally destroying the world.

And it got very tense during Cuban Missile Crisis. A Soviet submarine had 2 of the 3 officers necessary to launch off the coast of US, but one officer refused to authorize the firing when the communication was uncertain.

The day before the US was about to attack Cuba is when the agreement to to back off from Checkpoint Charlie and the US removed missiles from Turkey & Soviets removed from Cuba. We were at DEFCON 2–DEFCON 1 is literally nuclear war.

Ukraine is no innocent Government that hasn’t made tactical errors themselves.

Taiwan—that’s a different story. The war in China that ultimately made them Communist saw republic retreat to Taiwan and it’s been recognized as a sovereign nation since the 1940s and is a top 20 GDP in the world.

Biden would be a pathetic joke to respond to that invasion and even more of embarrassment to the world.

Of course Whoopi Goldberg would simply say it would happen under Trump easier. How pathetic can you get?

I have a frat brother that is really high up the chain in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I would love to talk to him right now and know how he feels about this situation.

It sounds like they aren't going to get the planes that the US and Poles have been talking about getting to them. WTF? That convoy should be the world's longest BBQ pit at this point.

This is ridiculous. Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev all knew mutually assured destruction goes far beyond their nations. It’s literally destroying the world.
It's not ridiculous. Much has changed since those days. If you think Putin cares about the live of his people, you really misunderstand the man. He wants th restore the historical empire of the USSR, and you can be that he has been advised of the costs in human lives and materiel. He is starting anyway.

It's not ridiculous. Much has changed since those days. If you think Putin cares about the live of his people, you really misunderstand the man. He wants th restore the historical empire of the USSR, and you can be that he has been advised of the costs in human lives and materiel. He is starting anyway.

The point he's making is Putin isn't going to kill himself by anything nuclear. You won't have anything or anyone left to have an empire. Everyone is dead or praying for it and the earth is poisoned.

Regardless of any tough talk by any country, the use of that weapon also guarantees your demise. That's been known for a very long time.

You will have zero chance of self preservation in nuclear war.

The point he's making is Putin isn't going to kill himself by anything nuclear. You won't have anything or anyone left to have an empire.

And then you have to factor in China. I think they'll have something to say about obliterating the territory not very far away from Mother Russia.

I have a frat brother that is really high up the chain in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I would love to talk to him right now and know how he feels about this situation.

It sounds like they aren't going to get the planes that the US and Poles have been talking about getting to them. WTF? That convoy should be the world's longest BBQ pit at this point.

You have a way of contacting him? See what's going on and report back, k thanks.

There have to be reasons. Mr. potatoe head wants to hide his son's income stream has to be one. There are others, you can bet.
Do you honestly believe that we would stand by and allow what is becoming tantamount to genocide to occur to protect Hunter Biden? Man, I thought I was cynical.

Do you honestly believe that we would stand by and allow what is becoming tantamount to genocide to occur to protect Hunter Biden? Man, I thought I was cynical.
The short answer is "yes".

The real answer is the this morally objectionable situation is far from a genocide at this point. In fact, there will probably be a lower amount of civilian casualties than many wars. These things happen, and are little more than statistics to many leaders. Add to this that the civilians are armed, and much of the army. The lines of "combatant and non-combatant" are very blurred.

I have zero problem with the idea that some world leaders will go to extreme measures to hide their sins. I think Hillary is a shining example of that, and I would bet that Old Joe is much the same. It seems crazy to think that he caused the war for this reason, but not that he is glad to use it to hide his sins.

for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We cut off their American cash, cut off their credit cards... so ...

Russian banks could switch to using China's card payment system, UnionPay, after MasterCard and Visa suspended operations in Russia, according to media reports.

Russia's largest bank Sberbank announced it was looking at issuing cards using the UnionPay system in conjunction with Russia's domestic Mir payments system, Bloomberg reported. Alfa Bank is already pushing ahead with plans to issue cards using UnionPay, while the newswire cited Tinkoff Bank as saying that it would issue cards with UnionPay as soon as possible.

The three banks did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Visa, Mastercard, and American Express announced on March 5 and 6 that they would suspend operations in Russia as a result of Moscow's decision to invade Ukraine. All three previously said that they had blocked certain Russian banks in an effort to comply with Western sanctions against the country.

It aint about playing white knight. in case you have not noticed we are already in this war and it's being waged on American;s and on American soil by our own government.

we could drop the price of oil here at home AND get Europe away from Russian oil, start cutting into the national debt and also lower the prices at the stores., But NOOO this chickenshit **** sucking administration that pretends to be working for the American people wont allow that because they are making to much money off not producing oil here.

We are already financing both sides of this ******* war and have hundreds of Americans still in Ukraine that the guy pretending to be president said **** em they are on their own. Is this the country we are or better yet is it the country you want.

I'm sorry but I don't give a **** what country it is; when another country targets civilians, women and children, the whole ******* world needs to get involved with boots on the ground. look at the outrage over what Saddam Hussein did to his own people now we have a mad man targeting people trying to flee the country he attacked being shot dead. Children... ******* Children being murdered.

If we don't man up and put a stop to this **** it will only be a matter of time before someone makes us the next Ukraine.

And you ******* A right i'm beating the war drum because every time we get a punk *** ***** liberal in office we turn into the laughing stock of the world and end up bowing to other counties literally.
Yeah No.

We cannot step in every time there is a war in some far flung corner of the world where we have no interest. To do so is a recipe for national collapse.

Yeah No.

We cannot step in every time there is a war in some far flung corner of the world where we have no interest. To do so is a recipe for national collapse.
We already ignore all the wars and genocides that don’t have a political agenda tied to them…

I think there are definitely times for us to get involved on the national scene, i just prefer a clear cut good guy bad guy scenario to be more defined.

Im not sure how different this is to us in our last umpteen invasions of foreign countries… i say stay the **** out. If you want to defend something go preemptively send forces to Taiwan, where there is clearly a good bad divide and a real communist oppressor. Plus the actual economic impact of taiwan is many times greater than the ukraine…

At least id understand the concept behind throwing us lives away there… the current boondoggle with russia would just be a pissing match for the sake of the further globalization agenda…

Yeah No.

I'm not a betting man, but I would make a healthy wager that national collapse is coming regardless, sooner rather than later. Might as well go out with a bang.

What if Hunter Biden is just the lead crackhead who got undressed on this situation? There are undoubtedly many more, including Americans, Europeans, etc.

Dude. No.

Seriously. Do you think Stalin was a humanitarian who cared about the lives of his people?

He had a man killed for being the first to sit down after a 10+ minute standing ovation. He literally was in charge because Lenin designated him with a lowly secretary position in the Communist government—and didn’t like him—but it backfired when in that position Stalin was able to place people in positions of power at the right time and…. All of his opposition “disappeared”….

Lucky break, wouldn’t you say?

Stalin died because he imprisoned Doctors close to him & the few who could potentially save his life were afraid to.

I’m curious—do you even know what a Gulag is? Why the Berlin Wall was built?

Putin may not care about his people as you say, but he knows how to rally them cuz he’s trying to rebuild the USSR. It’s so obvious that only an idiot like Barack Obama would publicly say Russia isn’t a threat—which he did in 2012.

And MAD — Mutually Assured Destruction means his death and the death of the f’n planet. I don’t care how much you think he hates his people, he needs them and is not interested in nuclear war.

That’s the same imbecile thinking that people said about Trump “pushing the button” in 2016. No one person, no leader anywhere wants that.

The only reason the two big ones were dropped in WWII was because we were the only ones who had them. Never forget that.

You have a way of contacting him? See what's going on and report back, k thanks.
Not since I deleted my Facebook account a couple of years ago. I haven't really spoken to him or his wife since shortly after Trump got elected and Washington was melting down. He was stationed at the Pentagon then. It would be great to have his insight into what's going on, but I'm sure he probably wouldn't be able to talk about much, and I wouldn't even really want to ask.

Dude. No.

Seriously. Do you think Stalin was a humanitarian who cared about the lives of his people?

He had a man killed for being the first to sit down after a 10+ minute standing ovation. He literally was in charge because Lenin designated him with a lowly secretary position in the Communist government—and didn’t like him—but it backfired when in that position Stalin was able to place people in positions of power at the right time and…. All of his opposition “disappeared”….

Lucky break, wouldn’t you say?

Stalin died because he imprisoned Doctors close to him & the few who could potentially save his life were afraid to.

I’m curious—do you even know what a Gulag is? Why the Berlin Wall was built?

Putin may not care about his people as you say, but he knows how to rally them cuz he’s trying to rebuild the USSR. It’s so obvious that only an idiot like Barack Obama would publicly say Russia isn’t a threat—which he did in 2012.

And MAD — Mutually Assured Destruction means his death and the death of the f’n planet. I don’t care how much you think he hates his people, he needs them and is not interested in nuclear war.

That’s the same imbecile thinking that people said about Trump “pushing the button” in 2016. No one person, no leader anywhere wants that.

The only reason the two big ones were dropped in WWII was because we were the only ones who had them. Never forget that.
You just miss the point, and I"m done with it.

for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We cut off their American cash, cut off their credit cards... so ...

Eh, the Ruple to dollar is $1 = .00077 Ruples

It wasn’t great before that, but geez that’s zero economic impact

You just miss the point, and I"m done with it.
I get the point. He’s evil. They are ******.

Dictators are the same now as 100 years ago to 10,000 years ago

To suggest he’s gonna go around nuking **** cuz times have changed is ludicrous.

I get the point. He’s evil. They are ******.

Dictators are the same now as 100 years ago to 10,000 years ago

To suggest he’s gonna go around nuking **** cuz times have changed is ludicrous.
Cool

I'm not a betting man, but I would make a healthy wager that national collapse is coming regardless, sooner rather than later. Might as well go out with a bang.

I'm not going to dispute you there. I merely hope to conserve something to build back up with.

Do you think we are currently at war now with Russia?

Do you think we are currently at war now with Russia?
Even in times of peace, there has been an economic war with both Russia and China for many, many decades.

The US lost the economic war with Britain in the 1930s, as they devalued their Pound to compete with the US and drove the Great Depression deeper. That cost Britain greatly as the US simply supplied arms to both sides of WWII until Pearl Harbor.

Economic policies, over time, mimic the effects of war.