• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2014 Pirates thread

I would be really hesitant to trade Pedro unless some team offered up a crazy deal. I can not see this happening unless an AL team is really desperate for a DH. If we trade pedro we will be lacking power at both corners. Before trading Pedro I think I would try him at first and put Harrison at 3rd. Something needs to be done though because his throwing is laughable

That game tonight was a fantastic rollercoaster ride with a great result. Cutch is an amazing player. He's proving that last year's MVP honors was no fluke.

Yeah major props to Cutch last night, Mr. Reds killer of the last few seasons

51bfdd28e4e0c.image.jpg
So is his pitch recognition.

Give me a .280 hitter over Pedro any day of the week. If we could get much for him I would hope the Bucs would pull the trigger.

We need to trade for Madison Bumgarner. .275 average and 3 HR...2 of which are grand slams. He can play first base on the days he doesn't pitch.

Solid start to the second half....

Followed last years recipe tonite..

Raise the Jolly Rodger!

51bfdd28e4e0c.image.jpg

Give me a .280 hitter over Pedro any day of the week. If we could get much for him I would hope the Bucs would pull the trigger.

I said the same thing with Ramirez and Bautista and it didn't work out so well for us. I even said that with Ortiz when the Twins had him. I have learned it is better to be patient with talent when they are this young

another sweep and within 1.5 of Brewers and 1 ahead of the Reds. Now if the Cardinals can cooperate we can be within 1.5 of first

Woohooo thank you Dodgers! now just 1.5 back of the division lead!

Alvarez still sucks.

He will have a two week hot streak here and there where he can carry the team... The announcers mention it and are hoping for it at least once a game... and if he hits a home run or gets a hit or two, they start mentioning that they hope this is what starts his hot streak.

trade Alvarez and Liriano to Tampa for Price

Alvarez still sucks.

I am telling you give him 2 years and we will kick our *** if we don't have him locked up on the roster. I mean look at what Ryan Howard or Granderson are doing and what they make. What I would like to do is instead of going to arbitration sign him to a three year 24 million dollar deal and hope he exceeds his contract. If he keeps batting .240 with 25+ HR's we can still trade him in a year or two and get the same if not more than we can now. If he turns the corner we are paying a .275 and 40 HR guy half of what he can make on the open market. I think the reward is worth the risk.

I wonder what it would take to get Morneau back? Gaby would look great in purple. . .

I'm for this . Give the Rockies a decent prospect and few other young players and they would be stupid not to make the deal. While he is playing well, Morneau is no spring chicken and they are pretty much in total rebuild mode. Work out for both sides.

Volquez wasn't sharp at all. all the bounces went the Dodgers way. they were constantly hitting the ball where the Pirates weren't and the Pirates got good wood on the ball but were hitting them right at the Dodgers all night.

I try not to get excited, but I have high hopes for Polanco. Bases loaded 2 outs tied game started with a 1-2 count. Worked the count to 3-2 and ended up lining a pitch into the outfield.