• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2014 Pirates thread

Jay Hay tearing it up in RF. he keeps this up Polanco can take his time

Another quality win and Josh Harrison still tearing it up. a pretty good duel between Cole and Strassburg

Every time you want to throw Harrison on the scrap pile he goes on a tare. If he can keep this up I'll be quite happy. In my eyes he was the odd man out going into the season but some how he stuck and here he is again.

if J Hey! keeps it up, Marte's partay might find his *** on the bench June 3rd.

Nice Win yesterday. so good in fact that Valverde got released 10 minutes after the game.

Taking 3 of 4 from the Dodgers and not a peep?

Seems a lot of enthusiasm has died down for the pirates. They are 8 down in the division still but only 3 back for a WC spot. They are slowly crawling back to 500, but their starting pitching still worries me. Cole and Morton have probably been the best, but the other ones have been all over the map. Hopefully they can get on a nice tear and make a run after the all star break.

It was the first trip to the west coast that got them rolling last year, and it seems to be happening again.

10-3 Whooping of the Padres. 4+ hour 9 inning game.

Seems every time we call out a player - he responds (Harrison, Morton, and now Mercer) ... Now let's get a win streak rolling!

J-Hey! is making the wait for Polanco much easier.

It is slightly annoying not being able to see Pirates highlights on Sportscenter... I was watching this morning as they had MIL, STL, and CIN highlights back to back to back... no Pirates highlights... they even mentioned that Cincy was on fire and would pass STL for second very soon... THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE PIRATES ARE IN THIRD AND PERCENTAGE POINTS AHEAD OF CINCY... oh yeah... They have won 10 of 14 while the red hot Reds have won 8 of their last 14....

I need to see more consistency from Liriano and Volquez in the rotation before I'll elevate my optimism about their post season prospects

The hitting has been decent recently and the fielding has improved after a circus of errors earlier in the season.

They have my attention again, at least.

Win today and hit the Lottery tonight and it's a whole new life. I got just as much chance.

After posting that, I was afraid someone would think I was drunk at 11:40 am.

Reports are saying G. Polanco will be up Friday......

Reports are saying G. Polanco will be up Friday......

And other reports say he won't be...

I hope that the reports that are saying that he will be are the correct ones.

ESPN reporting he was called up today ... however, Pirates home page reporting he will not be called up this week. What a circus. Can he play 1b? :cool:

Acquiring another starting pitcher appear more important than Polanco being up.

nice to see them get a TD and kick the XP in one inning vs. the Beermen....finally, a nice laffer to watch.