• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's go Pens!

Keep it up. Lol. Sid is back down to earth

This was a good game. Pens looked fast, organized and in sync. Flower with a solid game, and Sid appears to be all done pouting. The Pens may be turning a corner.

This was a good game. Pens looked fast, organized and in sync. Flower with a solid game, and Sid appears to be all done pouting. The Pens may be turning a corner.

Nearly every pass, tape to tape. Everyone where they needed and were supposed to be all the time and hustling....like they've all been re-born. Sid's cramps seem to be gone. Midol? Whatever, he's a demon again.
What a great addition in Daley, huh? Allows a Maatta / Letang pairing plus he leads a pretty dominant 2nd pair.
Letang means soooo much to this team. PP ten times better with him.
Cullen with the shorty.....VERY nicely done!
Fleury is Fleury.
Nice tone to set within the division.

Reactions: MTC
Nearly every pass, tape to tape. Everyone where they needed and were supposed to be all the time and hustling....like they've all been re-born. Sid's cramps seem to be gone. Midol? Whatever, he's a demon again.
What a great addition in Daley, huh? Allows a Maatta / Letang pairing plus he leads a pretty dominant 2nd pair.
Letang means soooo much to this team. PP ten times better with him.
Cullen with the shorty.....VERY nicely done!
Fleury is Fleury.
Nice tone to set within the division.

That addition of Daley really helped. The Pens need some solid/smart D play which is what Letang/Maatta/Daley bring. The puck movement in the offensive zone is looking better. Kessel and Sheary do a good job at setting up lanes for their scorers

And midol? Lol

The coaching switch was much needed... Johnston got scared and turtled when the team couldn't keep pace last year... refused to come out of the shell when they retooled with skill.... Scuds, I loved the dude, but he was a terribad fit for this team now.... Daley was a stud a few years back who ran into a backlog situation in Chicago after a down year defensively in dallas. He was redundant to the Hawks because of young depth and the cap space was more valuable to them. Duper also being gone sort of let them get lines straight without emotional entanglements, though Kunitz is still grossly overplayed. It took them a bit to get back in the swing of things, but I think they will be fine here on out... its a shame that Johnston wasted half a season and a year of ELC from Sprong

I was the Kennedy defender.....just liked the guy's energy, but yeah he was expendable.

Since he's gone I guess I am now the Kunitz defender.....5th most goals on team, 7th in assists, 2nd highest +- at +12 (Maatta+19) and 6th in the LEAGUE in hits (one of the few Penguins that does hit).

The coaching switch was much needed... Johnston got scared and turtled when the team couldn't keep pace last year... refused to come out of the shell when they retooled with skill.... Scuds, I loved the dude, but he was a terribad fit for this team now.... Daley was a stud a few years back who ran into a backlog situation in Chicago after a down year defensively in dallas. He was redundant to the Hawks because of young depth and the cap space was more valuable to them. Duper also being gone sort of let them get lines straight without emotional entanglements, though Kunitz is still grossly overplayed. It took them a bit to get back in the swing of things, but I think they will be fine here on out... its a shame that Johnston wasted half a season and a year of ELC from Sprong

Kunitz can still spark a score here or there. He's a smart player on the ice. And has always been Sids favorite winger. I think when Kunitz hangs them up, Sprong will take his place. Sprong and Sid looked good there for awhile. Plotnikov is coming into his own now too. I liked how he got into the Islanders head. If he can be a pest and throw the opposition off their game. The Pens have good puck movement and with Sid returning to form and better D play. This team still has a chance

Pens/Blackhawks Wed. Night Rivalry - should be fun - set your DVRs

Pens/Blackhawks Wed. Night Rivalry - should be fun - set your DVRs

Yep! Def watching that one on wed. Things look like they are turning for the better now

Hawks are putting on a clinic here in the 1st. Pens are running into each other, tripping over each other, and if not for Fleury, this is a 3 or 4 to 0 game already. 1-0 as it stands.

The Pens have no sticks. I have yet to see them control the puck for more than 20 seconds. Fundamentals would be nice.

got beat in the corners, no puck control, FIFTEEN shots with some zero shot PP's.

ooof.

It was a sloppy game all around tonight. Out shot by a wide margin. Perron has no discipline. Another thing I noticed is the Pens are letting the physical play turn them away from the puck. I like the effort but be smart about the puck

Perron is a guy you can point to as massively underacheiving...he hasn't done much this season.

Back to back losses to the Hawks - color me not surprised.

Fleury for MVP - by far the best player on this team

All correct as I saw it. Playing "scared" and skating in mud all night. Fleury kept it from being very, very embarrassing.

And just when I think Lovejoy might be sorta kinda working out..........

All correct as I saw it. Playing "scared" and skating in mud all night. Fleury kept it from being very, very embarrassing.

And just when I think Lovejoy might be sorta kinda working out..........

Lovejoy messed up big on that empty net. Eh it was a sloppy game all around on wednesday. I do like the physicality the Pens are starting to show. Hornqvist, Kunitz and Wilson are not afraid to rough it up

Sid forgot how to play

Sid missed a chip shot on the goalie. A pens win though

Status
Not open for further replies.