• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole or Lovejoy. Lovejoy gets beat to the net every damn time. Need a faster D man

And bigger. There was one goal against, Lovejoy was pushed back into Flower.

And bigger. There was one goal against, Lovejoy was pushed back into Flower.

That happens quite a bit actually. I've seen Lovejoy get pushed into the goalie on a few games. The guy does have hockey smarts. But he's limited in physical abilities at that

The Pens need one more D man. I think Lovejoy would be good at that bottom pairing. He's depth. Idk though. I think the Pens are finally waking up

Time to move on from Beau? Does he EVER play?

Pens' Bennett out for Tuesday game after aggravating injury

Beau Bennett won't play against the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night after aggravating an upper-body injury, coach Mike Sullivan said after practice Monday.

Bennett made his return to the lineup Saturday afternoon against Vancouver after missing the previous 17 games. In the second period, immediately after delivering a hit to Vancouver defenseman Luca Sbisa in the offensive zone, Bennett went to the locker room for medical attention. He returned to finish the game, but did not practice Morning morning.

Sullivan said Bennett was being evaluated Monday morning and more would be known about his condition during the all-star break, which begins after Tuesday's game.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/9851430-74/sullivan-bennett-game

When Bennett comes back he needs to cool out with the hitting. He's obviously not built for it. I admire his grit but he's much more valuable as a scorer. Let Kunitz handle the head hunting.

Bennett needs to drink his milk. The guy was a scoring threat before the injury. But Spike is right the guy is always hurt

Now THAT was a very good game! With the exception of the first 15 minutes the Pens dominated a pretty good team in the Devils. There was no one that had a bad night and the young'ns are stepping up nicely. The Rust, Fehr, Kuhnackl line is proving to be a very good combination. Cullen's Curse continues....he had a real nice game just couldn't hit his *** if he fell backwards.
Hagelin's turning into a nice add. Dude is fast!

Did I actually see an NHL ref call interference on a d man for leaving his lane to get in front of someone on a rush that did not have the puck? Had to rewind to make sure. Yeah, it was Maatta and he didn't go far out of his lane but I was thrilled to see that called. I have bitched repeatedly here about that not being called anymore. I hope it's a sign they're going to start calling it (and other interference stuff) again. Allowing that stuff to go on really stifles good skill guys' production.

Reactions: MTC
Hagelin is freaky fast. Damn. And Rod, the young guys are whats making this team. They are looking good. Rust has been a surprise

What did younz guys think about the All-Star game format this year? I kind of liked it. At least it was entertaining, unlike the NFL Pro bowl.

only all star game worth a damn is MLB all-star game. at least it has something at stake.

What did younz guys think about the All-Star game format this year? I kind of liked it. At least it was entertaining, unlike the NFL Pro bowl.

It was alright given that they actually played (with the exception of the Met guys giving no effort to the the game in the final 30 seconds). They should keep going with it, but I only watched off and on after the first game.

The NHL's format was pretty neat. I liked the tournament set up. It really added a competitive flare to something thats just for fun. I enjoyed it

The NHL's format was pretty neat. I liked the tournament set up. It really added a competitive flare to something thats just for fun. I enjoyed it

I enjoyed the competitive flair when Malkin stopped skating to allow Jagr to go in on the goalie uncontested for an easy goal. The Pens showed well over all, but there was no competition, really. I thought it was mostly boring, and stopped watching after the Met was eliminated.

Started watching, lost interest. Spent more time watching the skills competition.
I also had no interest in the John Scott story.Only in the NHL.

Wideman got a 20 game vacation. NHL Network defending his ***. What a goatfuck.

Its a mandatory 20 games for intentional contact with a ref.. None of the half dozen bs excuses hhe gave held any weight... He is lucky they just gave him the minimum

Figures. First time the Pens have been on TV here in a while and they get smoked by the Bolts.

Yeah, that was ugly last night. Fleury has been awful since the All Star Break. Doesn't get any easier with the Panthers up next. Gotta get it figured out.

Team came out solid and looked up that first period. Looked like they wanted to pitch a shut out and lost interest after Tampa's first goal. The WBS guys were looking solid for a good portion of the game. You can tell they were missing Malkin on the power play. I'll let injuries be the teams excuse for last nights game. They need a better showing against the Panthers. Gotta get some points over the weeknd

I think it is fair to say that whatever funk Crosby was in earlier this year is officially over. Dude is on a tear. I read somewhere that he is leading the league in scoring since Christmas and it isn't real close. That is good news for the Pens.

The Penguins might just be another Pittsburgh team that nobody wants to face in the playoffs!

Beauty win, eh? Gotta admit, I tuned it out with about 6 minutes left. I'm a bad fan. My bad....kinda wrote the weekend off with all the injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.