• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little nervous playing against Tampa. Is Bishop the goalie tonight?

Well the Pens traded half a season of David Perron and Adam Clandenning to Anaheim for Carl Hagelin... its clear that this team wants a lot more speed on it... I'm not sure if the second half they can climb out of the muck they are in, but they are going to be a far more entertaining team to watch...

soooo, the Pens traded a #1 pick for Hagelin? I'm not against getting Hagelin, but when do we stop playing poker with our line-up, draft picks and youth? It doesn't matter if we are fast. We are still small and have trouble scoring. Closing our eyes and throwing darts at the board to see if we hit a bullseye is not working.

Reactions: MTC
They got a smaller, softer, faster version of Perron. Neither guy can finish, so there is that.

They got a smaller, softer, faster version of Perron. Neither guy can finish, so there is that.

He is nothing like Perron... Perron is a natural RW, doesn't have any speed, can be gritty, but prefers to play a finesse game...he really does have great puck skills even if he was snakboitten here finishing... he still can dangle well. used to be very good defensively but sucked lately, cant really PK and is best suited for a top 2 line.....

Hagelin is Smaller, much faster natural LW... has no hands to speak of... he has Pacal dupuis's skills... he is a hacker and will score around 35 points per game...he isn't going to dance with the puck or make fancy passes... his shot is the "get it on net" variety, but he scores above 15 goals a year and could be a 20 goal scorer if the right situation presents itself. Best suited as a third liner, though his offensive production would be great for a second liner who sees no PP time, really great PK guy... probably instantly becomes our best in that role...

Overpaid... should be making 3 mill per, maybe 3.25... gets 4. Only 27 and tied up for 3 more years...

If Perron gets his head together he is twice the player Hagelin is, but he also is a UFA at the end of the year and he is certainly showing no signs he was coming out of that slump

Pens won 5-0. Not complaining. Hagelin can be that 20 goal scorer as stated. Sometimes thats all you need to win in hockey

Pens will have to get very lucky to make the playoffs

MTC?

Is that TMC spelled backwards?

nah - he didn't care about hockey

Reactions: MTC
As for the game against St. Louis

Defense is getting beat to the net. Lovejoy especially. Zatkoff had a bad night and anchored down the team. Again though. Still a bit of hockey. The positives. Hagelin is fast.

Rust, Sheary, Porter and Fehr show some grit. That line shuffle will be solid in a week. The Pens need one more Daley like D man

I hope they kick the Flyers ***

He was horrible. That first goal he gave up was idiotic. I like Murray as a back up

I think the Pens need to start developing young talent, and making them NHL ready. The only way to do that is to play them. I too want Murray as a backup. And I want to see Pouliot get minutes too.

I think the Pens need to start developing young talent, and making them NHL ready. The only way to do that is to play them. I too want Murray as a backup. And I want to see Pouliot get minutes too.

Isn't Pouliot assigned back to Pittsburgh? He needs to see a ton of playing time. Agreed that they do need to develop young talent

Looks like the Pens had a helluva 2nd period. I missed it :(

Isn't Pouliot assigned back to Pittsburgh? t
Yes he is. These past few games, he has been a healthy scratch. Letang has played, so he wasn't needed. I say bench Cole, and play Pouliot. He can't be worse.

I did, as well. About time they beat Philly at home. They have two more tough games this weekend.

Saturday is gonna be a good one. I was tired of those damn flyer fans calling Console Philly west. About damn time the Pens beat them. I want the Pens to win the next meeting 15-0 lol. I hate that team

Yes he is. These past few games, he has been a healthy scratch. Letang has played, so he wasn't needed. I say bench Cole, and play Pouliot. He can't be worse.

Cole or Lovejoy. Lovejoy gets beat to the net every damn time. Need a faster D man

Amazing 3rd period against Vancouver. Geno with the hat trick....oh, and that guy from Vancouver with the hat trick too. Congrats. Always an amazing feat to witness a hat trick or two in one game

Status
Not open for further replies.