• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he finally lost the team. Three straight seasons they made the playoffs, twice into the second round.

The only actual change was the coach and it's a different world. Says something...

Yeah. The Wild look rather "rejuvinated". Away from the Pens I will be rootin and hoping the best for you guys

Hi guys.
Any Pens fans nervous about missing the playoffs?
I thought you'd be further up in the conference standings.

I think they will be wild card. Gonna be a nail biting two months. The talent is there, but sometimes they seem to have melt downs. And what bugs me about these melt downs is its the veteran players. But I think overall Sullivan has done a good job and not only allowing chances for Crosby, but getting a lot out of his bottom lines

I will be nervous until their next parade.

My point was...the Pens are and have been loaded with talent.
They are currently fighting for a wildcard spot.
My thought was you guys had higher expectations than that and are nervous about missing the playoffs.

To that end...
Flyers missing the playoffs is expected and not a big shock
Pens missing the playoffs is a disappointment and a huge slap in the face

That's my perspective and all I meant.
But of course Pens fans are touchy as hell.

Ugly *** ******* game. 5-1!!! Bottom lines showing heart/grit. Top lines have been inconsitent as of late. Crosby got shut down. Which is given considering the guy faces 3 opposing players once he gets the puck. What did I say about melt downs? Letang and Maata looked bad tonight. Rebound next game guys

My thought was you guys had higher expectations than that and are nervous about missing the playoffs.

To that end...

Its that time of the year to be touchy. Gotta reel off a win streak. I like Cullen, but this team needs Malkin back soon

I will be nervous until their next parade.

I hear ya! I want two parades at that. A parade one year and a parade the following. Win three ******* cups Penguins. Fock that Boston game blew more balls than a hooker on a saturday night

Pens have issues scoring. They desperately need a top 6 lw and a top 4 defenseman. Zatkoff needs dumped. This may be a year to just sell at the deadline and dump contracts of older guys like kunitz

IF they make the playoffs, they're not going far. They just can't score. I listen to wdve some mornings and they act like Pens get in playoffs no problem. I think they'll be lucky to make it.

To that end...

Dude.....I got it. And I agree....Which is why I said I'm in a constant set of nervousness with this team. Unlaxalate.......

Ugly *** ******* game. 5-1!!! Bottom lines showing heart/grit. Top lines have been inconsitent as of late. Crosby got shut down. Which is given considering the guy faces 3 opposing players once he gets the puck. What did I say about melt downs? Letang and Maata looked bad tonight. Rebound next game guys

Actually I thought the Pens played well enough to win. At least up til the 3-1 point....BS penalty shot put them in a hole they never got out of....penalty, yeah I guess, PS? No way.

But the youngn's were giving the B's 3 and 4 lines fits. Fleury proved once again why he should b chained to the crease and was less than spectacular in goal. Top lines need to be MUCH better as do the top D pairings.

Pens have issues scoring. They desperately need a top 6 lw and a top 4 defenseman. Zatkoff needs dumped. This may be a year to just sell at the deadline and dump contracts of older guys like kunitz

I don't know......I felt that way prior but maybe Sully's system needs to be given time.....and I'm loving CK's resurgence this year.

MAF and the D-men were terrible....they can't beat Rask or Lutefisk

forget this one and move on.

They need Malkin, Bonino and Fehr back in the lineup on a permanent basis if they are going to make a serious run. And even then I'm not sure if they'll have enough firepower. Trade deadline should be interesting.

They need Malkin, Bonino and Fehr back in the lineup on a permanent basis if they are going to make a serious run. And even then I'm not sure if they'll have enough firepower. Trade deadline should be interesting.

Malkin and Fehr. I don't think Bonino needs to be rushed back. I honestly want Rust, Kunhackle, Wilson, Sheary, Porter, Sundvqist to stay onto Pittsburgh. Those baby Pens are something to watch. Sheary, Wilson and Rust have been my faves thus far. So leave Bonino behind. What needs to be addressed is the top D pairings. I love Maata and Letang but they had a bad game. Combined with bad puck movement and no winger help for Crosby. It turned into an ugly game. The Pens played well actually even though the score doesn't indicate it. Fehrs presence on the PK along with Malkins presence in general should give these guys a much needed push

Dude.....I got it. And I agree....Which is why I said I'm in a constant set of nervousness with this team. Unlaxalate.......

Actually I thought the Pens played well enough to win. At least up til the 3-1 point....BS penalty shot put them in a hole they never got out of....penalty, yeah I guess, PS? No way.

But the youngn's were giving the B's 3 and 4 lines fits. Fleury proved once again why he should b chained to the crease and was less than spectacular in goal. Top lines need to be MUCH better as do the top D pairings.

I don't know......I felt that way prior but maybe Sully's system needs to be given time.....and I'm loving CK's resurgence this year.

Kunitz isn't playing good but not bad either. Some of the veteran guys have been making some mental mistakes of late. Letang has been bad at passing and turning over pucks in the offensive zone. Maata had a bad pass which resulted in a Boston goal. Kunitz has had a habit of mishandling a puck on PP's. These are mistakes easily corrected. Yet they continue to have a melt down game at a crucial time. I think these guys will get into the play offs but it will be because of the teams bottom 6

Michael Neuvirth made some incredible saves last night.

neauvy-recovery.gif

Annnnd this one...good gawd!

Neuvy-1.gif

Flyers get the big W

Reactions: MTC
Michael Neuvirth made some incredible saves last night.

neauvy-recovery.gif

Annnnd this one...good gawd!

Neuvy-1.gif

Flyers get the big W

Going to have to agree with this. He was on fire. Watched the entire game, thought the Flyers could have blown the doors open in the first period. Still the Wild kept fighting back..

I did not know this..........

Philadelphia’s path to the NHL started in Pittsburgh.

In 1967 the Flyers and Penguins were added to the NHL’s “Original six” teams making up the “next six” as part of an expansion phase. But their time in the NHL dates back further than that.

Pittsburgh joined the NHL in 1925 as the seventh team. They were aptly called the Pittsburgh Pirates, a nickname they shared with the baseball team also based in Pittsburgh.

They wore Black and Gold. Colours they adopted from the “flag of Pittsburgh”.

The team operated for five years without much success on the ice and off suffering from low attendance and large debts they eventually sold the team in 1928 to ex-boxer Benny Leonard. Leonard changed their familiar Black & Gold to a new colour scheme of Black & Orange. They operated only one more season before they were promptly relocated to Philadelphia re-emerging under their new nickname the Philadelphia Quakers.

The Quakers only played one season before they too folded.

Both cities returned to the NHL in 1967

http://thehockeywriters.com/how-the-pittsburgh-pirates-became-the-philadelphia-flyers/

Status
Not open for further replies.