• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you think Scuds was my boy. I really like the way this team is playing right now. It has found it's identity. ..thanks to Sully. He and Rutherford seem to be on the same page.

Scuds was a smart player. Just too slow. The one think I like with Sullivan is his system creates scoring chances for the Pens players. Crosby, Hagelin and Rust all get opportunities to light up the boards. If Rust can control his shot, cause he has a nasty slap shot. Ooooh it's gonna be fun to watch him. Oh and the speed/forechecking this team has found under Sullivan

the Pens outworked them and didn't fall for the thuggery bit.

Phuck the Phlyers.

phorever.

TEAM speed Pens win 5th in a row! move to 3rd place in division

With Hagelin and Rust, Shrek not missed at all.

For all of Shrek's strengths, the bad passes and lazy *** penalties are hard to overcome sometimes. Plus, it's usually a team like the Flyers that get to him mentally.

So far, it's a been a great weekend for the Pens. They passed the Islanders and the Isles are currently losing tonight. Rangers lost. A win tomorrow will tie them up with the Rags. Hope the Pens can stay hot.

Reactions: MTC

Phuck the Phlyers.

phorever.

As long as the Pens can stay level headed. Everything else is in place

Kessel was never svelte.

too much Primanti's?

Yeah....he's a big body....but when he decides to use that it can be impressive, like when he stole that puck that led to Hagelin's goal.

That was one of the more impressive Pens wins in Philly that I have seen in a longgg time!

****. It's one of the ONLY Pens wins in Philly that I have seen in a longgg time.......flyers are 95-34-8 there vs Pens. Didn't help that we allowed them to live at Consol for awhile rent free. That **** stops NOW!

Phuck the Phlyers.

phorever.

There it s. This team is 10x more disciplined than they've been in years.........I hope.

Scuds was a smart player. Just too slow. The one think I like with Sullivan is his system creates scoring chances for the Pens players. Crosby, Hagelin and Rust all get opportunities to light up the boards. If Rust can control his shot, cause he has a nasty slap shot. Ooooh it's gonna be fun to watch him. Oh and the speed/forechecking this team has found under Sullivan

Been pimpin' Rust since he came up........think he's gonna be pretty good.

For all of Shrek's strengths, the bad passes and lazy *** penalties are hard to overcome sometimes. Plus, it's usually a team like the Flyers that get to him mentally.

So far, it's a been a great weekend for the Pens. They passed the Islanders and the Isles are currently losing tonight. Rangers lost. A win tomorrow will tie them up with the Rags. Hope the Pens can stay hot.

Bingo.....I have a love /hate thing with Geno....and he does that **** at some of the worst times.

As long as the Pens can stay level headed. Everything else is in place

Shhhhhhhhh............

^^^
Ha! Alright Rod--I'll sssshhh

A Pens win against the Caps will do wonders for this team. I actually don't expect a win tonight. A loss wont hurt today...but these guys can get some momentum and a half if they chalk up a W

Ooooh damn! Feisty game. Fun stuff to watch. Oshie with freebie punches on Crosby wow. All in all. Pens need to dominate this 3rd

The "elite" of the league reduced to a bunch of thugs.
There is a new league elite. We saw them tonight.

Hope Dumolin is ok. I thought it was a bad hit. Back turned

Reduced? They been thugs for a long time......led by the head goon, Geico cave guy.

Hope Dumolin is ok. I thought it was a bad hit. Back turned

The puck was long gone from Dumoulin's stick.....Long gone, that was a late hit that should have drawn a penalty and should be looked at by the league. Webber needs a suspension for the hit on Rust.

That's two of the better goalies the Pens have now chased.

I am loving the discipline of this team! The frustration shoe seems to consistently be on the opponents' foot now and Pens are winning games as a result. I just hope they can survive series' against the more goonish teams....looking at you and your simian looking coach Washington.

Secondary scoring is a huge plus. Young guns!

The league and its officiating continue to suck.

Pens are out playing their opponents hockey wise. Yes! Agreed the gooning it up from the other teams is piling on injuries. Thank god Rust survived. Dumolin has been playing so great too. Such a damn shame. Pens need one guy who is not gonna be afraid to stand up to Ovechkins antics. The guy always does that **** when his teams fall down behind like that

Pens are out playing their opponents hockey wise. Yes! Agreed the gooning it up from the other teams is piling on injuries. Thank god Rust survived. Dumolin has been playing so great too. Such a damn shame. Pens need one guy who is not gonna be afraid to stand up to Ovechkins antics. The guy always does that **** when his teams fall down behind like that

Dumoulin day to day according to Rutherford and http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/03/21/dumoulins-injury-not-believed-to-be-serious/

below shows where puck was at time of hit. Illegal? Probably. Unnecessary? Definitely.

dumoulin.jpg

...and I don't think it's a case of no one having the balls to hit the great ape, it's just difficult. The guy can skate, he's smart enough not to expose himself and he's a big dude. Pens don't really have anyone big enough to play that game with the craps...they were bouncing off guys last night. But I yearn for the day someone decapitates him.

Last edited:
Dumoulin day to day according to Rutherford and http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/03/21/dumoulins-injury-not-believed-to-be-serious/

below shows where puck was at time of hit. Illegal? Probably. Unnecessary? Definitely.

View attachment 2217

...and I don't think it's a case of no one having the balls to hit the great ape, it's just difficult. The guy can skate, he's smart enough not to expose himself and he's a big dude. Pens don't really have anyone big enough to play that game with the craps...they were bouncing off guys last night. But I yearn for the day someone decapitates him.

^^^
This

Ovie is too damn big for our guys. 6'3 240lbs. The dude is a monster and as you stated can skate. Daley said Dumoulin was gonna be ok. So heres hoping

Terrific game against the Craps. Craps tried to goon it up, Pens thankfully didn't go crazy. Impressive run they are on, hope it continues. Kind of hate that the next game isn't till Thursday, though I'm sure the players don't mind. Have to score board watch tonight with the Isles and Rags in action.

Terrific game against the Craps. Craps tried to goon it up, Pens thankfully didn't go crazy. Impressive run they are on, hope it continues. Kind of hate that the next game isn't till Thursday, though I'm sure the players don't mind. Have to score board watch tonight with the Isles and Rags in action.

The Pens can use the rest after yesterdays game. They played damn good but got roughed up

Dumoulin practiced today! I think he's gonna be just fine

Yeah that was a lot of suck. They really can't afford many missteps here on out.....came out flat hoping for more of that 2nd period magic.....trouble is they forgot if you go into a hole against NJ they break out the "clog everything up" and you don't catch up. And they couldn't solve the world renowned stone wall that is Wedgewood. WTF?

Yeah that was a lot of suck. They really can't afford many missteps here on out.....came out flat hoping for more of that 2nd period magic.....trouble is they forgot if you go into a hole against NJ they break out the "clog everything up" and you don't catch up. And they couldn't solve the world renowned stone wall that is Wedgewood. WTF?

At this point I'm not too concerned about seeding. I would take this team in a 7 game series against any team in the East right now. The Pens problem is a physical/mental problem where if you rough them up they retaliate with mistakes. I believe Sullivan will have these guys ready come playoff time. 2nd place is still up for grabs--but again not concerned about seeding

Status
Not open for further replies.