• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I said I wasn't concerned with seeding. Come up with 2 pts this weekend

the zebra's decided at the 1st intermission that they weren't gonna be able to help Detroit afterall, and the slaughter ensued.

it would be nice to beat the Rags again tomorrow.

the zebra's decided at the 1st intermission that they weren't gonna be able to help Detroit afterall, and the slaughter ensued.

it would be nice to beat the Rags again tomorrow.

If the refs let these guys play hockey, I see the Pens winning tomorrow. 7-2 is a damn good score

Didn't see the game..

what was happening that allowed the Wings to be competitive in the first period?

Didn't see the game..

what was happening that allowed the Wings to be competitive in the first period?
I missed the first period. What I do know, is that Maata, Dumoulin, and Kunitz might not be seeing the ice today.

At this point I'm not too concerned about seeding. I would take this team in a 7 game series against any team in the East right now. The Pens problem is a physical/mental problem where if you rough them up they retaliate with mistakes. I believe Sullivan will have these guys ready come playoff time. 2nd place is still up for grabs--but again not concerned about seeding

Just that home ice would be nice.

I missed the first period. What I do know, is that Maata, Dumoulin, and Kunitz might not be seeing the ice today.

Every ******* spring. I'd like to hit the PO's just once with a healthy team.

Just that home ice would be nice.

Every ******* spring. I'd like to hit the PO's just once with a healthy team.

Especially with these three guys. They have been crucial to the Pens success. Eh home ice would be nice. But the Pens do pretty well on the road and get two games in Pit out of the series at least. The Pens these past few weeks still lay a stinker. But win when needed

tonight showed just how fast Kessel and Hagelin really are...it looks like they are racing at times....and Kessel's goal was pretty damn nice.

I like watching Lutefisk leave all disappointed and ****....I could get used to it.

tonight showed just how fast Kessel and Hagelin really are...it looks like they are racing at times....and Kessel's goal was pretty damn nice.

I like watching Lutefisk leave all disappointed and ****....I could get used to it.

Kessel was on fire last night! Holy fock it's about time he took over a game. Thats's the Phil we need

Ha!......not near as much fun as watching him lose it and dumping the goal last time.

Kessel was on fire last night! Holy fock it's about time he took over a game. Thats's the Phil we need

Yeah......has he been sandbaggin'?

It was cool to see a win finally. And, this one was really needed. Loved the press. Felt that they were on point.

Reactions: MTC

If you watched the game on NBCSN, there was a pre-game show on the rivalry. Lutefisk was shown complaining about Crosby's feigning to sell a call. And then I harken back to the last game when he flopped around like a harpooned tuna, guilty of the same. What a primadonna, and hypocrite. **** him. I hope we see him in the Eastern finals and watch him get pulled in 4 straight.

If you watched the game on NBCSN, there was a pre-game show on the rivalry. Lutefisk was shown complaining about Crosby's feigning to sell a call. And then I harken back to the last game when he flopped around like a harpooned tuna, guilty of the same. What a primadonna, and hypocrite. **** him. I hope we see him in the Eastern finals and watch him get pulled in 4 straight.

I would love to see the Pens bury Henriq Stankfist. It would be a damn lot sweeter if Sid were to get a hat trick

Idk. It's a new Kessel though lol
I think getting Hagelin has helped him quite a bit...and while I can't really prove it, I think being on a line WITHOUT Sid or Geno has helped him too.

Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel line loods good - trade Shrek!

Lutefisk yapping about anyone flopping to sell a call is hilarious. Dude should be in Hollywood with his acting skills.

I think getting Hagelin has helped him quite a bit...and while I can't really prove it, I think being on a line WITHOUT Sid or Geno has helped him too.

^^^
Agreed. For one Hagelin can skate with him. Those two can crash the net and create offense when needed. I would like to see Rust(another speedster) with them as an experiment. Rust is the teams best break away guy. Still cant settle down his shot. Sid stays put. As Spike said possibly trade Geno. Idk. I think the Pens are emotionally invested in him

^^^
Agreed. For one Hagelin can skate with him. Those two can crash the net and create offense when needed. I would like to see Rust(another speedster) with them as an experiment. Rust is the teams best break away guy. Still cant settle down his shot. Sid stays put. As Spike said possibly trade Geno. Idk. I think the Pens are emotionally invested in him
I think the other way, putting them with Bonino is an advantage because he isn't as fast....I mean, dude can obviously skate, but his natural pace let's him have Kessel and Hagelin chase his entries and puts him right in front of the net for the trash....he has had some dumb puck luck, but it's getting better....

Kessel has always been better later in the season and in the playoffs...

Bonino will be traded in the offseason. He is a very smart player, but with sunqvist being totally ready, fehr being cheap, and blueger finally signing a pro deal, there is no place for him. Hagelin/kessel works regardless of the center, not because of him...

It almost looks like the pens finally figured out that young fast guys on the bottom six are far better than old slow vets.. And that puckmoving d are more important than shotblocking defensive guys with a loaded offense

Kessel has always been better later in the season and in the playoffs...

Bonino will be traded in the offseason. He is a very smart player, but with sunqvist being totally ready, fehr being cheap, and blueger finally signing a pro deal, there is no place for him. Hagelin/kessel works regardless of the center, not because of him...

It almost looks like the pens finally figured out that young fast guys on the bottom six are far better than old slow vets.. And that puckmoving d are more important than shotblocking defensive guys with a loaded offense

Shame, I like Bones. Oh well.

Activating the D has been an awesome strategy. I just hope that when Geno gets back he remembers that forwards need to cover for them when they get deep. More wingers than C's but awareness has to be ratcheted up.

I think the other way, putting them with Bonino is an advantage because he isn't as fast....I mean, dude can obviously skate, but his natural pace let's him have Kessel and Hagelin chase his entries and puts him right in front of the net for the trash....he has had some dumb puck luck, but it's getting better....

True about Bonino. He's a smart player and can compliment Kessel with passing. Idk. I would like to see a full speed blitz. Something about Kessels passing and Rust' break away ability seems intriguing

FYI, the current Vegas odds on the Pens to win the cup is 10-1. A buddy of mine is going there next week and I'm getting in on that action!

Status
Not open for further replies.