• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pens should sit Crosby until September. Keep him fresh.

Buckle up, yinz is headed for that buzz saw on sunday

Still rooting for teams to lose to sneak in?

The pens are in second place...they are not sneaking in..granted teams are kinda bunched up, but they are 9-1 last 10 games.

Announced this morning. ..Flower with a concussion. What next?

Par for the course with this team. Its like that new guy on the radio said, was Consol built on an Indian burial ground? Gotta just keep that offense going. No let up.

The pens are in second place...they are not sneaking in..granted teams are kinda bunched up, but they are 9-1 last 10 games.

Dumbass...I'm talking about philly! and I'm talking to Stillers who IS a Flyers fan

Do I have to explain everything to you?

Unknown - no timetable for return

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Marc-Andre Fleury did not join the team on the trip to New York and is out with a concussion.

ROOT SPORTS™ | PIT ‎@ROOTSPORTSPIT
No timetable for Fleurys return at this time -DP

Brian Dumoulin re-enters the #Pens lineup for today's matchup against the Islanders.

Unknown - no timetable for return

Marc-Andre Fleury did not join the team on the trip to New York and is out with a concussion.

ROOT SPORTS™ | PIT ‎@ROOTSPORTSPIT
No timetable for Fleurys return at this time -DP

Brian Dumoulin re-enters the #Pens lineup for today's matchup against the Islanders.

Pens will be alright. I think they solidified a playoff spot with todays win. Give some guys shorter minutes and turn the burners back on playoff time

This is Fleury's second concussion this year.....eek

Go team - everyone is playing together now.

Letang dinged again?

Give Letang a rest. The team can manage without him for a couple games

the MAF concussion thing ain't good...two in one season is rough, even for hockey guys....hope he's ok...saw that shot live, it hit him fair 'n square in the face after it hit the dangle.

but...last year I could still find WBS games on the nets....I would bet Murray doesn't fold....just a hunch.

and Kessel with NO Geno...or Sid...howbouthatshit?....imo, there had to be enough pucks to go around...on the current line, he's the guy, and he's stepping it up.

they are playing seriously aggressive fast hockey right now....racing the puck in, getting back on D...so far, the goalies have been able to cover the majority of the mistakes.....they say the SCPO stops that.

we shall see.

the MAF concussion thing ain't good...two in one season is rough, even for hockey guys....hope he's ok...saw that shot live, it hit him fair 'n square in the face after it hit the dangle.

but...last year I could still find WBS games on the nets....I would bet Murray doesn't fold....just a hunch.

and Kessel with NO Geno...or Sid...howbouthatshit?....imo, there had to be enough pucks to go around...on the current line, he's the guy, and he's stepping it up.

they are playing seriously aggressive fast hockey right now....racing the puck in, getting back on D...so far, the goalies have been able to cover the majority of the mistakes.....they say the SCPO stops that.

we shall see.

I think Murray is the future behind MAF. The kid has given up goals but also is a rock in the net. He's not one to lose confidence easily. Outside of MAF in net. I'm comfortable as a fan with Murray. No need to rush back Geno either. The line produces more scoring opportunity with Bonino. Geno's problem is puck turnovers. Stay benched til healthy. Now that the Pens are in give guys like Letang a rest. Keep him fresh for playoffs. I like the Pens chances. Once Maatta, Rust, Dumoulin can all be 100% it's gonna be better

Okay, lets not start sucking his dick just yet....it's only a handful of games

Reactions: MTC

we shall see.

I like the fact they are winning without the big guns (well, Sid) going all God-mode out there. Regular contributions from lines 3-4 is something this team hasn't had in a long time.

whooped dat Philly ***

beat down

Lookout Rangers!

Time to start thinking about resting Letang and Sid

Reactions: MTC
whooped dat Philly ***

beat down

Lookout Rangers!

Time to start thinking about resting Letang and Sid

Shorten their minutes at least. Gotta keep them in a groove. Maybe the last two games sit them. 6-2 on them Philly ********. Good game good game

This is a seriously good team. Phenomenal depth, great effort, great coaching. Sully said yesterday "This is a fun team to coach right now." I bet it is. Murray has looked very good but the team is keeping him very clean. They're boxing out very well and other teams aren't getting a lot of o zone time.

Like I said earlier the attention to detail and doing all the little things right, working hard, etc. are paying off nicely. And it seems they finally understand the concept that there is no such thing as a bad shot!

Jay's quote of the day yesterday...."They're breaking teams." Indeed they are.....just stealing their will and their hearts.

A buddy of mine is in Vegas for spring break and I had him put a bet down for me on the Pens to win the cup. Got them at 16-1 odds. FYI, the Steelers are only 7-1 to win the super bowl. If he can find a sports book that has them at 10-1 I'm in. Well, I'm betting on them regardless, I just want better odd if possible.

This is a seriously good team. Phenomenal depth, great effort, great coaching. Sully said yesterday "This is a fun team to coach right now." I bet it is. Murray has looked very good but the team is keeping him very clean. They're boxing out very well and other teams aren't getting a lot of o zone time.

Like I said earlier the attention to detail and doing all the little things right, working hard, etc. are paying off nicely. And it seems they finally understand the concept that there is no such thing as a bad shot!

Jay's quote of the day yesterday...."They're breaking teams." Indeed they are.....just stealing their will and their hearts.

FWIW, I think most teams play much better as a team in front of the backup goalie. With a star like Fleury, the team knows it can cheat and he can bail them out, so they get away from strong team play. As the team becomes more confident in the new goalie, they will likely revert to their old ways, especially when the stars take up many more minutes and the 1st and 2nd line guys playing now get much sparser minutes and feel the "need" to overdo it in limited time.

Going with a rookie/backup goalie into the playoffs isn't the worst thing.....

QFT. They had the Preds sucking wind in the 3rd. My buddy Chris is a Flyers fan. Texted me yesterday talking ****. Before the game. Afterward, crickets.

This is the most fun I have had watching the Pens in a while. Man this team is doing something special. As a fan, there isn't a team in the East that scares me. This Pens team is rolling 4 lines and getting scoring from all of them. They play fast. And most importantly, when teams goon it up, they aren't taking the stupid retaliation penalties.

FWIW, I think most teams play much better as a team in front of the backup goalie. With a star like Fleury, the team knows it can cheat and he can bail them out, so they get away from strong team play. As the team becomes more confident in the new goalie, they will likely revert to their old ways, especially when the stars take up many more minutes and the 1st and 2nd line guys playing now get much sparser minutes and feel the "need" to overdo it in limited time.

Going with a rookie/backup goalie into the playoffs isn't the worst thing.....

I dunno Con...the Pens were doing pretty freaking well with MAF in the crease as well. The rest...guess we'll have to wait and see. There seems to be a very good mentality among the Pens right now that says "team" to me more than I've seen since the Cup years. The yute revolution!

QFT. They had the Preds sucking wind in the 3rd. My buddy Chris is a Flyers fan. Texted me yesterday talking ****. Before the game. Afterward, crickets.

This is the most fun I have had watching the Pens in a while. Man this team is doing something special. As a fan, there isn't a team in the East that scares me. This Pens team is rolling 4 lines and getting scoring from all of them. They play fast. And most importantly, when teams goon it up, they aren't taking the stupid retaliation penalties.

That is HUGE....it is really fun watching the craps, flyers, etc. be the frustrated idiots for a change.

They play fast. And most importantly, when teams goon it up, they aren't taking the stupid retaliation penalties.

they aren't trying to be goons themsleves, which is a big step up in my book

play to your strength - which is now SPEED - young legs to the rescue!

it's like a whole new team out there, hungry, relentless and having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.