• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caps/Flyers, classic root for the falling meteor matchup.

Thanks for throwing the Flyers a bone today.

In return, we will eliminate the Caps in Rd 1.
:D
Yeah. Right.
Just beat them up, so we get to play a banged up team in the Eastern finals.

Thanks for throwing the Flyers a bone today.

In return, we will eliminate the Caps in Rd 1.
:D

Rough them up in the process. Ovi and Orpik and Wilson are all dirty players

I think that was a scratch on the back for the flyers. The Pens werent flat per se, but not playing to win nor lose. Didnt really bother me. The Murray incident was an accident and tough luck on his end. But at least he didnt pull a Henrick and decide to flip the net. The team will be ok and ready by next week just watch

Am I the only one that thought that should have been GT interference? Dude was waaay in the crease.

Am I the only one that thought that should have been GT interference? Dude was waaay in the crease.

It's hard to say. Shenn was playing the puck. As much as I hate the flyers. He was making a hockey play. Not aiming for the goalie. As a fan its easy to say this or that. **** I do that a lot during games. But on the ice the game moves so fast its hard to call. Unless it's obviously intentional, I give the refs a pass on this one

It's hard to say. Shenn was playing the puck. As much as I hate the flyers. He was making a hockey play. Not aiming for the goalie. As a fan its easy to say this or that. **** I do that a lot during games. But on the ice the game moves so fast its hard to call. Unless it's obviously intentional, I give the refs a pass on this one

Well put. I concur.

1st objective post ever made here in the Pens thread. Thank you.
:JungleBook:

Isles down 3 late in the third, they're ducking the Pens!

yeah, it looked legit.

called up the other WBS goalie today.

Well, well, well..

Pens vs the Rangers

Should be a blood-bath, battle royale.
One of my two least favorite teams will be taking an early vacation from the playoffs.
Works for me.

Rangers in 6

Well, well, well..

Pens vs the Rangers

One of my two least favorite teams will be taking an early vacation from the playoffs.
Works for me.

Rangers in 6

Rangers have injuries like the Pens do. But the thing is the Rags have more key injuries. I actually wouldnt be surprised to see the Pens sweep these guys. Its a different Pens team under Sullivan and I think this team has a few more notches to kick up. Im excited

Well, well, well..

Pens vs the Rangers

Works for me.

Rangers in 6

Hey! Where ya been all season? Your team squeaks into the PO's and....Heeeeere's Stillers! Nice win. That was your cup. No.....this will be........Again.

flyers.jpg

Reactions: MTC
I'm a Pens fan and love the way the Pens are playing, but it's the playoffs and the clutching, grabbing, and interfering go way up without being called, it's going to be alot tougher for the Pens to the play the game they have been playing

Well, well, well..

Pens vs the Rangers

Works for me.

Rangers in 6

Can't wait to see the king of cheap shots, Ovenchicken, take his runs at the Goon Squad. That's a blood bath.

Simmonds will be the X-Factor in that series. If he can batter Ovie and get him off his game, the Flyers have a chance. Like Steel G said, I expect a blood bath. All Philly had to do was get in and they will make the Craps pay, even if they advance, the Craps will be a wounded team moving on. Looking forward to that series.

As far as the Pens/Rangers, if MAF and/or Geno can't go, the hill will be a lot more steep. I'm cautiously confident the Pens can win the series, but it will be tough. The Rags will not go quietly.

2016 NHL playoffs schedule

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers

Game 1, Wednesday: N.Y. Rangers at Pittsburgh, 8 p.m., USA Network.

Game 2, Saturday: N.Y. Rangers at Pittsburgh, 3 p.m., NBC, CBC.

Game 3, April 19: Pittsburgh at N.Y. Rangers, 7 p.m., USA Network.

Game 4, April 21: Pittsburgh at N.Y. Rangers, TBD

x-Game 5, April 23: N.Y. Rangers at Pittsburgh, TBD

x-Game 6, April 25: Pittsburgh at N.Y. Rangers, TBD

x-Game 7, April 27: N.Y. Rangers at Pittsburgh, TBD

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...1/nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-schedule/82882128/

Amazing that for the first time not one team from Canada made the Cup. And, with that being said....of the 7 total teams - 5 of which are the worst in the NFL points wise

I'm a Pens fan and love the way the Pens are playing, but it's the playoffs and the clutching, grabbing, and interfering go way up without being called, it's going to be alot tougher for the Pens to the play the game they have been playing

I think Sullivan will have them disciplined enough to play a physical game without mistakes if needed. Guys like Cole, Hornqvist, Sheary, Rust are not afraid to get in dirty areas of the ice. I know you're big on Geno. A lot of us are. But Bonino fills in nicely. Be confident. This is a special team

Simmonds will be the X-Factor in that series. If he can batter Ovie and get him off his game, the Flyers have a chance. Like Steel G said, I expect a blood bath. All Philly had to do was get in and they will make the Craps pay, even if they advance, the Craps will be a wounded team moving on. Looking forward to that series.

As far as the Pens/Rangers, if MAF and/or Geno can't go, the hill will be a lot more steep. I'm cautiously confident the Pens can win the series, but it will be tough. The Rags will not go quietly.

I hope Philly kicks there ***. I have respect for guys like Giroux, Simmonds and Voracek. Pains me to say but im pulling for the Flyers aside from the Pens. It would make for a great Eastern metro playoff push if these teams were to meet. And I gotta root for the PA boys. **** the Flyers but kick some *** and represent PA

I hope Philly kicks there ***. I have respect for guys like Giroux, Simmonds and Voracek. Pains me to say but im pulling for the Flyers aside from the Pens. It would make for a great Eastern metro playoff push if these teams were to meet. And I gotta root for the PA boys. **** the Flyers but kick some *** and represent PA

I hope both teams kick each other's ***. Hard. That inner conference/division/PA crap means little to me. I've never liked the Flyers, never will. Same with the Craps. They are the Ravens and Pats of the NHL. I'm sure there are a ton of Stillers in Flyer World that think the same of the Pens and that's why our rivalry is so fun and heated. Love to beat them and hate to lose to them!

Reactions: MTC
yeah - Flyers need to bruise the Caps for us later

Glad our first game is on Wednesday - less wait

Status
Not open for further replies.