• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope both teams kick each other's ***. Hard. That inner conference/division/PA crap means little to me. I've never liked the Flyers, never will. Same with the Craps. They are the Ravens and Pats of the NHL. I'm sure there are a ton of Stillers in Flyer World that think the same of the Pens and that's why our rivalry is so fun and heated. Love to beat them and hate to lose to them!

Which is what makes the Pens/Flyers rivalry that much great

I'm a Pens fan and love the way the Pens are playing, but it's the playoffs and the clutching, grabbing, and interfering go way up without being called, it's going to be alot tougher for the Pens to the play the game they have been playing

**** the Flyers, and you respect Simmonds? He's dirty as they come and tried to slash Murrays bare neck.

BMTI..........F the F's.Simmonds is as dirty as they come.

**** the Flyers, and you respect Simmonds? He's dirty as they come and tried to slash Murrays bare neck.

As a player. Hockey is a dirty game. Ok **** the flyers! Pens running this ***** tomorrow

I think Sullivan will have them disciplined enough to play a physical game without mistakes if needed. Guys like Cole, Hornqvist, Sheary, Rust are not afraid to get in dirty areas of the ice. I know you're big on Geno. A lot of us are. But Bonino fills in nicely. Be confident. This is a special team

I'd be saying the same with Geno, I've seen it to many times in the playoffs with the speed and skill teams being grinded to a halt with the ****** garage league play they allow.

I hope Philly kicks there ***. I have respect for guys like Giroux, Simmonds and Voracek. Pains me to say but im pulling for the Flyers aside from the Pens. It would make for a great Eastern metro playoff push if these teams were to meet. And I gotta root for the PA boys. **** the Flyers but kick some *** and represent PA

I can tolerate the Eagles and Phillies....but **** the Flyers!

Reactions: MTC
I say Pens in 5 over the Rangers

NHL Playoffs: Pittsburgh Penguins injury updates on Malkin, Fleury, Maatta, Rust and Bennett

No Bennett, Murray, Rust or Malkin at official practice.

Evgeni Malkin

His initial window of a return from his March 11th injury would put a return no sooner than April 22nd

Marc-Andre Fleury

In probably the best news of the day, Fleury skated with the team at practice and took a full, normal practice. This marks his first time doing that since playing on March 31st. Hopefully he suffers no further symptoms in the coming day, because it looks like Fleury could be on-track to play against the Rangers when the series opens up on Wednesdayy

Olli Maatta

Took practice with the team today, for the first time since he last played on March 24th, but was used on a defense pairing with Derrick Pouliot. Maatta's typical partner, Kris Letang, practiced with Trevor Daley.

Which would seem to make Maatta's status for the opener still up in the air.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2016/4/11/...urgh-penguins-injury-updates-on-malkin-fleury

I'd be saying the same with Geno, I've seen it to many times in the playoffs with the speed and skill teams being grinded to a halt with the ****** garage league play they allow.

Tampa did well last year. They played similar to what the Pens are now. Just not as big on forechecks. All the Pens need to do is continue to stay disciplined. Our guys do retaliate with mistakes. Limit the teams power play, play fast puck moving defense and get the puck up to your best offensive players. Fleury seems like he's ready to go

Sullivan calls Fleury a game-time decision

Marc-Andre Fleury (concussion) was the first goalie off the ice following the Penguins' morning skate.

Fleury was also in the starters net during the practice. Officially the Penguins are still calling Fleury a game-time decision, but based on what happened Wednesday morning, it seems likely that he will start.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/720271505368571905

Hope Fluery isn't rushing back, he did say yesterday he was still having trouble locating the puck.

I'll take a one-eyed Flower over Zatkoff

Fluery will be fine. We need him asap

I agree, I'm thinking he was just talking about being rusty, not concussion related.

Zatkoff starting, Jarry back up per NHLN. This could be a long night.

I am exhausted - that game was draining

Sloppy start but they got it together - hatty for horny, Zatkoff exceeded all my expectations

What a difference a year makes....go go go

Sid on a breakaway. Haven't seen one of those in awhile. Hats off to Hornqvist. And good job Zatkoff. Didnt lose confidence and played solid through out. He faced some tough shots too. Good team win

I'll admit, when I saw Zatkoff was starting, I told my wife "The Pens are ******." After the first 15 minutes, the Pens got it together and looked like the Pens of March. What a difference a year makes.

I wasn't skeert. Before the game told my son "Zatkoff just needs to be solid not spectacular." Turns out he was somewhere between the two.

Shaky starts aren't going to hold you in good stead in the PO's for long though. They have to come out firing on all cylinders. AND stop with the dumb penalties! Kuhnhackl and Sheary quickly becoming two of my faves.

We need Murray or Fleury back quickly. Zatkoff was great last night, but I am not sure we can expect that same level of success from him going forward. You gotta play who can play, but for this run to go deep into the playoffs, we are going to need Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.