• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Murray or Fleury back quickly. Zatkoff was great last night, but I am not sure we can expect that same level of success from him going forward. You gotta play who can play, but for this run to go deep into the playoffs, we are going to need Fleury.

yabbut

Can't you even be happy for one day after a win?

Who said I wasn't happy? Merely stating an opinion.

an obvious one.

I don't see anybody saying bench Fleury for Zatkoff

Is your real name TMC?

Kuhnhackl and Sheary quickly becoming two of my faves.

Yep, great to watch. Especially Sheary, he was all over. Good first win. They do have some things to clean up, but I'm sure Sullivan is on it.

I wasn't skeert. Before the game told my son "Zatkoff just needs to be solid not spectacular." Turns out he was somewhere between the two.

Shaky starts aren't going to hold you in good stead in the PO's for long though. They have to come out firing on all cylinders. AND stop with the dumb penalties! Kuhnhackl and Sheary quickly becoming two of my faves.

Zatkoff made some crazy saves. Cant fault him for the 3 on 5 PP. I thought he held up well. Pens defensemen helped him out some too

Gotta love Sheary. The dude hustles hard for the puck and has some moves in the offensive zone. Kunhackle plays tough and screens well. That short hander was great. Kunhackle played for the Wheeling Nailers at one point. Crazy leap into the big leagues

Last edited:
I am really glad Sullivan brought those guys up with him. This team is deep and fast and providing a ton of secondary scoring. They can roll 4 lines 60 minutes a game and that bodes well for their ability to make a deep run.

Go Flyers! Keep ramming your faces into those Cap shoulders - you'll wear them out eventually

I started watching the LA-SH game, and it looked like they were playing in slow motion. Lumbering giants.

I started watching the LA-SH game, and it looked like they were playing in slow motion. Lumbering giants.

LA is a huge team. I remember the Pens looked like midgets against them last season

Ovechkin with a hard hit that game. He's the new Brooks Orpik

The Caps looked like they were just toying with the Flyers - but even then did manage to knock another starter out. Reports are Couturier has a sprained A/C joint and is done for the series.

The Caps looked like they were just toying with the Flyers - but even then did manage to knock another starter out. Reports are Couturier has a sprained A/C joint and is done for the series.

What a *****, Ben came back in the same game to lead the game winning drive with that injury.

Reactions: MTC
What a *****, Ben came back in the same game to lead the game winning drive with that injury.

The Flyers cant fly. So much for whoopin on the Caps. I mean its still a series but damn

It sounds like Malkin is going through a full practice today, and is on the top PP and they are going full speed. I've heard a few guys (Bourque, Stan mainly) suggesting putting Malkin on Sid's left wing and moving Kunitz down to the 3rd since Kunitz hasn't been doing great as of late.

Geno a game time decision?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Pens Inside Scoop
Malkin is practicing with the 1st power-play unit.

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Good morning from #Pens skate at #UPMC66. Bennett, Fleury, Malkin, and Rust are all present.

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Fleury on if he expects to play in Game 2: "I don't expect it, but I hope so. It feels like it's been forever."

Dave Molinari ‎@MolinariPG
Fleury, for those wondering, is practicing, but does not appear to have a place on the No. 1 power-play unit.
10:13 AM - 15 Apr 2016

It sounds like Malkin is going through a full practice today, and is on the top PP and they are going full speed. I've heard a few guys (Bourque, Stan mainly) suggesting putting Malkin on Sid's left wing and moving Kunitz down to the 3rd since Kunitz hasn't been doing great as of late.

That would be an interesting line

NHL Live had the Pens game on mic'd up - - Nice locker room scene with Zatkoff getting the warrior helmet

I like his mask too

JEFF ZATKOFF PAYS TRIBUTE TO BARRASSO ON PENS MASK

Zatkoff-Left.jpg

I think Geno and Fleury are 50/50 shots

Just don't mess with that Bonino line!

FL is hockeytown USA - sorry Detroit/Canada

Bolts win 5-2, lead series 2-0

635963577116789823-2016-0415-dg-wings3719.jpg

635963577114605809-2016-0415-dg-wings3776.jpg

Wings guys picking their teeth up off the ice, bloody brawls, **** punches, this one had everything

Last edited:
Dog **** period. Hate these afternoon games.

Pens are unraveling like they are used to doing. Different team with Malkin and Maata in there. I don't care what anyone says. Different team.

Down 2-4

Fleury>>>>>>>>>>>Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.