• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sit Malkin. Fleury would be the difference this game. A lot of no calls this game too. Both sides

Sit Malkin. Fleury would be the difference this game. A lot of no calls this game too. Both sides

I don't know if MAF would be the difference. All four NYR goals, the Pens were slow, lazy and watching the Rangers skate circles around them. Pitiful period. BTW, how in the Hell was that NOT an off-sides by Boussard?

Malkin comes back and so does sloppy play.

Like throwing sand in the gears of a well oiled machine

somebody better poke their goalie in the eye quick

Reactions: MTC
I don't know if MAF would be the difference. All four NYR goals, the Pens were slow, lazy and watching the Rangers skate circles around them. Pitiful period. BTW, how in the Hell was that NOT an off-sides by Boussard?

That was a pretty obvious offside. I was about as mad about that call as can be. Rags got away with a couple of trips. Fehr did get away with a slash too. I know the game moves at a fast pace but damn some horrible officiating today

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

Flyers playing Pee-wee hockey? Nice goal Mason!

they got out Penguin'd

They tried to play a physical game. It worked to a point. But the Pens need to stick to speed. They figured it out in the 3rd but the burst they showed came too late. Rust break away opportunity could've been that game changer. I have confidence Sullivan will have these guys rebounded for game 3

Yeah, that game was a whole bucket of suck. Playing too cute at times, but generally slow and sloppy. I will not blame the officiating. Pens got away with murder today just like the Rangers. They have no one to blame but themselves. They need to get to their game.

I wouldn't have played Malkin until they lost. Why try to fix what isn't broken? He dances and dangles too much for the type of game Sully wants the Pens to play.

It's not just the loss, but how sluggish they looked and how they turned over the puck and couldn't get the puck out of their own end - they looked like the December team again, and that ain't good

Rust, Malkin,and Maatta - all rusty. Maatta had an especially horrible game

Need that speed back

People are blaming malkin and maata and what not, but remember in the first game at one point we were being out shot like 12-3. Our goalie kept us in the game. It could have been easily 2 or 3-0. Then the Rangers could have went to defense mode.
I do agree we should have just stuck with what was working though. Malkin is not made for playoff hockey. He has too many cute turnovers. If he would just drive down the ice and shoot it would be much better. Those drop passes to no one need to stop.

Sorry buddy this one is NOT on Zats. That was a slow, sluggish, confused looking team out there in front all day. Just bad all around. Consistently and badly outworked.

It's not just the loss, but how sluggish they looked and how they turned over the puck and couldn't get the puck out of their own end - they looked like the December team again, and that ain't good

Rust, Malkin,and Maatta - all rusty. Maatta had an especially horrible game

Need that speed back

Maatta completely flat footed on that break away goal. It looked like they changed some things up for the worse. The D was terrible yesterday and completely deactivated offensively. There was no one in front of the net most of the game for the Pens and they did NOT get in Lundquists grill like the games where they've been successful against him.
Not good because we've given the rags hope and momentum going there plus we've reinforced the notion of Lunquists invincibility against us in the PO's. The rags weren't just going to give this series away. Hope that sunk in.

Sorry buddy this one is NOT on Zats. That was a slow, sluggish, confused looking team out there in front all day. Just bad all around. Consistently and badly outworked.

Maatta completely flat footed on that break away goal. It looked like they changed some things up for the worse. The D was terrible yesterday and completely deactivated offensively. There was no one in front of the net most of the game for the Pens and they did NOT get in Lundquists grill like the games where they've been successful against him.
Not good because we've given the rags hope and momentum going there plus we've reinforced the notion of Lunquists invincibility against us in the PO's. The rags weren't just going to give this series away. Hope that sunk in.

Agreed agreed. It's easy to throw blame at the goalie after a loss. Defense was playing that idle defense like they used to. There were no quick passes and if there were they were bad. I do think they picked it up about midway through the third. But again at that point it was too late in the game. Lundqvist is a good goalie but the guy folds under pressure. The Pens really didn't generate pressure at all. It's like they ditched the Sullivan game plan and looked something like a mix of Bylsma/Johnston. Next game up

People are blaming malkin and maata and what not, but remember in the first game at one point we were being out shot like 12-3. Our goalie kept us in the game. It could have been easily 2 or 3-0. Then the Rangers could have went to defense mode.
I do agree we should have just stuck with what was working though. Malkin is not made for playoff hockey. He has too many cute turnovers. If he would just drive down the ice and shoot it would be much better. Those drop passes to no one need to stop.

The thing is with Malkin. On his own line he shoots the puck. When he's on a power play or on a line with Sid these guys pass too damn much. Sullivan should tell those guys if you have the opportunity shoot instead of pass. Thats why Bonino-Hagelin-Kessel works so damn good is cause Bonino can distribute the puck well and Kessel or Hagelin will take their shot when presented. The same with guys like Sheary, Rust, Kunhackle. Put Kunitz back on Crosby's line. Crosby and Hornqvist took their shots without hesitation

Flyers playing Pee-wee hockey? Nice goal Mason!

Typical Flyers playoff goaltending.:puke:

Honestly though, expectations were and are low.
Making the playoffs this season was a big thing, after that...play the Caps tough.

Flyers are stacked with young talent that are matriculating through the system.
The future is bright.

Typical Flyers playoff goaltending.:puke:

Honestly though, expectations were and are low.
Making the playoffs this season was a big thing, after that...play the Caps tough.

Flyers are stacked with young talent that are matriculating through the system.
The future is bright.

Young talent but you guys need a goalie. I dont think Mason will be the go to guy down the line

This is the dumbest thing I've heard, people saying Malkin returning threw everything off. What did he have to do with Maata mis-playing a puck? Or Dailey just giving the puck away right in front of our net? If Malkin wasn't there, Maata would've played that puck perfectly and Dailey doesn't give the puck away? He wasn't even on the ice for any of the Rangers goals I don't think, so just him sitting on the bench makes the other players play ******? If Tanger, Horny, and Rust score on their break aways we aren't talking about this. I say blame Sullivan for constantly moving Malkin around and not being able to figure out how to use a guy that averaged 1 ppg in the playoffs. It's one game, I don't know many people that didn't pick the Rangers to get swept.

It's called team chemistry. Everybody is now sitting back and waiting instead of playing 100%. Malkin being back affected that. It shuffled lines that had been doing great.

Too much East to West action from him that negates all the progress we made getting the puck forward. Too many players looked to defer to Malkin.

He's an exceptional talent, but if they don't start to treat him like just another player and convince him to get the puck up the ice quicker it's not going to end well for us.

Pens Inside Scoop ‎@PensInsideScoop
Matt Murray just took the ice for #Pens practice

Rise from the dead and fix everything, Matt Murray.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard, people saying Malkin returning threw everything off. What did he have to do with Maata mis-playing a puck? Or Dailey just giving the puck away right in front of our net? If Malkin wasn't there, Maata would've played that puck perfectly and Dailey doesn't give the puck away? He wasn't even on the ice for any of the Rangers goals I don't think, so just him sitting on the bench makes the other players play ******? If Tanger, Horny, and Rust score on their break aways we aren't talking about this. I say blame Sullivan for constantly moving Malkin around and not being able to figure out how to use a guy that averaged 1 ppg in the playoffs. It's one game, I don't know many people that didn't pick the Rangers to get swept.

Right now its hard to fit Malkin into Sullivans system. Rust is getting more opportunities. The way I see it is the coaches were experimenting per se. It's one game. Maata played bad, Malkin needs to just shoot when he has room in front of him. When you have talent like him and Crosby the two pass back and forth and cant make up their mind to take a shot. Go back to quick defenseive dump off hockey. That created more for the offensive talent. Pens will be alright

Go back to quick defensive dump off hockey. That created more for the offensive talent. Pens will be alright

I agree

Malkin likes to dilly around playing the puck slowly up the ice by himself and looping around the circles for his one timers and there's way too much cute passing again.

Completely opposite of the scrappy style they've been winning with by full bore attacking the net and shooting the damn puck BY EVERYONE

Right now its hard to fit Malkin into Sullivans system. Rust is getting more opportunities. The way I see it is the coaches were experimenting per se. It's one game. Maata played bad, Malkin needs to just shoot when he has room in front of him. When you have talent like him and Crosby the two pass back and forth and cant make up their mind to take a shot. Go back to quick defenseive dump off hockey. That created more for the offensive talent. Pens will be alright

I totally agree, never wanted him with Crosby either, he's a center, that's on Sullivan for screwing with the lines, but Malkin didn't look as bad as everyone is making it sound, he had the puck on his stick for not even a second at the blue line when he sprung those two break aways. Sullivan gets paid to figure out away to use a guy with his talent, here's two hints, you don't put him with two guys that are straight ahead guys and you don't try to put him at wing. I didn't see him dangling and hanging with the puck that lead to any goals for NY, I just think it's for lazy fans that know nothing to just blame the return of him for the loss.

The Steelers with Williams at RB this past season averaged 10 point per game more than they do when Bell plays, I guess it's time to dump Bell? No the coaches need to not rely to heavily on running the ball when Bell is in there, the O is most dangerous when Ben is throwing it.

Oh Korea, I don't care how deep you suck Malkin's balls - the TEAM was on a roll....now this

Flyers get their **** pushed in and in typical fashion, total gooning results. Orlov lucky he's not in the hospital. And then the idiot fans throw **** on the ice. Gotta love Philthy.

Last edited:
Flyers get their **** pushed in and in typical fashion, total gooning results. Orlov lucky he's not in the hospital. And then the idiot fans throw **** on the ice. Gotta love Philthy.

That was some crazy **** by the flyer fans

Status
Not open for further replies.