• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day-to-day is officially my most hated sports term.

Zatkoff took the majority of work in practice today while MAF and Murray split time at the other end.

Oh Korea, I don't care how deep you suck Malkin's balls - the TEAM was on a roll....now this

Not sucking anyones balls, it just makes fans look like idiots when they blame the return of one guy for them losing when he had nothing to do with any goals scored on us. They were on a roll without Maata and Zatkoff too correct?

Not sucking anyones balls, it just makes fans look like idiots when they blame the return of one guy for them losing when he had nothing to do with any goals scored on us. They were on a roll without Maata and Zatkoff too correct?

He's not why they lost, but the chemistry was altered. How can you deny that? Schultz sat for Maata and he was horrrid. Their game is off and it's tough for them to jump right in. I understand that and how long do you keep them on he bench? There's no right or wrong answer. They are a different team with Malkin in the line-up. They jelled for 15 out of 17 games w/o him. Like I said, they didn't lose because of him, but they were not the same team. Something was off. We'll see how tonight goes if Sat was a fluke.

Not sucking anyones balls, it just makes fans look like idiots when they blame the return of one guy for them losing

yeah - we're all idiots

from the bandwagon fan that only shows up for the playoffs

Last edited:
As I was saying

Josh Yohe ✔ ‎@JoshYohe_PGH
Fleury still day to day. Not playing tonight, per Sullivan.

He's not why they lost, but the chemistry was altered. How can you deny that? Schultz sat for Maata and he was horrrid. Their game is off and it's tough for them to jump right in. I understand that and how long do you keep them on he bench? There's no right or wrong answer. They are a different team with Malkin in the line-up. They jelled for 15 out of 17 games w/o him. Like I said, they didn't lose because of him, but they were not the same team. Something was off. We'll see how tonight goes if Sat was a fluke.

They need Shultz back. I dont think team chemistry per se was the issue. But the Pens did play a different game plan. Too much rushes up into the slot and not getting opportunites to put shots on Lundqvist. Both of Kessels goals came from playing the puck outside and distributing into the guy who was gonna shoot. So if the Pens catch on to that they can easily figure out the Rangers

yeah - we're all idiots

from the bandwagon fan that only shows up for the playoffs

I never said you were an idiot, unless you're blaming solely Malkin for the loss?

ha ha

No it wasn't all Malkin's fault - I thought he looked pretty good for the most part - it's just not a good time to reshuffle all the lines for one guy - that's what i'm saying

and he IS just one guy

Leave him with Sid, I'm OK with that, but if they are doing it to save his ego from being bruised by putting him on the 3rd line then I have a problem

No one is an idiot lol

And Coryea,

The team needs Malkin but they need to implement him gradually. Geno is an all-star NHLer. He'll get back up to speed

Murray in the cage tonight. Malkin with Sheary and Fehr. This should be something.

Glad MM is in net. Hope we kick some Ranger *** tonight!

I hope so too! Good start. Rangers settled down the pace. Get back to fast hockey. Good challange by Sullivan. Obvious off-sides but its MSG

Good little bout of hockey there. Then Geno with a penalty

FWIW, I think most teams play much better as a team in front of the backup goalie. With a star like Fleury, the team knows it can cheat and he can bail them out, so they get away from strong team play. As the team becomes more confident in the new goalie, they will likely revert to their old ways, especially when the stars take up many more minutes and the 1st and 2nd line guys playing now get much sparser minutes and feel the "need" to overdo it in limited time.

Going with a rookie/backup goalie into the playoffs isn't the worst thing.....

I dunno Con...the Pens were doing pretty freaking well with MAF in the crease as well. The rest...guess we'll have to wait and see. There seems to be a very good mentality among the Pens right now that says "team" to me more than I've seen since the Cup years. The yute revolution!

So who was in net and how was the team D tonight?

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

Murray is a GOD!!!

Loved the energy. Looked like they wanted the game more as the game went on.

Didn't we have more SOG, like 17-35 or something? Love it.

Good bounce back win. Would have liked another goal or two, but I'll take the overall performance. They really clamped down on the Rags. Only time they got on the board was when the PP fell asleep. Thank the maker Murray is back in net.

Sid's line was having their way with rags. Wore them out. Sheary and Crosby tiring out the opposition on the boards was a thing of beauty. King Henry isnt as invincible as many make him out to be. Time to take this series over

Status
Not open for further replies.