• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate these afternoon games. Pens usually don't play well. I hope that changes today.
I hope Tanger has his head on a swivel.

Sharks are for real this year, they blew through the over rated Kings - welcome home Scuderi!

I still think the Ducks might win the West, but I wouldn't bet on it - I know nothing about the Stars and Wild

San Jose has great team depth. The wild has some pretty good defensive depth but are on/off. The ducks may win. They remind me a lot of Tampa. Tampa is probably the only team that scares me right now in the East

I expect everything including the kitchen sink from the Rags. Just gotta survive that initial onslaught, Once it evens out, I think the Pens will be in good shape as long as the Rags don't run them over n the first 10 minutes.

It would be sweet to knock the Caps out yet again.

BOOM! Young Legs!!!

6-3

CgwmGJXWYAA7Elz.jpg

Bryan Rust became first rookie in Penguins history w/ 3+ points in a playoff game

Hank Yanked again

It doesn't get any easier than that!

------------------------

Rangers fully exposed in season-crushing embarrassment

It was 5:21 into the second period, and Bryan Rust had just scored the first of four unanswered goals for the Penguins. Lundqvist lay there, a beaten man and the example of a severely beaten team. It was ugly, it was hard to watch, and it was the end of the 2015-16 Rangers.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/23/rangers-fully-exposed-in-season-crushing-embarrassment/

Last edited:
they didn't just exorcise the demons, they beat the **** out of them.

Pens are on fire, chasing Hank in back to back games has them all worried now!

So do we keep Murray in net when Fleury is healthy.....ride the hot hand?

That's going to be the next big question

Last edited:
no reason to mess with the man in the net. I think MM can handle it. He has, so far. The Rags were definitely exposed. It will not be that easy against the Craps, but I'm not concerned as much as I was 2-3 months ago.

no reason to mess with the man in the net. I think MM can handle it.

I'd stay with him too, they play hard in front of him

Rangers knew they were toast

24rangers-master675.jpg

“The second period, it was a feeling of embarrassment to give up that many goals,” Lundqvist said. “But also a sense of hopelessness.”

“We just got beat,” defenseman Marc Staal said. “We got beat by the better team. They were better than us. All series.”

“The way they play the game, that’s what we used to do to teams,” Rangers forward Derick Brassard said, “And they did it to us now.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/s...est&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection&_r=0

Missed the first period, saw the second and it was friggen glorious. On to round 2!

So do we keep Murray in net when Fleury is healthy or ride the hot hand?

Keep playing Murray. Stay with the hot hand. Do you really think Fluery would be better after not playing for a month? I think Fluery might know his days as a Pen might be ending.

Reactions: MTC
Keep playing Murray. Stay with the hot hand. Do you really think Fluery would be better after not playing for a month? I think Fluery might know his days as a Pen might be ending.

I agree, no need to mess with the net. Murray has shown he is up to the task. Unless he has a stinker or two in a row, he has to be the man.

I freaking love it! Talk about sweet redemption from the heartache of the last two years! I just had a feeling this would happen this year with the issue's the Rangers have and the way the Pens are playing. I think this team will make a few more goaltenders look bad before this is all said and done.

I hope the Cryers force a game 7 today and wear the Caps out!

Game 7's are the best - when you're not in them. yeah - sit back for a week and watch now - we got some time off

Blues/Hawks in a game 7 - haven't even talked about them. I thought sure Blues would have finished them off by now. Guess not.

Game 7's are the best - when you're not in them. yeah - sit back for a week and watch now - we got some time off

Blues/Hawks in a game 7 - haven't even talked about them. I thought sure Blues would have finished them off by now. Guess not.

I'm predicting a Pens-Hawks final. Now that would be a spectacle.

Not going to happen.....yet. ,

yet

Pittsburgh Penguins: Expansion Draft Means Tough Decisions

The NHL General Manager’s meetings concluded with discussion around how a potential expansion draft would work and what impact it will have on current teams. A few key points that came from those conversations are as follows…

1.) If the NHL were to expand by one team, each franchise would lose no more than one player. If there are two expansion teams, it would mean that each team could lose up to two players.

2.) Teams could have a few different options on who they protect. They can either protect eight skaters and one goalie, whereas those skaters can be forwards or defensemen or they can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie.

3.) Unsigned draft picks are automatically protected, such as someone playing overseas or in college, as are first-and-second-year pros. Keep in mind, that means that AHL seasons will have counted toward their professional tenure. So, for example, both Matt Murray and Tristan Jarry will be past that point and could be drafted if the Penguins don’t protect one of them.

Which Approach Best Suits the Penguins?

First, consider that the Penguins’ roster will be much different in the summer of 2017, which is when an expansion draft is likely to happen.

Chris Kunitz, Nick Bonino and Trevor Daley will hit unrestricted free agency that spring, while Brian Dumoulin, Conor Sheary, Derrick Pouliot and Matt Murray will be restricted free agents. Names will also be added and subtracted this offseason and throughout the 2016-17 season. Will the possibility of a 2017 expansion draft have an impact on decision-making in the near future?

Is it Fleury or Murray?

Teams obviously covet goaltending. True NHL starters aren’t exactly easy to come by and while I don’t believe you need stellar goaltending to compete for a championship, you do need consistently good net-minding. That will be a focus of any expansion team.

Exposing Marc-Andre Fleury will almost assuredly mean his departure. Very few teams have the luxury of a Matt Murray already in their system, so most goalies of Fleury’s echelon will be protected. And, what organization wouldn’t love to have someone of that caliber manning the crease while you build a franchise?

For the Penguins, it’s an unfortunate case of having to choose between the future of the franchise and the current workhorse who got them this far. I’m a huge supporter of Fleury and appreciate the work he has done in Pittsburgh but the answer is easy.

Given the Penguins’ cap situation and the fact that Murray will be signing his first non-entry-level deal, combined with his age and extremely high ceiling, Murray has to be protected. I knew that a decision at the goaltender was approaching for Pittsburgh but it seems that outside of normal business decisions, their hand is going to be forced.

http://thehockeywriters.com/pittsburgh-penguins-expansion-draft-means-tough-decisions/

I'm predicting a Pens-Hawks final. Now that would be a spectacle.

San Jose is quietly getting up there. The Hawks are the dynasty team but I can't see them making it again. All bias aside the Pens have the talent to get there. A lot of dangerous lines and speed. What helps is the youth on the team play like veterans

bawk bawk bawk

parrots

YOUNG LEGS!

He's a young Hagelin

I'm glad they held the shutout - huge game for our rookie goalie too.

I can't believe NY press is putting this on Hank - their whole team got outplayed

CgpX5eIUYAAcsft.jpg

He's already Hagelin's equal. Just needs more experience. I predict he'll be far better than Hagelin.

Sharks are for real this year, they blew through the over rated Kings - welcome home Scuderi!

I still think the Ducks might win the West, but I wouldn't bet on it - I know nothing about the Stars and Wild

Some pick Dallas to win it all.

San Jose has great team depth. The wild has some pretty good defensive depth but are on/off. The ducks may win. They remind me a lot of Tampa. Tampa is probably the only team that scares me right now in the East

Tampa is the wild card in this whole scenario.

Letang will be ok. I think the Pens will come out sloppy. Finish strong. Prediction 5-2 good guys

close enough for karma, lol.

Yeah but....."u must spread some around,bla,bla."

So do we keep Murray in net when Fleury is healthy.....ride the hot hand?

See below.

I thought sure Blues would have finished them off by now. Guess not.

As did I.

There will be plenty of teams with tandem goal tending which will expose a decent NHL quality goal tender. You protect Flower and expose Murry. (That is how it would be today) No telling what the Pens will do by the time the expansion draft occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.