• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be plenty of teams with tandem goal tending which will expose a decent NHL quality goal tender. You protect Flower and expose Murry. (That is how it would be today) No telling what the Pens will do by the time the expansion draft occurs.

Murray is the future. Love Fleury, but I think Pens may let him out. Unless we get lucky and can keep both. I know the guy gets a lot of heat from his post season performances, but Fleury has been a rock for us through out. Hate to say it but we gotta move on

now they take it to the Craps.

I was hoping for another game so the Phlyers could thug it up some, but this is about what I expected.

Holtby is having a great year, the rest isn't skeery.

gonna be a heck of a series. Ovie has never gotten past Round 2. He will be sure to bring it. Pens need to keep their heads up, play smart and they should have success. Flyers gave them all they can handle. Pens should be even tougher for them.

Tough way for the wild to lose that one. Almost pulled out the comeback. Though I'm not entirely sure that puck wasn't over the line.

Tough way for the wild to lose that one. Almost pulled out the comeback. Though I'm not entirely sure that puck wasn't over the line.

NBC stopped the replay, they should have continued to see if it ever crossed the line. That was about as close as it could get.

I'm predicting a Pens-Hawks final. Now that would be a spectacle.

Pens Sharks would be my guess

Scorned teams that crashed and burned so many times lately get a revival

Pens-Hipster Beards is a definite possibility.

It would be a good way to get the monkey off our back inside the SAP arena. Before that win back in oct? Pens have never won in that building since 1997

Any thoughts on the series coming up against the cap? Not really fearing this team. Pens need to come out strong at the Verizon center. The caps will try to slow down the pace and play a physical game. Pens can play physical. I say pass and distribute the puck on the outside, play puck possession and screen out Holtby

It's been great seeing the team use young hungry talent to really boost it into being exceptional. ******* chewed up the rangers and spit them out in the second period yesterday. That's the best period of hockey i've seen in a long time. i just kept going wow. like piranha attacking

Any thoughts on the series coming up against the cap? Not really fearing this team. Pens need to come out strong at the Verizon center. The caps will try to slow down the pace and play a physical game. Pens can play physical. I say pass and distribute the puck on the outside, play puck possession and screen out Holtby

Just keep doing what they are doing. Keep pedal to the floor. I just hope we escape without injury.

NBC stopped the replay, they should have continued to see if it ever crossed the line. That was about as close as it could get.

Exactly, I kept yelling at the TV, go forward one more frame!

No we do NOT need to play physical.

That's how we always get in trouble. **** that - take the hit, keep playing, don't start whining to the refs or taking stupid penalties.

Use our speed, talent, play our game, get to the crease, throw pucks at the net.

Last edited:
I say Pens in 6 over the Caps

I demand more entertainment as we advance

I'll say Pens in 5. You want more entertainment, I want more rest for the team before the conference finals. And no need to play a physical game. The caps will try to make it a physical one. I think the Pens are able bodied to withstand that physicality. Screen out Holtby and let the offense do their magic. Defense is gonna have their hands full this one

Speed beats physical play. Make them pay for it on the score sheet.

The Caps have alot more talent that the Rangers do, they aren't as fast as we are, but I think we got a little careless in the Rangers series allowing some odd man rushes the other way, but the Rangers do not have the top end talent to capitalize on them that the Caps have. We still need to play fast, but just a little more cautious on the back end. The Caps Power play is alot better than NY's as well.

Speed usually beats physical play, as long as the speed doesn't get caught, should be a good series. Just like the Blackhawks/Blues, this would be a great Conference Finals, IMO they should reseed after each round.

When the **** is the schedule coming out?

I'll take a Thursday/Sat start - get this **** going, we don't need the rest

YOUNG LEGS!

No we do NOT need to play physical.

That's how we always get in trouble. **** that - take the hit, keep playing, don't start whining to the refs or taking stupid penalties.

Use our speed, talent, play our game, get to the crease, throw pucks at the net.

THIS. If the Pens stay patient as they have for the last 2 months, stick to their game and use the weapons they have (talent, speed, skill) I think the Caps are in trouble. Cannot take stupid penalties against the Caps, they will make you pay. The Caps played a team in Philly that plays a slow, plodding, physical game. Yesterday, the Phlyers looked like they were in slow motion. The Pens are a different animal. They have had teams dragging *** half way through the 2nd period. Hope the Caps are in shape.

Anybody just watch the blues and Hawks ? Blues fans loud and crazy,good series love playoff hockey!

Reactions: MTC
2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

The hockey gods have chosen the Blues...nice double pipe stop by the net to preserve the win.

One more game 7 on Wed. Ducks / Preds

So, when are we going to find out when the Pens/Caps series starts?

So, when are we going to find out when the Pens/Caps series starts?

I asked that too and nobody answered. I think they are waiting for all the 1st rd games to end first - Wed night is another game 7 - so after that

Status
Not open for further replies.