• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducks - Despres fumbled a puck and gave up the big goal - losing another game 7 on home ice

Bolts need a goalie, Isles came out scoring fast - I would have expected a better game

Bolts might really feel the losses of Stamkos and Stralman this round. And if their goaltending is shaky now, yeesh. Playoff format really helping the Isles this year as they so far got to avoid Caps, Pens and Rags.

Would be great to steal a win tonight in a hostile environment and set the tone early with our speed, tenacity and not play into the Capitals game

Nice! Have to go to a ******* wedding saturday. Dont want to miss game 1

Find the bar. Or it'd be my shortest appearance at a wedding ever.

It's not so much the physical game the penguins play. Its just ******* Ovechkin cheap shots the **** out of players. Pens need to stick to speed plain and simple. Lets gas these slow skating *******

This....^

Would be great to steal a win tonight in a hostile environment and set the tone early with our speed, tenacity and not play into the Capitals game

Maybe not so hostile? Lotsa Pens fans 'round those parts.

Speed kills and Rust never sleeps.

Find the bar. Or it'd be my shortest appearance at a wedding ever.

This....^

Maybe not so hostile? Lotsa Pens fans 'round those parts.

Speed kills and Rust never sleeps.

Dont know how my wife suckered me into attending the wedding. I do plan on some beer. And I do agree the Pens do decent in Washington. Set the tone early. If Philly gave these guys fits this Pens team has a chance

**** the Caps

Just win, baby

Reactions: MTC
**** the Caps

Just win, baby

Spike,

******* agreed. Lets put a whoopin on that capitals ***

I don't want to be in a hole right off the bat

Give me a reason to believe

Preds and Sharks will be a great series - I'll take the Sharks in the west

Last edited:
I can remember going to see the Pens at Verizon and it seemed like there were more Pens fans there than Caps fans. I don't think it's like that anymore.

Ducks - Despres fumbled a puck and gave up the big goal - losing another game 7 on home ice
I remember you being a huge Depres fan, and whining when he left.
Have you reconsidered?

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

Despres was strong but not the greatest puck handler....he' still young

Murray...our young Holtby

Be the best

Shut them out!

Keep the speed coming. Pens have control. Small mistakes are building up cause the caps take advantage. Dont give these guys anything easy and the Pens can get the W tonight

Have you reconsidered?

Despres' upside is youth and size. I think he would be a benefit on the D's end here if he was still around. The Pens need to bring Shultz back. No rip on Lovejoy he is a smart player but his physical attributes do not keep up with his mind

Pens need to keep the foot on the pedal. Outplayed the caps in burst and had plenty of opportunities to put this game away. The guy behind the bench will get them right. I believe

Spike,

Hope your 5'2 groupie brings us some luck Saturday. We are still in this series. Bad turnover by Maatta killed the momentum. Get the jitters and the hype out and play some hockey boys

As a guy who doesn't follow the Pens like you guys do, it was awesome to go and read this thread from the beginning. Got a great sense of how the season was going and the turnaround with the new guys and the different feel of the team through the ups and downs..very cool. Lot of great hockey fans in this thread.

I used to follow the Pens more closely and have always hated playing the Caps in the playoffs. Reseeding would have been nice this time.

Disappointing way to lose, puck just barely over the line. Thought they mostly had control of that game too. Never would have guessed Yoshi would have a hat trick. Just gotta bounce back Saturday.

refs cooked whatever the **** they eat in DC all night, and it still took the Ovie's a maybe goal in OT.

still not skeered.

Olli ****** up again - losing that 2-1 lead was the killer

45 shots? I suppose that was some good news - they weren't afraid to shoot

Wasn't impressed with the play at all at times. They are better than that. I was afraid with several off days we might see something like this. And if they are going to make it to the finals Murray has to play better. A couple of those goals were pretty weak.

Guess we will see what happens tomorrow.

Have you reconsidered?

I was too......still am. Wasn't so much that he was traded but who he was traded for a guy that isn't even on the team anymore.

Pens need to keep the foot on the pedal. Outplayed the caps in burst and had plenty of opportunities to put this game away. The guy behind the bench will get them right. I believe

I feel this way too.............Sully will get them refocused.

Disappointing way to lose, puck just barely over the line. Thought they mostly had control of that game too. Never would have guessed Yoshi would have a hat trick. Just gotta bounce back Saturday.

Craps weren't first seed for nothing and anyone who saw this as an easy series is in for a rude awakening, imo.

Wasn't impressed with the play at all at times. They are better than that. I was afraid with several off days we might see something like this. And if they are going to make it to the finals Murray has to play better. A couple of those goals were pretty weak.

Guess we will see what happens tomorrow.

I saw one weakling.......that's it. Maatta hasn't looked real sharp since his return. Maybe they need to activate Sistito for one game to deal with that talentless bum Wilson.

Sid was MIA - that was a bad sign

They absolutely need to stop forcing fancy *** passes

OT was an absolute stinkbomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.