• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was too......still am. Wasn't so much that he was traded but who he was traded for a guy that isn't even on the team anymore.

I feel this way too.............Sully will get them refocused.

Craps weren't first seed for nothing and anyone who saw this as an easy series is in for a rude awakening, imo.

I saw one weakling.......that's it. Maatta hasn't looked real sharp since his return. Maybe they need to activate Sistito for one game to deal with that talentless bum Wilson.

Maatta has a lot of PK time which is why he is on. The rest of the Pens D men are more offensive firepower except for maybe Pouliot. Again, Sullivan will get these guys right come saturday. That OT goal was a good play by Murray. If he was just to the right a little sooner. Blocked shot. Not worried. Caps played with a ton of emotion and energy for the home crowd in game 1. Pens young ones will get the jitters out. Caps were struggling with the speed at the beginning of the 1st, Pens dominated the 2nd and 3rd. Just bad puck luck

Sid was MIA - that was a bad sign

They absolutely need to stop forcing fancy *** passes

OT was an absolute stinkbomb.

Sid was MIA---but his line was generating some pressure

I wasn't happy with Malkin either - all those ******* behind the back blind drop passes drive me up the wall - shoot!

They need to come out with flying elbows and knees to Oshie

‎@JSportsnet
On the Tom Wilson/Conor Sheary hit...League will look how far off his route to the bench he deviates...Definitely late...Knee on knee.

‎@JSportsnet
On the Tom Wilson/Conor Sheary hit...League will look how far off his route to the bench he deviates...Definitely late...Knee on knee.

Yeah, that was total horseshit. I wish somebody went over and drilled that ******* into his own bench.

Moot point. He was no better and no worse than Ovie.

Ovie had an assist and his line scored 3 of the 4 goals, while Sid's line was on the ice for 3 of those 4 goals. I'm not sure I like matching Sid's line vs Backstrom either, would rather get Sid away from him.

No one getting on Dailey for a horrible attempt at clearing the puck that lead to their 3rd goal? He totally whiffed on it.

Yeah, that was total horseshit. I wish somebody went over and drilled that ******* into his own bench.

So do I, but then everyone hear would be bitching about that player taking a dumb penalty.

That hit pissed me off. Wilson was after out guys all game. Geno put him down a few times though. And Beagle! Lol. The dude was magnatized to hockey sticks I guess. I didnt like that call on Kessel btw

Sit Matta, play Shultz.

I was thinking that. But no. Maatta is much better than Shultz on the PK. Shultz brings a better offensive threat, but aside from a few crucial mishaps Maatta does ok

Moot point. He was no better and no worse than Ovie.

Ovie's line was a lot more physical. Sid's line had a few missed opportunities on some PP's. Bonino's line is solid. Hagelin was that close to banking one in the net. It was Daley I think that put too much heat on the pass

Meh. We played them pretty tough. Yeah Ovi's line was more physical. So what? Worst thing we could do it try and keep up with them on the rough stuff. Need to just keep skating. They got the lucky bounces last night, we didn't. I'm not worried yet.

Meh. We played them pretty tough. Yeah Ovi's line was more physical. So what? Worst thing we could do it try and keep up with them on the rough stuff. Need to just keep skating. They got the lucky bounces last night, we didn't. I'm not worried yet.

Exactly. Pens outplayed them. Keep skating and settle down the emotions. I like the guy behind the bench. Sullivan will test the waters before he unleashes whatever plan he has. The Pens will be ok. Let them goon it up. Benefits us in the long run. I'm just worried Ovie is gonna go for a cheap shot. We dont have the bodies big enough to step to him if/when it gets to that

Ovie had an assist and his line scored 3 of the 4 goals, while Sid's line was on the ice for 3 of those 4 goals. I'm not sure I like matching Sid's line vs Backstrom either, would rather get Sid away from him.

No one getting on Dailey for a horrible attempt at clearing the puck that lead to their 3rd goal? He totally whiffed on it.

Wasn't their third goal a direct result of Maata being stripped of the puck and got blown by? Or was that the second goal?

Maatta gave up the one that tied the game after the Pens had taken the lead in the second. Huge swing of momentum.

Let's go Pens!

Spike,
May your cray cray shawty bring us some luck tonight. Everytime the Pens score have her ride that hockey stick around the room.

Rod, Hamster, USDA, Coryea and every other I failed to mention. We need some party rockin vibes. Sadly I'm at a wedding today so no go. Taking some Labatt's for good vibes. Push for the cup starts now

Amen

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

Pecker reenie had 5 goals scored on him by the Sharks, in the 3rd, Sharks my bold prediction for winning the west.

we can't go 0-2.....just...can't

Maatta reminds me of a days gone by different Pens defensive men that wore number 3..

And it aint good memories..

Pecker reenie had 5 goals scored on him by the Sharks, in the 3rd, Sharks my bold prediction for winning the west.

we can't go 0-2.....just...can't[/QUOTE

Living in Vancouver ,I don't get to see my second favorite team play that often. They were really solid tonight. I thought Letang had a great game. This rookie goalie could make a name for himself ala Ken Dryden for the Habs when he stole the show in their cup run way back when. Did they say that the Pens never lost more than 2 games in a row all season? If so that is unreal in a long grueling season.

Great win boys!

Back to the Burgh...

I am expecting the next time we hit the nations capital...we will be up 3-1

If the moment doesn't get too big for Murray...we can do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.