• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught the last 7 minutes of the 3rd!!! Also heard about Orpik putting a dirty hit on Maatta. ****! Pens looked fast enough. Nice goal by Fehr

Hard to believe this wasn't a blowout with the way they out shot the Caps the first two periods but Murray was awesome!

That SOB Orpik better get at least 2 games for that bullshit.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

what a relief....Murray in God mode!!

great effort by everyone!

Olli looks broke again...suspend Orpik

Yeah, that was a dirty, dirty hit. Launched right into his head. Olli looked like he was on anther planet. Orpik deserves a suspension for that hit. Very late, and very dirty.

Orpik and Richards are both dirty ********. Pair that with the ridiculous make-up call on Letang. Great win. If the Pens continue to outshoot and outhandle the puck, no team will beat them.

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Coach Sullivan on Olli Maatta: "He's obviously out. We'll have more details probably tomorrow on his status."
10:27 PM - 30 Apr 2016

Really gutsy win for the Pens. I tell you, in playoff hockey games like that I think I actually get more tense (or more constantly tense) than when watching the Steelers. I really wanted that win. I hate the Caps. And Orpik is dead to me after that hit.

After the league went totally light on the sheary hit, Brooks must have thought anything goes. They better nail his ***. Good, tough victory for the Pens.

In minor league hockey news (for you Canadian viewers)

Maple Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd

i

After the league went totally light on the sheary hit, Brooks must have thought anything goes. They better nail his ***. Good, tough victory for the Pens.

I don't see how he doesn't get at least, one game. Maata's head wasn't down, it was clearly late and a damn headshot. Playoffs or not, the cheap **** is getting old.

Pens really needed that one last night and pulled it out. Extremely proud of them. Ovie's doughnut is a beautiful thing!

I was DJing a wedding during the game. Following the updates was all I had. Proud to say that I only yelled a little.

Go Pens!!

Reactions: MTC
Thoughts from watching the dvr last night:
-Caps are a dirty team. Wilson, Orpik, the Great Ape all take runs at our guys
-Looks like the Pens are getting into the caps like they did against the rags. This team is just skating circles around the caps. Now let the scoreboard show for it
-caps body checks are going against them now. I've seen a few Pens players square up the checks by the caps. And Letangs helmet ripped off twice.
-bs officiating. A lot in favor of the caps again. Clearly no tripping on Letang
-didnt get super drunk last night so no hangover---onto Console on monday. Lets go Pens

I was DJing a wedding during the game. Following the updates was all I had. Proud to say that I only yelled a little.

Go Pens!!

I was at a wedding pretty much all day. I was following updates too lol. Nice reception though. Family and beer made up for missing most of the game

I was at a wedding, as well. Escaped to see the first two periods, but had to catch the 3rd period updates on my phone.

Orpik deserves a suspension for the rest of the series. If the NHL is serious about protecting it's players, they will be heavy handed with this hit. But we all know it's just lip service. Goonery is part of the Canadian style of play.

Reactions: MTC
Orpik deserves a suspension for the rest of the series. If the NHL is serious about protecting it's players, they will be heavy handed with this hit. But we all know it's just lip service. Goonery is part of the Canadian style of play.

I agree. That hit was late. Goonery was a big part of the NHL's early days. I'm gonna guess since no Canadian teams are in the playoffs the NHL is letting the rules slip towards a Canadian style of play. There has been some badly officiated games this year. Not just us. I usually let the refs off hook because of the fast nature of the game, but when players are getting hurt as a result. Something needs to change

Remember when Or-PRICK played for the Pens and he was the cleanest player ever???...now...not so much.

Orpik played on the edge, but played somewhat clean and hard. What he did to Maata was cheap and late. If he was still a Penguin and did that to Backstrom, I'd still feel the same way. Play hard, but not dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.