• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well enjoy your three games off Orpik. You can hit the links early.

Orpik played on the edge, but played somewhat clean and hard. What he did to Maata was cheap and late. If he was still a Penguin and did that to Backstrom, I'd still feel the same way. Play hard, but not dirty.

As a Penguin, he was never a head hunter. Evidently, that is not the case with the Capitals.

Director of player safety Patrick Burke said Sunday in the video announcing the suspension that "this hit is forceful, unacceptably high and excessively late." Orpik's waiting a full second after Maatta released the puck for a shot and his "significant head contact" contributed to the suspension, as did Maatta's injury.

"No player should reasonably expect to be hit at this time and in this manner," Burke said.

Asked if Orpik plays any differently with Washington than he did with Pittsburgh, defenseman Kris Letang said, "Uh, no." Later in Game 2, Orpik knocked Letang's helmet off with a glove to the face after a whistle and continued to try to get under players' skin.

"It's part of the game," Letang said of Orpik's post-whistle antics. "I'm not there to judge about that. If they're going to let that go, it's fine. It's going to be equal for every team."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...3-games-hit-pittsburgh-penguins-d-olli-maatta

As a Penguin, he was never a head hunter. Evidently, that is not the case with the Capitals.

I liked him as a Penguin but he's had a few moments with us. Both him and Matt Cooke were players who kinda went for late hits. I remember back in 2014 a late hit Orpik put on Toews. Questionable but still

Dave Molinari ‎@MolinariPG
Derrick Pouliot is off the ice before Justin Schultz. Suggests Pouliot, not Schultz, is favorite to replace Maatta tonight.

Whiny ***** coach

Pierre LeBrun ✔ ‎@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Caps head coach Barry Trotz said he's not surprised at the length of the suspension given the team they are playing against.

Chris Johnston ✔ ‎@reporterchris
Barry Trotz says Orpik's suspension is so long because the hit came against the #pens. Asked to clarify: "Take it for whatever you want."

----------------

So Maatta was "pre-concussed" ???

Trotz also spoke to the "suspend to the injury" mentality in the NHL, saying that Maatta's injury could have been pre-existing.

“The League does a good job. It’s a tough job. It shouldn’t be based on injury, it should be based on situation. Looking at the previous series, I think Maatta might have been hurt in sorta the same way. Who knows? Maybe he got hit a couple of times and it has a lasting effect.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...-sh&soc_trk=tw

-----------------

Caps are a dirty team - that's all you have to know

CheHq9kXEAE1b-t.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder why Trotz had to have his neck surgically removed?
Anyway, **** him, and **** his goon squad. Another early exit coming right up.

This game will tell a lot on the direction of the series... the pens played it close on the road... if they can exploit matchups on home ice they can tilt this series their way in a big way... also we get to see whose 7th defenseman fits better

You've been to some lame weddings, brother.

Nonsense - Polish weddings are the best! - I've screwed more future wives of friends of mine there than anywhere

I know who stole the keeshka

This game will tell a lot on the direction of the series... the pens played it close on the road... if they can exploit matchups on home ice they can tilt this series their way in a big way... also we get to see whose 7th defenseman fits better

The Pens have a ton of speed and control the puck pretty well. If/when these guys learn to shoot on the power play again I see them putting up more points. No offense to Maatta but the guy has been a turnover machine lately. Pouliot should add some size and push in the defense to hold up for Murray. Let Maatta recover

Pens hafta win, I bet a Wings fan that the Pens would beat the Caps this game.

wish me luck!

Pens hafta win, I bet a Wings fan that the Pens would beat the Caps this game.

wish me luck!

They will. Its gonna be a physicsl first period I think. If the Pens can hit the net. Blowout win

Do you think Fleury is done in Pittsburgh? I think Murray is playing better than Fleury has in his playoff career. Fleury has had some spectacular games, but Murray seems flat out solid. I know its a small sample size, but so far it has been impressive. I am sure some teams will be after Murray to be there starter and I sure dont see Fleury as a backup goalie either. If you had to pick one which would you choose?

Do you think Fleury is done in Pittsburgh? I think Murray is playing better than Fleury has in his playoff career. Fleury has had some spectacular games, but Murray seems flat out solid. I know its a small sample size, but so far it has been impressive. I am sure some teams will be after Murray to be there starter and I sure dont see Fleury as a backup goalie either. If you had to pick one which would you choose?

I think so

Gotta ride the hot hand. I'd keep him in until/if he gets shelled. I bet he rides this wave to the C..

Pens seem too tentative. On 50/50 pucks they are going backwards instead of after it. I don't know if they are trying to sit on the lead or what

Pens seem too tentative. On 50/50 pucks they are going backwards instead of after it. I don't know if they are trying to sit on the lead or what

They pulled the ole Johnston turtle lead. Happy to get the win. Confidence booster

Status
Not open for further replies.