• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Fehr is a "game time decision". Good grief, please tell me Sestito isn't going to have to play. This is going to take a Herculean effort by the Pens tonight.

They'll get it done. **** the capitals. I'm pumped for this game

I'm drunk for this game

just in case

amen

Been drinking here too Spike

Craps are doing their best philly impersonation. Their game is dirtier than a Kardashian

The refs have certainly NOT swallowed their whistles.

The refs have certainly NOT swallowed their whistles.

I did not like the call on Hagelin. I thought that was a clean check on Oshit. I think the Pens are breaking the craps mind though. Let the craps take a dumb penalty. Hope Hagelin is ok too. Damn what a flip

Pouilot has looked a little rough in this game. And tj oshie is a total ******* *****.

Bad D leads to blowing the lead. Gonna be another nail biter in the 3rd.

Pens had several great chances in the 2nd to get a two goal lead and couldn't capitalize (har har). Now the Caps have the momentum back. Hope the Pens can get it together and have a good start to the third period.

Penguins are good at getting the rushes, but they seem unable to have sustained pressure. Not sure if it's due to the size difference or what

Pens wingers need to slow down on the rush to the net. Cullen off the crossbar!!! Ugh. Hornqvist if he slows down a bit probably would have banked that in. Pens D needs to move that puck fast. Craps forechecking is killing them

Pens had several great chances in the 2nd to get a two goal lead and couldn't capitalize (har har). Now the Caps have the momentum back. Hope the Pens can get it together and have a good start to the third period.
"A two goal lead is the worst lead in hockey. If they score, you're only up by one."
Wendel Clark, Toronto Maple Loaf Captain and lead scholar.

Thank you Horny!!! **** yeah. My liver took a beating tonight too

Reactions: JMM
Unreal! These games are aging me by 20 years. I really didn't think we would have pulled it out w/o Letang, but they played good enough to get the W. That's all that matters. Close the ******* out Saturday night!

I was listening to the game over the internet again tonight and I was really beginning to wonder if they were going to pull that one out after what sounded to be a pretty tired power play to close out the 3rd.

The funny thing was that they scored the winning goal as soon as I signed into SN to see if I could get some insight into what others might be seeing on the tube.

Awesome win, It would be friggin fantastic to see them knock off the top seeded team on Saturday, rest up for a few days and blitz the hell out of the next opponent. They are playing well at the right time. Spooky how reminiscent it is of the last time we had a rookie head coach take the reins mid-season

I thought the Pens would get run out of their own building without Letang. Glad I was wrong. Weber has to feel like dogshit. Guarantee he will not play game 5(Weber that is).

Proud of the guys, what a great team effort last night. Except for Pouliot. lol

I am spent - that game wore me out

Shoot the puck, go to the net boys!

I was pretty confident until the Caps scored the second goal. They could have easily stolen the game last night with another ticky-tack goal. We played a good game. Everyone stuck to the plan and didn't panic. Very proud and impressed with the boys.

Each game is hotly contested. The Pens are outshot, outchanced, outhit, and haven't had a power play goal in 4 games. Yet they lead 3-1!

Murray is for real. As a goalie myself, I'm really impressed how he closes his 5hole and slides. He does this smoother than any goalie I've seen. He also doesn't over slide, he's always in position. He also attacks the puck really well in close. When there are bodies around, he's not afraid to take an extra step up and aggressively attack the puck instead of waiting for the shot. He picks and chooses when he does it, so it can't be exploited as something he always does. I'm a huge fan of this kid, and I feel he's good enough to win out with. I also love Fluery. He has superior size, but if I'm the coach, I don't mess with his concussion, and I let him sit as long as possible to get him as close to 100% as he can be, before letting him back in a game. This isn't even a hot hand situation, Murray is legit. I'm happy to have 2 Championship caliber goalies on this squad, because right now, Murray is the difference in this series.

Great win boys!

Back to the Burgh...

I am expecting the next time we hit the nations capital...we will be up 3-1

If the moment doesn't get too big for Murray...we can do this!

The moment has not become too big for the young man!
As predicted...up 3-1 going back to DC.

Lets Go Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.