• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am worried because we have been outplayed for the most part. This series could easily be the other way around. I am not sure if the caps can play any better, but it is going to be tough to match their intensify especially at the start. If we lose this game Orpik will be back which will be a big physical and mental boost. I think this series is far from over.

I think the Pens have been out physicaled. Out played? Not exactly. The Pens have had some bad puck luck. Geno's line has had numerous scoring chances last game. Not mention a few pucks missed when the Pens crash the net. Now I do think the caps will come out with some intensity and will play aggressive at the start. If I'm the Pens in this situation you want the caps to throw all they have in the 1st and let them start wearing down as the game progresses. The speed of the Pens is hard to match for the caps. It will be fun

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Coach Sullivan: "Kris Letang will be back in. Everyone else is a game-time decision."

More "flukes" please

I agree somewhat..the caps seem to have a big TOP advantage while the pens are quick strike and have taken advantage of the opportunities given. I hope the puck possession does not grind the pens down

First off the Caps are stacking their top line in hopes of solving Murray, which they can get them matched with our third pairing at home, and get them away from Crosby's line that has bottled up ovie.

Secondly the pens have actually had a lot of bad puck luck, no matter what the Post says.... the pens have carried play the majority of the series, and most of the caps pushback has been vs defensive shells that have limited shots to outside harmless ones. The pens have had countless scoring chances hit crossbars, posts, or simply be flubbed. For a newspaper to argue that they are only ahead on luck is disingenuous.

Thirdly Tampa with Stamkos is far scarier than the Caps... Tampa has the speed to match the pens.. plus Stamkos will probably be on blood thinners or something so there is the chance he is severely injured on the ice, which is always a bad thing as well, since players wont want to check him effectively

If tonight's score after the first period has th e Pens ahead or equal, there is going to be some hand shaking tonight.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

Blues just bludgeoned the Stars to the brink....I don't like them big ******* either.

thumbring said:
I have a womancrush on Letang.

Of course you do. It's always about sex with you skirts.

If tonight's score after the first period has th e Pens ahead or equal, there is going to be some hand shaking tonight.

I agree. Gotta survive the onslaught of the first 10 minutes. Get through that ,and end the first as you said, it is over.

Reactions: MTC
**** you Malkin you lazy piece of ******* **** - bench his ***!

Caps are not gonna keep up. Too much energy expanded during those first 5 minutes. I am not worried one bit. Cracking open some cold ones tonight for a Pens victory and cheers to Steeler Nation

Doumalin ***** the bed. 2 goal lead is huge. Pens don't seem to have it tonight.

Great teams overcome. Pens will pull through. Believe

Caps are throwing all they got

Again, Pens showing if they skate the caps cant keep up. Still 20 minutes to go. If not, got these washington ***** tuesday

Bad night for sure. Would have been nice to get an early finish and some rest, but this Stanley Cup thing is brutal. No easy outs.

Reactions: MTC
Bad night for sure. Would have been nice to get an early finish and some rest, but this Stanley Cup thing is brutal. No easy outs.

No doubt. A team on the brink of elimination, home crowd and emotions. Pens will pull through

Bench Malkin - Pens just can't win in with both of them on the ice. $18 ******* million for 3 pts in 5 games. This disappearing act every year just pisses me off.

I predicted Pens in 6, but I don't have to like it.

Man this team was pitiful last night. The only guys that played with any kind of passion were Rust, Sheary, Murray. Everyone else seemed ready to be somewhere else. Malkin was especially bad, taking a couple stupid penalties and turning the puck over seemingly on command. That was the worst game I have seen this team play in 3 months. Awful. If the Pens play their game, they will close this out.

I wasn't expecting a good game from our boys last night. You could feel WASH wasn't going to be denied. The only thing concerns me for Game 6 is that Orpik comes back and could give them a boost. The Pens have to bring that intensity and fire to close them out Tuesday night. They can't go back to WASH for a Game 7. They need to bring the speed and play smart. They didn't do that last night. Too many stupid, lazy penalties. Doumolin was terrible and their passing was off. They are not taking the shot, passing too much and those freakin' drop passes DO NOT work. Hoping the crowd blows the Caps out of the building. The Pens need everything to send them packing. They can do it! I still would go with Murray. He played well enough to keep him in there. He got them this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.