• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't expecting a good game from our boys last night. You could feel WASH wasn't going to be denied. The only thing concerns me for Game 6 is that Orpik comes back and could give them a boost. The Pens have to bring that intensity and fire to close them out Tuesday night. They can't go back to WASH for a Game 7. They need to bring the speed and play smart. They didn't do that last night. Too many stupid, lazy penalties. Doumolin was terrible and their passing was off. They are not taking the shot, passing too much and those freakin' drop passes DO NOT work. Hoping the crowd blows the Caps out of the building. The Pens need everything to send them packing. They can do it! I still would go with Murray. He played well enough to keep him in there. He got them this far.

The start of the game the caps played with a lot of intensity, yet as a fan I felt pretty calm. After the goal by Kunitz I thought the Pens were gonna just run away with that game. It's good that they got brought back down to earth. The vibe I got is the Pens expected to be handed a win. I'd stick with Murray too. Wtf was up with Hornqvist? Did Sullivan bench him to settle him down? I think that missed opportunity tinkered with his head. Regardless of all that, expect different results and a hungry Pens team on tuesday. Hope Console will be rocking. Lets end this series

Man this team was pitiful last night. The only guys that played with any kind of passion were Rust, Sheary, Murray. Everyone else seemed ready to be somewhere else. Malkin was especially bad, taking a couple stupid penalties and turning the puck over seemingly on command. That was the worst game I have seen this team play in 3 months. Awful. If the Pens play their game, they will close this out.

Yeah it was a bad night and thats what bugged me about the loss is that they just played sloppy. power play opportunities and too much passing. Just shoot the ******* puck. Teams have bad nights though. Just a gonna be a grinding series. These guys are pro hockey players. Cant expect anything easy

. Wtf was up with Hornqvist? Did Sullivan bench him to settle him down? I think that missed opportunity tinkered with his head. Regardless of all that, expect different results and a hungry Pens team on tuesday. Hope Console will be rocking. Lets end this series

Kunitz scored - no wonder we lost - lots of speculation that maybe Horny is injured, that's why he didn't play the 3rd

or who Sullivan was screaming at on the bench

https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/729123866103009281/photo/1

"SHUT UP!" or
"SHUT YOUR TRAP!"

maybe he was yelling at Sid

Sullivan on Hornqvist sitting in the third period. #StanleyCup

Ch5oq-OXEAA5WHg.jpg

So he played old and slow Kunitz? THAT was his solution?

Oh well, maybe Orpik coming back will actually help us, they played a LOT faster than the Pens that game.

Then there's this...

Kris Letang's wife posted on IG that she has had a miscarriage. Thoughts & prayers go out to the Letang family.

We wanted to win it at home anyways, right?

Last edited:
Ouch! Condolences to the Letang's.

Maybe Hornqvist is hurt. Cause I know Sullivan wouldn't put Kunitz over him in clutch games like that---??? Or would he??? O.o

Eh, bad night for us hockey fans. It happens

This team needs to stay out of the penalty box..........especially against the Caps. Not only does it increase scoring chances for them, and builds their confidence, but it takes us completely out of our game plan. If Sully was pissed off at anything, it should be this. And Malkin needs to get his head out his ***. Oh, and, anyone see where Sidney Crosby went? That was a sad performance last night.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

Get your tickets for TampaBay

I saw the HC is not saying who will start in goal. I think it will be a huge mistake to start fleury. He will probably be rusty. This is not a game you throw a goalie into who has not played forever.

I am 0-2 this playoffs. NOT going anymore and hope that there is not an option with game 7

Pretty simple. The Pens need to score first and be leading after 2 periods.

Pretty unbeatable when they do that. And I still firmly believe this team will NOT lose 3 games in a row to the Caps. This is not the Pens teams of the last few years.

I will send you Supe's address. He has plenty of room.

I can get tickets before they go on sale to the general public. However, with the speed at which they are bought, I can, usually, only get one game (the 3rd home game, generally). If you want, I can get you a ticket to that. Depends on timing as to whether I have the cash to purchase it up-front for you.

Also, not sure how many I can buy. Someone here wants me to get them a couple, I think.

If you want 1 or 2 tickets, PM me and I will see what I can do. I can try for home game 1 or 2, but those are usually unavailable.

To prevent me from being called a jinxer, I'll wait till after tomorrow to say anything more

Reactions: MTC
Well Ark,

It will be a good series. I do think Pens will advance. So just saying. Kucherov is a beast and will be the factor for you guys

Well Ark,

It will be a good series. I do think Pens will advance. So just saying. Kucherov is a beast and will be the factor for you guys

It should be a good series. Kutcherov and Bishop have been awesome.

No idea when Stamkos and Stralman will be back. That will help some. I'm surprised we won both series 4-1 without those two.

To prevent me from being called a jinxer, I'll wait till after tomorrow to say anything more

Pre-sale is Wednesday at 9am EST....finish it off next game!!

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

So you're a hardcore Bolts fan now...that explains a lot

Pre-sale is Wednesday at 9am EST....finish it off next game!!

Pens will Pens will. I don't believe in jinx. I think Spike does need his shawty for this game doe. Gotta mail this one in and move on

I am 0-2 this playoffs. NOT going anymore and hope that there is not an option with game 7

We don't have cable and every time I have had a chance to catch them on network TV (NBC) they have lost. I'm going back to the Tune-In Radio Ap the next time they are on the tube.

I would like to see their record when they are up 3-1 and have a chance to win the series on the road. Seems like they always lose that game. Almost like they want to play another game at home. Granted it would mean more revenue.

My truck is fueled up - I just need a reason to head to Tampa

I'm there

So you're a hardcore Bolts fan now...that explains a lot

Since I moved here. Started buying partial season tickets in 2009 or 2010. Watch parts of most games on TV, but can hardly catch full games.

Well, I could sit next to a Bolts fan, for a price

How big is Supe's driveway?

Status
Not open for further replies.