• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were done after that meltdown in the third. This team may have what it takes - they showed a lot of resilience to bounce back from that.
Still, Malkin and Crosby need to step up sooner or later.

Pens went up 3-0. I thought they had it sewn up, and turned it off.

Lightning fans know nothing about hockey. The 3-0 lead is the worst.

and I told you Orpik coming back would help us - he saved our season with his high stick work - ha ha

I thought they were done after that meltdown in the third. This team may have what it takes - they showed a lot of resilience to bounce back from that.
Still, Malkin and Crosby need to step up sooner or later.

I think it says a lot about this team the way they came out in OT after that 3rd period debacle. Like we all know this is NOT the team that blew series leads the last few years.

Like I said earlier score first and take a lead into 3rd period = win. 45-0.....Although they tried their damnedest to end that streak last night and I think I might have had a slight stroke before the overtime began....

The Craps are too good to think they would have gone quietly.

yeah, but the Pens were beating them, it seemed, worse than the 3-0 score. Very physical.

I was hoping the Caps/Pens would beat each other up for one more game. Next game may be Friday and I won't be home, yet. I don't, usually, go to game 1, anyway, though.

yeah, but the Pens were beating them, it seemed, worse than the 3-0 score. Very physical.

I was hoping the Caps/Pens would beat each other up for one more game. Next game may be Friday and I won't be home, yet. I don't, usually, go to game 1, anyway, though.

You are right, they were beating them more than the score indicated, but history shows that they are a one-goal difference in the final score. The Pens like to keep things interesting. Like three straight delay of game penalties. smh

Playing two out of three periods won't get the cup.

Are Malkin and Crosby still on this team?

Playing two out of three periods won't get the cup.

Are Malkin and Crosby still on this team?

Agreed. The Pens have the talent to win the cup. Those first 40 minutes last night showed it. The Pens forgot there was a 3rd period

So i can have those tickets for free?

No.....One thing about having to take on the Caps or the Pens, my tickets will, definitely, sell.

One game against the Blackhawks last year paid for all of my playoff tickets.

Conference Finals Game 1

Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Fri, May 13

8:00 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC,

No.....One thing about having to take on the Caps or the Pens, my tickets will, definitely, sell.

One game against the Blackhawks last year paid for all of my playoff tickets.

I bet. When you have historic teams like the Blackhawks, Bruins, Pens. Those tickets must be sought after

For the record, I think the HBK line benefits from Crosby and Malkin lines attracting the opponents top lines . Having said that, Hags is becoming one of my favorite players. That whole line is killer, and fun to watch.

For the record, I think the HBK line benefits from Crosby and Malkin lines attracting the opponents top lines . Having said that, Hags is becoming one of my favorite players. That whole line is killer, and fun to watch.

They can all score. That line is not afraid to shoot the puck either. Which is what lacks with Malkins and Crosbys line

I have been hard on Crosby in the past but I actually think he's played fine - shots are just not going in. And both he and Malkin have a tendency to pass rather than shoot the puck. Gets on my nerves sometimes.
I've been a big Malkin fan, but he has not played that well in the playoffs. Don't know if it's his injury or what, but he's invisible for long periods. Hoping that will change ... and soon!

What you say this time?

I say Pens in 6 over the Bolts

This will be a really interesting series. I had little doubt against the Rangers or Capitals, as our speed advantage played directly against their weaknesses. not so much now against the Bolts.

Looks like our depth scoring is better

Ondrej Palat - Tyler Johnson - Nikita Kucherov
15 goals and 29 points in 10 games.

Alex Killorn - Valtteri Filppula - Jonathan Drouin
5 goals and 22 points in 10 games.

Cedric Paquette - Brian Boyle - Ryan Callahan
4 goals and 8 points in 10 games.

Matt Taormina - Vladislav Namestnikov - Jonathan Marchessault
1 goals and 3 points in 10 games.

----------------------------------

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
10 goals and 23 points in 11 games.

Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
11 goals and 30 points in 11 games.

Kunitz-Malkin-Fehr
6 goals and 15 points in 11 games.

Kühnhackl-Cullen-Rust
7 goals and 13 points in 11 games.

I say Pens in 6 over the Bolts

This will be a really interesting series. I had little doubt against the Rangers or Capitals, as our speed advantage played directly against their weaknesses. not so much now against the Bolts.

Looks like our depth scoring is better

Ondrej Palat - Tyler Johnson - Nikita Kucherov
15 goals and 29 points in 10 games.

Alex Killorn - Valtteri Filppula - Jonathan Drouin
5 goals and 22 points in 10 games.

Cedric Paquette - Brian Boyle - Ryan Callahan
4 goals and 8 points in 10 games.

Matt Taormina - Vladislav Namestnikov - Jonathan Marchessault
1 goals and 3 points in 10 games.

----------------------------------

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
10 goals and 23 points in 11 games.

Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
11 goals and 30 points in 11 games.

Kunitz-Malkin-Fehr
6 goals and 15 points in 11 games.

Kühnhackl-Cullen-Rust
7 goals and 13 points in 11 games.

I will say Pens in 5. What makes this match up so interesting is the Bolts ability to fly around the ice like the Pens. I think the Pens depth can and should take over this series. If Bonino's line starts garnering opposing attention, expect a breakout series from Sid's or Geno's line. That's what I love about the Pens this series is any line is capable of scoring. This will be a very fast intense chess match. Bishop is a damn good goalie, however I believe taking out Lundqvist and Holtby should give the guys enough confidence to put some pucks behind the net

I think we will see a deja vu series of the Caps with TB. Tight games, nailbiters that could go either way. Sid and Geno have to contribute to scoring goals to get past the Bolts. I also think we will see MAF in Game 1. Not sure how I feel about that. I think MM has been solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.