• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can stand all of the remaining teams...even the Lightning... there really are no great rivals left... I'm still sticking with my Dream that the Pens beat the Sharks for the cup till it is proven wrong

Do we do predictions here? I say we take game one 4-3

I will say 5-2. the first game will be lopsided one way or the other. I believe the pens will prove to be the faster and deeper team. I assume we will try a heavy fore-check and puck possession out of the gate. If the Bolts do outplay us, we may need to adjust the scheme for game 2 to more trapping and counterattacking and falling back on D rather than jumping into the play in the offensive zone

I'm usually bad at predicting games and scores, especially the first game of a series where both teams are feeling each other out. I hope we freight train them tonight, but I'm just not sure how it will play out. Bishop could stand on his head, but Murray could, too. I have that nervous excitement going on. . .

that's the scuttlebutt on the radio and online. Some people have a hard-on for MAF to get in there. I'd ride MM, as well, but all I'm hearing is that we have a SC winning goalie on the bench for a 21 y.o.and MAF needs to play to start the series if he's going to play.

What kinda **** you been listening to?

What radio? What forums?

give me a link and I'll go and rip those stupid ******* heads off for even suggesting it

Benching our MVP? - completely ridiculous

I agree that if fleury is going to play he should play early in this series. However I would stick with MM. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I like our chances in this series. I thought the caps would be a tough out. I still don't understand how the 1-2 seeds played in round 2.

Madden tried making the argument yesterday that if Ben were out for awhile and LJ won 8 in a row, wouldn't you put Ben back in? That's a ridiculous comparison to me. I hate the terminology of "apples and oranges" but it fits here. For one thing, as ludicrous as it might seem there seems to be a much greater superstition / momentum belief aspect to hockey and hockey players. You just don't mess with the starting GT when he's winning and playing as well as MM has been. Then there's the fact that it seems much harder for a hockey player to get back in "game shape" mentally and physically. In a seven game series there isn't time to work through the off time quirks. I love MAF, but we've seen him get mental in the PO's and the pressure on him if he returned would be incredible. That's my 2 cents anyhow. MM should stay in and if until he folds.

I can stand all of the remaining teams...even the Lightning... there really are no great rivals left... I'm still sticking with my Dream that the Pens beat the Sharks for the cup till it is proven wrong

Yeah. The Pens / Bolts match up well but the Pens have the edge in D and O and I'd call the net minders even. Pens are much deeper and that could make all the difference.

Barry Melrose is picking the Bolts - whew, now I'm sure we'll win

I'm not making this **** up, I watched him say it - pretty much saying we don't stand a chance

Something about how beating the Caps was no big deal because they beat them every year, or something. Yeah. Sure. He's picking the Bolts because the Pens needed to win 2 OT games vs the Caps and Crosby and Malkin didn't produce in that series and therefore are done as elite hockey players, while Tampa is amazing for only needing 10 games to beat the Wings and Isles and the chance of getting Stamkos back, or something....yeah - he used to be the Bolts head coach, but he still sucks.

Watch the clip at the end

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...fs-pittsburgh-penguins-vs-tampa-bay-lightning

I am hoping for the Pens vs Blues, avoid the west coast travel and late games

Run them out of the building Geno!

Life is good - I went from having the boat anchors of Glass, Adams and Scuderi to complain about every game to....Kunitz. Almost finished.

Barry Melrose is picking the Bolts - whew, now I'm sure we'll win

I'm not making this **** up, I watched him say it - pretty much saying we don't stand a chance

Something about how beating the Caps was no big deal because they beat them every year, or something. Yeah. Sure. He's picking the Bolts because the Pens needed to win 2 OT games vs the Caps and Crosby and Malkin didn't produce in that series and therefore are done as elite hockey players, while Tampa is amazing for only needing 10 games to beat the Wings and Isles and the chance of getting Stamkos back, or something....yeah - he used to be the Bolts head coach, but he still sucks.

Watch the clip at the end

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...fs-pittsburgh-penguins-vs-tampa-bay-lightning

All I have to say is **** Barry Melrose

Run them out of the building Geno!

Life is good - I went from having the boat anchors of Glass, Adams and Scuderi to complain about every game to....Kunitz. Almost finished.

Kunitz plays good in burst then goes down again. That first period against the caps last game, Kunitz was whooping some ***. Then later he gets called for tripping and delay of game. Such is the life of hockey

Sounds bad for Bishop. That sucks

That was bad. I'm taking a guess an achilles. And now Johnson is hurt. That was a clean hit by Kunitz though

Thoughts so far regarding the game. Bolts are a lot faster than us. But when then Pens have the puck they do possess better. It's a matter of time before the Pens get some goals

Thanks for the update, MTC. Its hard to tell by listening to the broadcast how they are doing. It was disappointing they got nothing from the 5 minute major. It sounds like they need to wake up.

OMG you killed Ben!!!

Vasilevsky is a good backup. He ain't Ben Bishop good, though.

Gonna miss all but third period, it seems. May miss part of that.

Thanks for the update, MTC. Its hard to tell by listening to the broadcast how they are doing. It was disappointing they got nothing from the 5 minute major. It sounds like they need to wake up.

No prob. The Bolts are outskating the Pens. It's nothing too out of the ordinary. Kinda like how the Pens looked against the Caps at times. I think a goal can get them in it. Pens have had some opportunities but also some turnovers

This is a back and forth game. Pens problem tonight. Turnovers. Just like the washington series there were chances to score. Tampa is really good center ice and once in the offensive zone. I still think the Pens control the puck better when they get going. Gonna be an intense 3rd period I think

Meh can't blame malkin for this one. He was at least shooting...still some sloppy play though. Maata is bad he should not play this year again.
I think the pens have caps hangover. They were flat. It was a poor effort against a depleted team.

Meh can't blame malkin for this one. He was at least shooting...still some sloppy play though. Maata is bad he should not play this year again.
I think the pens have caps hangover. They were flat. It was a poor effort against a depleted team.

Sloppy for sure. It's game 1 though. I thought the team had spurts and moments. Just a bad night. Callahan is a dirty player too btw. Suspensions should be coming for Tampa for a couple of players I think. Next game up

Status
Not open for further replies.