• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see a deja vu series of the Caps with TB. Tight games, nailbiters that could go either way. Sid and Geno have to contribute to scoring goals to get past the Bolts. I also think we will see MAF in Game 1. Not sure how I feel about that. I think MM has been solid.

Wait.................

What?!

Fri - Mon - Wed - Fri - Sun - Tues

Anton Stralman, other injured Lightning work toward return

There were moments Wednesday when defenseman Anton Stralman skated alongside usual partner Victor Hedman in drills.

Wing J.T. Brown joined the fourth line in rushes with Vladislav Namestnikov and Erik Condra at the Ice Sports Forum.

It seemed like old times.

Not so fast, coach Jon Cooper said. Though Stralman (fractured left leg) and Brown (upper body) participated in their first full team practice since they were injured, Cooper said that didn't necessarily mean both would be available Friday for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.

"I will just set the record straight now. All injured players are indefinite," Cooper said. "Don't read anything into the (color of the practice) jerseys (denoting status). Don't read anything into anything until you see them at the game. It's unfair to the players. When they're in, we'll let you know when they're going to be in.

"No use in putting time lines on guys. They usually turn out to be wrong anyway. It's all speculation."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...-injured-lightning-work-toward-return/2276908

Last edited:
I also think we will see MAF in Game 1.

Good Lord why? MAF shrinks in the playoffs. If the Pens go up 3 games to 0, I would throw him in a game but otherwise no way. Ride MM, he got you past the President Cup winners.

Reactions: MTC
Murray is our guy in net til he melts down. No need to change the team right now. Just address add to a lead. See St. Louis massacre Dallas? Pens can do that but go into prevent mode once they have a lead

Murray is our guy in net til he melts down.

ayep - the Bolts can score, so we have to see but,

Benching our MVP? - completely ridiculous, something you would read from the PPG

Last edited:
Conference Finals Game 1

Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Fri, May 13

8:00 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC,

Hate the date. But it's the 13th for both I guess.

For the record, I think the HBK line benefits from Crosby and Malkin lines attracting the opponents top lines . Having said that, Hags is becoming one of my favorite players. That whole line is killer, and fun to watch.

That they are....

Fri - Mon - Wed - Fri - Sun - Tues

Anton Stralman, other injured Lightning work toward return

There were moments Wednesday when defenseman Anton Stralman skated alongside usual partner Victor Hedman in drills.

Wing J.T. Brown joined the fourth line in rushes with Vladislav Namestnikov and Erik Condra at the Ice Sports Forum.

It seemed like old times.

Not so fast, coach Jon Cooper said. Though Stralman (fractured left leg) and Brown (upper body) participated in their first full team practice since they were injured, Cooper said that didn't necessarily mean both would be available Friday for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.

"I will just set the record straight now. All injured players are indefinite," Cooper said. "Don't read anything into the (color of the practice) jerseys (denoting status). Don't read anything into anything until you see them at the game. It's unfair to the players. When they're in, we'll let you know when they're going to be in.

"No use in putting time lines on guys. They usually turn out to be wrong anyway. It's all speculation."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...-injured-lightning-work-toward-return/2276908

Head games begin.

Good Lord why? MAF shrinks in the playoffs. If the Pens go up 3 games to 0, I would throw him in a game but otherwise no way. Ride MM, he got you past the President Cup winners.

that's the scuttlebutt on the radio and online. Some people have a hard-on for MAF to get in there. I'd ride MM, as well, but all I'm hearing is that we have a SC winning goalie on the bench for a 21 y.o.and MAF needs to play to start the series if he's going to play.

Last edited:
that's the scuttlebutt on the radio and online.

What kinda **** you been listening to?

What radio? What forums?

give me a link and I'll go and rip those stupid ******* heads off for even suggesting it

Benching our MVP? - completely ridiculous

what a great run so far. I'm going to try my *** off to get to tampa for one game of this series if i can swing it.

What kinda **** you been listening to?

What radio? What forums?

give me a link and I'll go and rip those stupid ******* heads off for even suggesting it

Benching our MVP? - completely ridiculous

man, take your pick, The Fan, Madden, KDKA Nightly Call Show, fbook, etc. The only thing it seems the yum-yums are talking about. I think they are just waiting for MM to fail.

man, take your pick, The Fan, Madden, KDKA Nightly Call Show, fbook, etc. The only thing it seems the yum-yums are talking about. I think they are just waiting for MM to fail.

oh that explains it - yinzer **** from football fans that only watch hockey during the playoffs

nevermind

Barry Melrose is picking the Bolts - whew, now I'm sure we'll win

As long as we don't have none of those ***** from NBCSN picking us. No beef with Keith Jones, Doc, Eddie or Kathryn. But the rest of those *****, especially Milbury can suck a fat one.

Kevin Weeks is picking the Bolts too man. I'd rather have the Pens as underdogs. Less pressure on them

I think the Pens can get this series in their favor though. I don't think the Bolts bottom six can match with ours. The Bolts head coach is a smart guy though. So between him and Sullivan. This is gonna be one hell of a series

For the record, I think the HBK line benefits from Crosby and Malkin lines attracting the opponents top lines . Having said that, Hags is becoming one of my favorite players. That whole line is killer, and fun to watch.

At its highest levels, including NHL playoffs, Olympics and World Championships, hockey is always about the matchups on the ice at any given time. Good coaching is necessary to negate the best talent on the opposing side, but that usually means that the most talented saw off. This puts the difference on to the 3rd and 4th lines because far less attention is paid to those matchups.

Years ago, the dynasty teams like the Evil Habs, the Isles and the Oilers all had amazing checkers who could contain the very best on the opposing side, freeing their best to play against lesser talents:
Evil Habs: Cournyer, Lambert and Lapointe allowed Lafluer, Shutt and, Spinarama Savard and Big Bird to dominate.
Isles: Lorne Nystrom and Butch Goring allowed Trottier, Bossy Potvin and Gillies to roam unimpeded.
Oilers: Ken Linesman, Esa Tikkanen and Randy Gregg allowed Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Anderson and Coffey to rule.
All these teams also had stellar goaltending that could be counted on to steal the one game per series when the plan didn't work.

Even the Pens best success came when le gros vache and Jagger had help and good goaltending.

Modern coaching, better systems, and better average players have all combined to make the superstars less super, which means the largest potential differences can come, inconsistently, from the 3rd and 4th liners who can play over their level when it matters most.

I agree that if fleury is going to play he should play early in this series. However I would stick with MM. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I like our chances in this series. I thought the caps would be a tough out. I still don't understand how the 1-2 seeds played in round 2.

Stick with who is hot, no one is running MAF out of town as yet. Stay aggressive, you just feel the two stars will have a break out game in Crosby and Malky. We played inspired hockey against Washington, stay out of the penalty box is key.

Mark Madden slowly unbuttons the buttons of his Hawaiian shirt and asks if there's any other way he can pay for this pizza.

There is not enough eye bleach to unsee that. Thanks a lot, Spike

If you have a goalie with the name Pecker Weiner you should be hard as fock. Damn! I wanted to see Nashville win this series

Mark Madden slowly unbuttons the buttons of his Hawaiian shirt and asks if there's any other way he can pay for this pizza.

you know, I used to like you Spike, but this is uncalled for. This is a family show and will not tolerate such vile imagery.

These game 7's SUCK - Sharks are gutting the Preds just like the Blues axed Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.