• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to see MAF next game.

I don't think so...defense let him down.

Is Sid Going to play?

Be nice to have him in the next game.

Maata gave up the first goal, Letang another in a breakaway.

TB just too much all around. Bigger faster stronger

Sloppy and uninspired. Think they were coming down from that Washington high. Sullivan has to pump them back up.

I was sure the Pens would come out too physical and inspired from the Caps win and take game 1. If we miss Bishop too many games, it makes your road easier.

Reactions: MTC
I can't put my finger on it, but the Bolts looked like the more polished team. They skate, hit and pass very well. Pens looked rather sloppy and I don't think they have an answer for the big guys on TB blocking shots and how they use their sticks. Game 2 is a must-win. Can't go into TB down 2-0. Please play Schultz instead of Maata. Something is off with him.

Wow TB is really making the Pens look average.....

No. The Pens made the Pens look average. Skating in mud all night, sloppy, careless play by way too many, even the HBK line. Maatta should sit, hell Malkin should sit...only time I heard his name last night was when he was turning it over.......He and Sid make waaay too much $ to disappear like this.

Sloppy for sure. It's game 1 though. I thought the team had spurts and moments. Just a bad night. Callahan is a dirty player too btw. Suspensions should be coming for Tampa for a couple of players I think. Next game up

Not sure they'll suspend both. They should.....but......NHL.

Sloppy and uninspired. Think they were coming down from that Washington high. Sullivan has to pump them back up.

Hopefully alarms went off. They DID completely miss opportunities on 4 completely empty nets........hopefully they get their shootin' eyes back. But not taking advantage of such a huge opportunity as a bu gt and the Bolts depleted roster might come back to bite them.......

Reactions: MTC
I can't put my finger on it, but the Bolts looked like the more polished team. They skate, hit and pass very well. Pens looked rather sloppy and I don't think they have an answer for the big guys on TB blocking shots and how they use their sticks. Game 2 is a must-win. Can't go into TB down 2-0. Please play Schultz instead of Maata. Something is off with him.

The Pens were off. You can tell when it's a bad game. In all honesty these teams are evenly matched--Credit that to the coaching of Sullivan and Cooper. The Pens did create more scoring opportunities. The Bolts are a faster team, not necessarily something to fear for the Pens. It's only game 1. Sullivan will have a these guys going soon. Tampa is a different team in terms of speed. Their bigs don't really scare me either. Boyle, Hedeman and co. Are good. The Pens just turned the puck over in their own zone a lot

Last edited:
I was sure the Pens would come out too physical and inspired from the Caps win and take game 1. If we miss Bishop too many games, it makes your road easier.

That series against washington was an emotional one. The Pens will wake up. They lay a stinker here and there. Hope your guy is ok. X-rays came back negative but Bishop looked like he was in a lot of pain. I dont have a hatred towards your team like the flyers and caps. I don't like Callahan though lol. Heres hoping to a good and healthy series

No. The Pens made the Pens look average. Skating in mud all night, sloppy, careless play by way too many, even the HBK line. Maatta should sit, hell Malkin should sit...only time I heard his name last night was when he was turning it over.......He and Sid make waaay too much $ to disappear like this.

I hope you are right.....But I watched some of game 5 when the Bolts put the Islanders away and I couldn't help but think they were going to be a handful for the Pens.

I was bummed when they scheduled game 2 for Monday night but now I am glad they did. I think the Pens need an extra day to get some rest and clean some things up.

I hope he can pass, shoot the puck and score some goals then because goal tending wasn't the problem last night.

Far from it. Murray played well. His defense had crucial turnovers

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

The Pens need to play honest, they can't just rush up the ice all the time,
they got beat at their own game.

"getting to our game" got exposed

No, Sid, no Malkin ...there's that problem again

maybe put Fleury in so they will play better for their buddy

Got beat at their own game - will the coach change his gameplan? I doubt it

You can dissect it however you want, to me it boils down to Sid and Geno. They've done nothing for 7 games in a row now, won't win against the Bolts with them playing like this.

The Pens had their chances last night, and didn't capitalize. They had a couple defensive lapses, and the Bolts made them pay.We are going to need our superstars to play super. If not, what good are they?

You can dissect it however you want, to me it boils down to Sid and Geno. They've done nothing for 7 games in a row now, won't win against the Bolts with them playing like this.

Yep. Way too much money tied into these 2 for no production. Same thing in recent playoffs. Maybe time to part ways with at least one if not both.

Yep. Way too much money tied into these 2 for no production. Same thing in recent playoffs. Maybe time to part ways with at least one if not both.

Our super stars do need to step up. Crosby and Geno used to take over games back then. Sid used to rush up the ice and take defenders. I think a lot has to do with fatigue. 82 games/post season play/olympics/iihf. On top of that being the face of the franchise. Sid is not a selfish player either and distributes the puck to his line. Just shoot the damn thing sid. Malkin is turn over city right now. He did hustle at times last night, but there are times when he makes bone headed mistakes. Again though it's only game 1. Not panic mode just yet. Tampa is damn good and made the Pens pay for their mistakes

Maybe time to part ways with at least one if not both.

I think Malkin is still playing hurt- I saw him grimace and grab his shoulder after stubbing his stick on the ice

Sid won't be going anywhere - ever - he just won't. Period. Ask Mario.

But possibly trade Malkin and his $9.5M cap hit and you could afford a Stamkos... but we would still be top heavy in salary

Or go with less expensive options - we could get C David Backes and RW Kyle Okposo both....AND a defenseman like Keith Yandle

...tons of good FA's this summer

Take your pick:

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/center/ufa/

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/right-wing/ufa/

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/defenseman/ufa/

I think Malkin is still playing hurt- I saw him grimace and grab his shoulder after stubbing his stick on the ice

Sid won't be going anywhere - ever - he just won't. Period. Ask Mario.

But possibly trade Malkin and his $9.5M cap hit and you could afford a Stamkos... but we would still be top heavy in salary

Or go with less expensive options - we could get C David Backes and RW Kyle Okposo both....AND a defenseman like Keith Yandle

...tons of good FA's this summer

Take your pick:

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/center/ufa/

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/right-wing/ufa/

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/defenseman/ufa/

I just don't think Geno fits with our current style of play. He is more east/west, whereas out team is north/south.
The other thing is, Geno has a no trade clause, so he is ours, unless he wants to move. And if he does, it better be out west.

We've been talking about it since last year - where were you?

Just seems to escalate after the losses. I'm surprised there aren't constant trade requests for Roethlisberger on the football board since he hasn't won a Super Bowl in quite awhile.

Looks like Bishop didn't die afterall

Ben Bishop day-to-day after leaving Game 1 on stretcher

His X-rays are negative.
His MRI is NEGATIVE.
No broken bones, no torn anything.

"Everything's been really good so far with Ben," Cooper said during a conference call. "Much better news than the scene we saw when he was carted off"

Faker

Just seems to escalate after the losses. I'm surprised there aren't constant trade requests for Roethlisberger on the football board since he hasn't won a Super Bowl in quite awhile.

Oh fer chrissakes - lazy *** Malkin is no Ben! And people can say whatever the **** they want to here - the football forum is for boring old stick in the mud types sitting around smelling each other's farts, afraid to change a thing.

This is the new millenium! We make ******* hockey trades by the bushel!

ain't no big deal

We've been talking about it since last year - where were you?

Last year? These talks have been going on since 2011. Fans will go into melt down once the team is down in the series. I'm the same way lol. But it's best of 7 playoffs. Not throwing in the towel just yet

Now as for what Spike is trying to say, Malkin is great trade value for us. I love Geno, but he really doesn't fit our current system. The team can get what they need for him if they choose to do. The Pens reeled off wins without him when it mattered. Sullivan's system is just a fast moving system that relies on quick puck distribution for scoring opportunities. Malkin doesnt blend well cause he's more of a puck possession type guy. Therrien got the best from him. Bylsma somewhat. Sullivan is using him based on name. Hate to say it---but Geno has to be traded

Oh fer chrissakes - lazy *** Malkin is no Ben! And people can say whatever the **** they want to here - the football forum is for boring old stick in the mud types sitting around smelling each other's farts, afraid to change a thing.

This is the new millenium! We make ******* hockey trades by the bushel!

ain't no big deal

Spike,

The Steelers are a traditional team. They are an organization that has only had three head coaches in the modern era. Hockey is a revolving sport where you have to be up to the current trends per se. Just two completely different cultures. Football is traditional minimum change history. Hockey is young, current, revolving. I'm a hockey guy first for those reasons. But I respect the Steelers for holding true to their values/beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.