• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone coming in late to the Pens this season this year, I am shocked by Malkin's ineffectiveness. I keep waiting for him to break out.

As someone coming in late to the Pens this season this year, I am shocked by Malkin's ineffectiveness. I keep waiting for him to break out.

Malkin had a surge when Sid was out and vice versa. The teams identity now is suited more towards Crosby's strengths rather than Malkin. Injuries and new scheme are factors into Malkin's ineffectiveness

Spike,

The Steelers are a traditional team.But I respect the Steelers for holding true to their values/beliefs

I was a Steelers fan before you were born sonny - and I want ******* cheerleaders back again too!

That's tradition

Steelerettes2.JPG

cheer62.jpg
AZvsSTEELERETTEScolor.jpg

I hope you are right.....But I watched some of game 5 when the Bolts put the Islanders away and I couldn't help but think they were going to be a handful for the Pens.

I was bummed when they scheduled game 2 for Monday night but now I am glad they did. I think the Pens need an extra day to get some rest and clean some things up.

O trust me.....TB was the last team I wanted to see again. They always seem to have the Pens #........won all 3 regular season matchups, plus their 1-3 comeback a few years ago in the PO's. They're very good.

BUT I don't think they're faster than the Pens. They were the other night.....whether fatigue from the craps series, or what, not sure. They do lay a huge egg now and again, hopefully that was their one.

Now.....someone explain to me how Callahan does NOT get a suspension for an obvious intent to injure. There's boarding. And then there's BOARDING with a forearm shiver to the head. Dafuq? What a garage league!

O trust me.....TB was the last team I wanted to see again. They always seem to have the Pens #........won all 3 regular season matchups, plus their 1-3 comeback a few years ago in the PO's. They're very good.

BUT I don't think they're faster than the Pens. They were the other night.....whether fatigue from the craps series, or what, not sure. They do lay a huge egg now and again, hopefully that was their one.

Now.....someone explain to me how Callahan does NOT get a suspension for an obvious intent to injure. There's boarding. And then there's BOARDING with a forearm shiver to the head. Dafuq? What a garage league!

Callahan got off easy. That should've been a suspension. As far as the series goes. Far from over

At some point Crosby and malkin need to win a game for us. I love sid, but he is not the player he used to be. He used to be able to drive around the net dragging defenders with him. He was almost impossible to knock off the puck. Now it seems one little bump and he loses the puck. I don't know if his body is broken down or what. He was one of the hottest players coming into the playoffs and now he is just a guy.

As for Malkin not sure what his problem is. In the past he would have a few games where he went into full beast mode and was nearly unstoppable. I don't know the last time I saw that from him. He just turns the puck over too much with those damn drop passes. I can not believe coaches are not telling him to stop that. If he is not listening sit him down. I do agree he is good trade bait. Once he and maata came back seems like the pens lost their groove.

Callahan got off easy. That should've been a suspension.

The NHL is gonna lose a ton of money when one of these goons murders somebody on national TV.

Even Keith Jones & Jeremy Roenick said he'd sit for 1 game minimum.

NHL sends message not acting on Ryan Callahan’s hit on Penguins' Kris Letang

PITTSBURGH — The NHL’s decision not to suspend, or even hold a hearing, on Ryan Callahan’s dangerous hit on Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang makes it appear as if there is too much emphasis on whether the victim suffered a significant injury.

If Letang had not returned to the game, would Callahan have been suspended? It sure feels as if he would have been.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...guins-kris-letang-ryan-callahan-hit/84375068/

---------------------------------------

From the practice reports looks like Dumo and Letang are likely both OK, and Maatta is possibly out for Schultz?

^^^
Should've been suspended. I think a lot has to do with Barry Trotz saying the NHL favors the Pens. So any big call is gonna pit us against the refs too

I think they're right - it's becoming more based on how bad the injury was and if the player could return to game - not how blatant the hit was

So if someone gets paralyzed, you're suspended for life?

The NHL is gonna lose a ton of money when one of these goons murders somebody on national TV.

PITTSBURGH — The NHL’s decision not to suspend, or even hold a hearing, on Ryan Callahan’s dangerous hit on Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang makes it appear as if there is too much emphasis on whether the victim suffered a significant injury.

If Letang had not returned to the game, would Callahan have been suspended? It sure feels as if he would have been.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...guins-kris-letang-ryan-callahan-hit/84375068/

From the practice reports looks like Dumo and Letang are likely both OK, and Maatta is possibly out for Schultz?

Any time the League comes out and says they have player safety as priority1, I just laugh. They could stop this thug **** if they wanted ......with serious suspensions.They don't do it. This tells me they welcome this ****. It is that WWE mentality we see up in Toronto.

It's unbelievable Callahan didn't get a suspension. I figured Letang would be out the rest of the playoffs after that. It certainly looked like he was unconscious as he fell to the ice. Glad he's ok (?).

It gave me a sick feeling when the Pens couldn't win a game without so many of the TB star players. Oh well, maybe the loss will be good for them and show them they need to be on their toes and ready to go. What was with the PP where Malkin just shot every single time they passed it to him? And missed the net on most of them. lol He seems frustrated. I hope that motivates him, rather than puts him in a worse funk.

Any time the League comes out and says they have player safety as priority1, I just laugh. They could stop this thug **** if they wanted ......with serious suspensions.They don't do it. This tells me they welcome this ****. It is that WWE mentality we see up in Toronto.

WWE mentality in Toronto?

Pls explain.

shake it up!

No Kunitz!

Dave Molinari ‎@MolinariPG
Penguins' No. 1 power play: Letang, Malkin, Kessel, Crosby and Hornqvist. No. 2: Schultz, Daley, Bonino, Sheary and Hagelin.

WWE mentality in Toronto?

Pls explain.

It is the Canadian style of play that allows the type of thuggery that we are seeing. Can't take that out of the game.This whole double standard of if blood isn't present, it is not as bad. The act is either a penalty, or it isn't. The fact that Letang came back does not lessen the the severity of the act that was designed to injure. And then, if Letang retaliates, he gets penalized.The thugs are rewarded. The skill players are not. Seems very WWE to me.

And if you call it the first period of the season, the same thing should be called in the final minute of the SC Final. And there is the understanding that penalty totals should always be even, and this influences calls on the ice. No, it is either a penalty, or it isn't.
I cited Toronto, because that is where a lot of the NHL operations are......especially the mouthpiece of the League....the NHL Network. It is where the influence is, not NYC.

I know Con, hockey is sacred, and should be beyond criticism.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

hamster,
I believe that all Canadians would be with me as I scream silently "**** Bettman!"
well, maybe some wouldn't, but they are Yankee spawn of draft dodgers, so who cares.

most Canadians want a free flowing game, absent the bullshit clutching and grabbing and stick interference.

The Oilers dynasty exemplified great, open hockey specifically because Semenko and McSorley kept the other team, AND refs, honest.

after the evil Habs South (Devils as led by Evil Hab Jacques Lemaire) ruined hockey by combining all the above with the trap, hockey went into a prolonged **** streak.

I wish the NHL would adopt a 2nd amendment-like right to bear vengeance upon those who interfered with the skill players. not WWE at all , but free from the American-European bullshit that has ruled since ******* Bettman arrived.

Callahan has never been fined or suspended. There was no "intention to cause harm." He made a play with his elbow too high. With a hit to the head with a forearm or elbow, he should have been suspended, IMO.

I think he wasn't because Letang was able to come back into the game. The talking heads seemed to think it was because Letang looked back, saw Callahan coming and put himself in a bad position. Both are ridiculous, IMO. it is either suspension worthy to hit in the head or it isn't. Too much Goodell-type rules if you waffle.

after the evil Habs South (Devils as led by Evil Hab Jacques Lemaire) ruined hockey by combining all the above with the trap, hockey went into a prolonged **** streak.

I wish the NHL would adopt a 2nd amendment-like right to bear vengeance upon those who interfered with the skill players. not WWE at all , but free from the American-European bullshit that has ruled since ******* Bettman arrived.
Those damn Americans. First they clutch and grab their Bibles and guns. Then, they clutch and grab on the hockey rink. What next?

Those damn Americans. First they clutch and grab their Bibles and guns. Then, they clutch and grab on the hockey rink. What next?
Zactly.

**** Bettman

It's unbelievable Callahan didn't get a suspension. I figured Letang would be out the rest of the playoffs after that. It certainly looked like he was unconscious as he fell to the ice. Glad he's ok (?).

It gave me a sick feeling when the Pens couldn't win a game without so many of the TB star players. Oh well, maybe the loss will be good for them and show them they need to be on their toes and ready to go. What was with the PP where Malkin just shot every single time they passed it to him? And missed the net on most of them. lol He seems frustrated. I hope that motivates him, rather than puts him in a worse funk.

During the game I thought maybe they dressed Ovechkin in Malkin's uniform.

hamster,
I believe that all Canadians would be with me as I scream silently "**** Bettman!"
well, maybe some wouldn't, but they are Yankee spawn of draft dodgers, so who cares.

most Canadians want a free flowing game, absent the bullshit clutching and grabbing and stick interference.

The Oilers dynasty exemplified great, open hockey specifically because Semenko and McSorley kept the other team, AND refs, honest.

Which is exactly the supposed plan about ten years ago........remember when Mario called it a "garage" league because of all that bullshit? New rules or making calls were supposed to lead to more scoring as the skill guys would get to.....well.....be skilled. I enjoy old time feisty hockey and even an occasional fight to cool things off or heat things up. I've bitched here about the skating out of your lane interference that never gets called anymore. What I haven't bitched about or mentioned here is the stick "interference".......you're not allowed to touch or impede a guy that doesn't have the puck right? So why are you allowed to **** with his stick? Seems like an extension of the man to me.....I dunno, maybe that's taking it too far. But this league and the way it call or doesn't call penalties is just ridiculous.

During the game I thought maybe they dressed Ovechkin in Malkin's uniform.

Which is exactly the supposed plan about ten years ago........remember when Mario called it a "garage" league because of all that bullshit? New rules or making calls were supposed to lead to more scoring as the skill guys would get to.....well.....be skilled. I enjoy old time feisty hockey and even an occasional fight to cool things off or heat things up. I've bitched here about the skating out of your lane interference that never gets called anymore. What I haven't bitched about or mentioned here is the stick "interference".......you're not allowed to touch or impede a guy that doesn't have the puck right? So why are you allowed to **** with his stick? Seems like an extension of the man to me.....I dunno, maybe that's taking it too far. But this league and the way it call or doesn't call penalties is just ridiculous.

I'm all for a good hard check if it's clean. Stuff like tripping, slashing etc should be called. The NHL needs to be consistent with their calls. Thats all it is

As fans, we can sit here and dwell on the Callahan situation/hit. As a team, I hope the Pens do not. The fact that he didn't get suspended doesn't matter now. It's history. The fact that we got totally out played in that first game does matter.

What really irks me is t he gratuitous cross check in the back after a net front goal. Saw a couple of those last series. That's the kind of **** that should be easy to stop. Just add a penalty to the scored goal.

series hinges on the game tonight. Large bounce back or bust. Pens wouldn't recover from 0 - 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.