• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great effort tonight. They showed great resiliency after TB tied the game up. Game had a weird feel to it where I didn't feel they were going to lose and you knew they were going to come out wide open the minute the puck was dropped in OT.

Cant help but think the way these teams are playing we are going to see a shootout with a bunch of scoring in one of these games...

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

100% more Kessel, and now Sid!

good game

It appears that one has to go top shelf to beat Vaselevsky. He doesn't give up much. But then again, that is what they said about Lunqvuist and Holtby.

I believe it's time to see Flower. I am surprised we didn't see him in the 2 nd last night. Murray should have stopped those 2. If we get our forecheck working, he has to be able to stop the breakaways. He looks shaky to me.

Thank goodness Crosby finally gets on the board at the perfect time. They were buzzing in the third and just couldn't finish. Not sure what to do about the goalies. Murray has faltered, but he gathered himself in the third. Can they risk MAF being rusty? Would a benching shake the youngster? Have to be careful with that one.

Not sure what to do about the goalies. Murray has faltered, but he gathered himself in the third. Can they risk MAF being rusty? Would a benching shake the youngster? Have to be careful with that one.

I concur

He gives up two bad goals early next game though, I think he gets pulled

Exciting 3rd period.

Pens pushed hard much of it.

They did. By my count they've played about 42 minutes of great hockey out of 120. They had an excellent forecheck going in game 1against Bishop and were peppering him. As soon as Vas came in they stopped that. We know the end result. So that's10 minutes. Had an excellent forecheck going last night to start the game and scored twice.Up to twenty minutes now. Then they stopped. We again know the result. Excellent forecheck again third period game 2 for 20 more and in OT for the final 2. Results? Yeah.

Not sure why they can't sustain that. Yeah, it's grueling, grind hockey but this is it. The whole magilla. Right now. Gotta sustain that forecheck and O zone pressure, take some chances and keep that active D. For 60 minutes a night.

I hate that Subway commercial.

Right?

Gonna be a tough one down in Tampa

Your teams speed is what is giving the Pens fits. Cannot doubt Sullivan or Cooper though

See I don't get this either. TB is NOT faster than the Pens. They just aren't......they're fast, but the Pens are faster. Even Rust and Sheary looked slow and out of sorts last night....not sure Sheary saw any ice time in the 3rd. That's not good.....he's a guy you want battling for pucks in the o zone and one that does well entering the zone. Think he might have been a casualty of bench shortening in the hope that Malkin and Sid would get it going. I have to be honest I was cursing Crosby's very existence and making fantasy trades in my head the entire game.

Pens just seem to be doing a lot of what I call "panic passing" when trying to break out. Lost count of how many times guys had time to settle the puck and wait for someone to get open or to skate with it then pass but instead just fired it up outta the d zone right to a TB player. Head scratcher.

Stretching the zone is cool. Need guys to get behind that D a little more often....just stop whipping it up the ice like "Oh my God, gotta clear this NOW."

I concur

He gives up two bad goals early next game though, I think he gets pulled

Yeah he may have chilled a little. Saw Sully tell Fleury "stay ready" coming out in the 3rd. Do NOT want to be making that decision.

Thats what it is Rod,

Panic Passing.

And thats what has kept the Caps and Bolts hanging with us is cause the panic passes. Caps played physical and took advantage. The Bolts play speed and take advantage. The Bolts are not faster than the Pens, they are just a faster paced team compared to what the Pens played against. Look at the scoring opportunities the Pens had again. Settle down the puck and shoot and the goals will start coming

Sully said " you ready?"....Flower said "yep".

very evenly matched teams....like a big pack of lil kids in between the lines most of the second and third periods.

on to Trampa

City of Bradenton FL angers Lighting Fans, supplying Pens with their Pittsburgh Rally Towels

It’s not odd that the city of Bradenton should try to capitalize on the moment and their vicinity to Tampa Bay by doing something like having rally towels made and selling them. You would expect those towels to bear graphics or language supporting the Lightning, however. In this case, your expectation would be incorrect.

In what was supposed to be a clever marketing ploy, the Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors’ Bureau sponsored a gold towel with the words “Let’s Go Pens!” featured prominently, with the bureau’s web site and the names of other nearby tourist destinations also featured. The towels were distributed at last Friday’s Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, played at the Consol Energy Center, the home of the Penguins.

Cih1wC6UoAEQtzM.jpg

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/...ightning-fans/

Reactions: MTC
They NEEDED this game! I can't believe I missed the OT goal.
Same for me. I listened to all 3 qtrs on the Tune-In Radio ap and just after the 3rd was over I took the dog outside for a quick walk and some air. By the time I walked back in Mike Lange was making the winning goal call. It's all good though!

Out of curiosity, do these new arenas handle the warmer weather better than they did a few years ago (15+)? I recall the ice getting pretty slushy as the weather started getting warmer. Either that or it was a way that the opposing team could slow down Mario, Jagr and company.

Ice???

The Pens have worse ice than Tampa!

haha

google: Consol Energy Center Ice Problems / Home Ice Disadvantage: The Pennsylvania Problem

Sully said " you ready?"....Flower said "yep".

He can stay "ready"

All's I know is he stopped three point blank shots in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

All's I know is we've gotten further with him since '09 than any other goalie.

City of Bradenton FL angers Lighting Fans, supplying Pens with their Pittsburgh Rally Towels

It’s not odd that the city of Bradenton should try to capitalize on the moment and their vicinity to Tampa Bay by doing something like having rally towels made and selling them. You would expect those towels to bear graphics or language supporting the Lightning, however. In this case, your expectation would be incorrect.

In what was supposed to be a clever marketing ploy, the Bradenton Area Convention and Visitors’ Bureau sponsored a gold towel with the words “Let’s Go Pens!” featured prominently, with the bureau’s web site and the names of other nearby tourist destinations also featured. The towels were distributed at last Friday’s Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, played at the Consol Energy Center, the home of the Penguins.

Cih1wC6UoAEQtzM.jpg

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/...ightning-fans/

I like this

Thank goodness Crosby finally gets on the board at the perfect time. They were buzzing in the third and just couldn't finish. Not sure what to do about the goalies. Murray has faltered, but he gathered himself in the third. Can they risk MAF being rusty? Would a benching shake the youngster? Have to be careful with that one.

I think Murray's been pretty average more often than not lately, but it's still enough to win games. However, there are more and more soft goals being given up. The problem is Fleury hasn't had any game action in a long time. Definitely a risk putting in a rusty goalie, especially at this point.

I think Murray's been pretty average more often than not lately, but it's still enough to win games. However, there are more and more soft goals being given up. The problem is Fleury hasn't had any game action in a long time. Definitely a risk putting in a rusty goalie, especially at this point.

Yah. Murray has to catch fire again. If we go down 2-0 early you have to put MAF back in. He hasn't been a problem in the playoffs in years.

Eddie O was 100%right in the pregame - for the Pens to beat Tampa, Sid needs to shoot the puck and score goals

Shoot-first Sid is waaay better then pass-first Sid, the "stars" have to step up

Eddie O was 100%right in the pregame - for the Pens to beat Tampa, Sid needs to shoot the puck and score goals

Shoot-first Sid is waaay better then pass-first Sid, the "stars" have to step up

That goes for all the big names on the Pens. Our PP is the perfect example of this. All pass no shoot. The HBK line is dangerous cause they shoot. Sid's line does the same puck movement but his line doesnt shoot. Malkins line and Cullens line excels at crashing the net. These guys know what needs to be done

100% More Sid!

crosby-ot2.gif

IF Malkin and the PP finally wake up, I think the Pens will blow this game out of the water.

All of our guys need to go top shelf, stick side tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.