• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept telling you guys......TB is NOT faster than the Pens. They just aren't......and the Pens did exactly what I said they needed to do.....strong, scrappy, dominant forecheck and lots of shots. I believe they've doubled TB's shots or better.

TB fans just realized they aren't playing the Isles again

who needs malkin?

CiykdbnU4AMwrbb.jpg

100% more Kessel! Thank you Toronto!

First two periods were great fun to watch - Pens owned the ice, smothered them - goal in last 10 sec was the back breaker. That's how we usually lose games. All over from there on.

Almost 50 SOG - that's what I been preachin'!

I'm really worried about Horny's hand - his reaction, it didn't look good at all

Vasilevsky ought to start the next practice kicking every other player in the balls.

Vasilevsky ought to start the next practice kicking every other player in the balls.

He gets credit for keeping them in the game, but I had assumed when he jumped on his stick's back and broke it after the 4th goal that he was blaming it.

Wow what a difference from game 1. HBK is unbelievable.

Hopefully Hornqvist is OK.

DK said Hornqvist didn't have his hand wrapped or anything after the game, so I hope he's alright.

Now that was a sound beating. Good job boys.

I noticed Kessel's line scored their first against Hedman, and the second goal against Stralman. So Tampa adjusted, HBK getting attention, just as much as the Geno/Sid lines....and they still can't stop them.

I noticed Kessel's line scored their first against Hedman, and the second goal against Stralman. So Tampa adjusted, HBK getting attention, just as much as the Geno/Sid lines....and they still can't stop them.

Tampa is adjusting but the offensive fire power for the Pens is too much to handle no doubt. I'm waiting for Cullen's line to have another breakthrough because HBK is getting a ton of attention. Sid's line despite the lack of goals before last night has been opportunistic. Malkins line now with Sheary and Rust looked decent. Shaky at first but Sheary woke up

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Coach Sullivan on Hornqvist: "He is being evaluated today. He obviously blocked a shot late in the game. I don't think it will be an issue."

Dave Molinari ‎@MolinariPG
Sullivan: "Hornqvist is being evaluated today. I don't envision (availability for Game 4) being an issue."

Sounds like he will play

Ci2Lfr7VAAAd6Qd.jpg

Primanti Bros@primantibros
Cheer HBK. Live HBK. Now eat HBK w/ our ham, bacon & kielbasa sandwich, available for Game 4! #HBKSandwich #HBKLine

The Pens got to their game last night, but this series is far from over. A Pens victory tomorrow night would make it terribly difficult for the Bolts to come back. I expect Tampa to give us their best showing tomorrow, in the hope of tying this series. I trust Sully will have the boys prepared. All reports are saying that Horndog is probable tomorrow. Also, that Stamkos and Bishop are not.

Ci2Lfr7VAAAd6Qd.jpg

Cheer HBK. Live HBK. Now eat HBK w/ our ham, bacon & kielbasa sandwich, available for Game 4! #HBKSandwich #HBKLine

Kessel already has one with his name on it. Bada bing!

A win tonight will be huge. seriously If Tampa cannot solve the pens posession game in 4 games they arent winning 3 straight to close the series... biggest game to date

Also if they get the chance to close it out in game 5 at home with the crowd pumped and michaels and the steelers crew in the house its going to happen....

my favorite thing to date this postseason is either the fact that teams can shut down and mug Crosby and Malkin and we still are scoring plenty of goals to win. (The pens have iced 21 non goalie skaters this postseason, and 19 of them have points) or that our coaching staff makes adjustments period to period and even shift to shift based on the other team's strategy... it doesnt take 3 games of ineptitude to change things up anymore...

Sharks crushing blues balls in a steel vise

my perdiction looking good

A win tonight will be huge. seriously If Tampa cannot solve the pens posession game in 4 games they arent winning 3 straight to close the series... biggest game to date

Also if they get the chance to close it out in game 5 at home with the crowd pumped and michaels and the steelers crew in the house its going to happen....

This series is looking similar to the series against the Rags. Just the fact that the Pens have the opposition figured out and the opposition cannot figure out the Pens. Series is still far from over but heres our guys' chance to make Tampa's hole that much harder to climb out of

Ci2Lfr7VAAAd6Qd.jpg

NICE! A Primanti Bros. just opened two days ago about 5 minutes from my office. I'm going on Monday.

Their best defense is SPEED

Their best offense is SPEED

That's how you be great.

Clog up the blue line, no fancy passes and SHOOT THE PUCK!

amen

Kessel already has one with his name on it.

aha! - I found it

Kesselmania has struck

hotdogclubsandwichholly.0.jpg

I thought he liked hot dogs

The Pub Chip Shop ‎@thepubchipshop
Lunch: Kessel Dog's! 2. Fried @SmithsHotDogs covered w/ Chips, Cheese Sauce & Gravy Eh! $7

Ci1Bg9wWsAANnTV.jpg

Last edited:
You can bet TB is going to bring it the first period. They need to withstand it and score FIRST. Pretty unbeatable when they do that.

I am cautiously optimistic about tonight. I seriously doubt TB will play a bad game like they did the other night. Probably a close one that could go either way.

Horny! Horny!

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ ‎@penguins
Coach Sullivan confirms that Patric Hornqvist will be available for tonight's game.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 27 minutes ago
Hornqvist is available for Game 4, Kessel's stall is minty fresh

Ci6ll1NWYAInMQi.jpg

Ci6YmlmUUAQhCHD.jpg

******' Pierre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.