• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I definitely agree with you. The loss of Daley is tough, but it doesn't eliminate the Pens from the ECF. The media has remarked about this teams depth, now it's time to go out and prove it. I'd love nothing more than for this team to answer the bolts game 4 win with a resounding beat down. They were getting to Vaseline in game 3, you could see it, but they didn't capitalize on it in game 4 until too late in the game. The kid can definitely be beat, but they need to come out and play smart tonight.

Yep! Agreed agreed. Pens need to play their game simple as that. I'm taking a guess it's Maataa in for Daley. Kid needs to calm his nerves. There are four other line mates to help him out. Be smart with the puck. Shoot the ******* thing on power plays and get this W

We gotta have this. Steal one

BunnyStealingCookieSmaller.gif

I just hope the good fleury shows up. He will have tremendous pressure on him. Home game, first start in a long time in game 5 of the ECF, and replacing a goalie who had been playing well. Fleury did ok in relief, but there was really no pressure that game we were down 4-0 and only a miracle (which almost happened) would have won that game.

I just hope the good fleury shows up. He will have tremendous pressure on him.

Not as much as if they waited till the final elimination game to bring in Fleury - I'm OK with him starting, Murray has been a bit shaky this series. A shutout would be nice.

I hope that Geno, with confidence restored by goal in last game, will be a scoring monster.
I am hoping the aggressive forecheck will help, both offensively and defensively.
I am hoping that the 3 goal 3rd period from last game have left the Bolts with doubt.
I am hoping that the Pens score at least one more goal than the Bolts.

Hope Letang realizes who he is playing with and dials back some of the risky pinches.

Hope Beau can contribute

Hope Olli has a solid game

Hope we win

Hockey baby!

Fun facts:When a series is tied 2-2 in a best-of-seven, the Game 5 winner is 290-81 in series wins in NHL history, about 78 per cent.

No pressure

Never heard of him.

Me neither

This whole HBK wrasslin thing is embarrassing. If you're older than 10 you shouldn't care - unless it's women wrasslers, in the mud

Pens up 1-0!! Great to get that first goal of the game.

For those with eyes, how are they looking? With the exception of a couple rushes and that last scramble for the goal, they sounded sort of equal. Flower sounds like he is doing a good job in goal.

Pens up 1-0!! Great to get that first goal of the game.

For those with eyes, how are they looking? With the exception of a couple rushes and that last scramble for the goal, they sounded sort of equal. Flower sounds like he is doing a good job in goal.

Equal--yes! Both teams have been evenly matched. Both teams with socring opportunities. Flower is looking good. Pens havent found their skating legs yet. The youngins(formley known as baby Pens--now Pens) are having a strong showing. I think the Pens are due for a breakout this game with their pace. Geno being Geno but showing burst of potential. Need the vets to wake up now

HBK line getting chances again. Love watching them skate. Kessel to Bonino. Good job by Tampa's goalie to break up that play. Could've been 2-0

That annoying subway commercial with the pilgrim-looks like Bryan Rust lol
Jan from Toyota is hot too. Would definately hit

Need the vets to wake up now
Man this seems to be the recurring theme of the day lately. I hate to say it but maybe the vets are ummm what's a good word for it: washed up :). Maybe not washed up but just average players at this point. If you think about it, Crosby and Malkin aren't kids anymore.

Thanks for the recap!

Lets go old geezers!!!

You'd have to be here to believe it!! Pens up 3-2!!

Still being outskated. First goal was a bad goal. Right between Fleury's legs. 2nd goal. Just good puck movement by Tampa. Fleury came out of the crease on that one. Pens, wake up and skate guys. Pens can easily take this game over if they want to

Crap! I heard the puck hit metal on that first goal now they just tied it up... Come on Pens!! Next time you have a chance to bury them, f'n do it!

Man, Letang looked bad on that first one. He stood there and let the fuckong guy shoot it completely uncontested and surely enough it goes into the only place it can for the goal. If he just puts his stick on the ice that puck probly flies up into the netting. Actually, he looked bad on the second one too and totally forgot about the guy skating towards the net. Oh well. Nice to keep the attack that late in the period and escape the period with the lead. Let's Go Pens!!

Still being outskated. First goal was a bad goal. Right between Fleury's legs. 2nd goal. Just good puck movement by Tampa. Fleury came out of the crease on that one. Pens, wake up and skate guys. Pens can easily take this game over if they want to

I thought that first one went in over Fleury's shoulder. I dunno I was pissed and walked away in a hurry lol.

I thought that first one went in over Fleury's shoulder. I dunno I was pissed and walked away in a hurry lol.

I think the second was over. Eh I was pissed too lol. Settled down with a brew one more period to go. I still think the Pens can dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.