• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywho--remaining optimisitc for ya guys. I'll let the board go on melt down. My opinion. Still hope :)

I think the Pens are done. The defense tonight was awful at best. I mean, as aggressive as TB was with their D, you would think it would have produced a couple odd breaks but no dice. Fleury looked lost. Just a bad game all around. Gotta win Tuesday in Tampa.

I mean s3veral. Kuch took a High Stick in the face, right in front of the refund who was close enough to pat him on the shoulder as he was leaving the ice. The HS on letang, the hook by the lightning not long after the HS on kuch. The clear trip on the delayed HS call which would have giveb the lightning a 5 on 3.

But, yeah, just that one, I guess.

I hate it when the refunds miss the calls, too.

Well nothing works anymore. They were 3-0 when I missed OT before. Skipped OT last night and they still lost.

Now, here's the problem. Murray or MAF? Probably doesn't matter. The big money guys on this team are just about useless. And Tampa is believing hard now.

Well nothing works anymore. They were 3-0 when I missed OT before. Skipped OT last night and they still lost.

Now, here's the problem. Murray or MAF? Probably doesn't matter. The big money guys on this team are just about useless. And Tampa is believing hard now.

That's just that. Tampa is bringing it. The Pens play hard in burst. The team is playing like they expect for the cup to be handed to them. The Pens looked dominating in spurts. I can't say they are playing out played more like out hustled. There were quality chances for both teams to score goals yesterday. So its hard to say who could've won based on that. Pens need to play a 60 minute game. Not 56 minutes. This team has overcome adversity all season. So I still have hope on tuesday. If the boys lose then they lose. It's been helluva season

The Pens had their chances to put the game away up 2-0.

They failed.

They choked...and as much **** as I give Kunitz, he's the only one that showed up with any heart and hustle. WTF Sid?

I thought Fleury was the right choice tonight, Murray was looking shaky, but I was wrong.

When MAF gave up the third goal, whatever energy left was sucked out of the building The crowd seemed to know what was coming, I felt it too. Classic playoff Fleury curse.

Sorry Mark Madden, your boy is going to get traded. He's done in Pittsburgh if they lose.

Letang -4 = Really bad game, waving at shots, lazy D, wanting to rush up ice and leaving the backdoor open.

Trade Fleury, trade Malkin, get enough D talent to where Letang isn't in the top line.

4 straight-on goals in 2 games, should have been 5. Better goaltending and the series is over. Wonder if Tampa will trade Vasilevsky?

I watched...we lost. I take the blame for sure.

Now, here's the problem. Murray or MAF? Probably doesn't matter.

Oh it matters.

I literally called out loud 3 of the 4 goals against Fleury before they happened. You know that feeling, here it comes....OT should not have happened.

Murray or bust

It only takes a little playoff pressure and Fleury becomes a headcase. His whole career is riddled with playoff meltdowns....what an .860 save percentage last night? Gave up 4 of the last 5 goals scored last night.

Oh it matters.

I literally called out loud 3 of the 4 goals against Fleury before they happened. You know that feeling, here it comes....OT should not have happened.

Murray or bust

Agreed. Murray needs to be in net. Fleury is too rusty and given his situation probably broke his confidence. Murray needed and deserved a night off. Again I still think the Pens can pull through. They have shown all series in spurts thats they are the better team. Do or Die now

Sullivan says he'd like to take some time to digest Fleury's game before assessing it. #Pens

Digest the game? That's a bitter pill to swallow.

You put in Fleury and he needed to deliver and he didn't.

With the wisdom of watching 6 straight years of his playoff losses, and now this, let me help.

Play Murray.

Lol either way Letang just gave him all the time and space he could possibly need to get it off. Should Flower have had it? Probably. But Letang needed a better effort on it and it more than likely doesn't go in.

Letang on the ice for every ******* goal. Yeah that last one took a bad bounce but the dumbass was playing up by the point following the puck leaving a skater to come into the slot, completely untouched with only Dumo back. Letang was easily the worst player on the ice tonight and Fleury looked bad too. What, 4 goals on 24 shots? Nice .840 save percentage. As hopeful as I wanna be, I see Tampa closing the series out on Tuesday.

Letang was garbage. I too noticed his complete lack of effort on the first goal and he was completely out of position on the second. And after his game 4 bullshit he better be a ******* hero Tuesday. Malkin is useless as **** on a boar. Fleury screwed the pooch.

Can't say enough about Vasilevsky's performance. A lot of pressure on the young guy. Nice to have with Bishop out.

I think whoever wins this series takes the Cup.

He's been pretty damn good an not to diminish his efforts but the Pens continue shooting right into his gut for the most part.

Fleury stank, but the guy hadn't played a full game in almost two months. He was off his angles and it was easy to see how fatigued he was late in the game. You can't make a goaltending change based on 7 saves made against a team protecting a 4-goal third period lead. Murray has done enough, and deserved to start. I like Sullivan, and I really respected his belief in a 21-year-old goalie, but he blew it tonight by starting Fleury and (to a much lesser extent) Beau Bennett. This one is on the head coach.

I fully supported the change. Just as I fully support a change for Tuesday back to Murray. But no way is this on Sullivan......the Daley loss and lazy, sloppy, turn over hockey aren't on him.

Yep. I'd put my stock in Murray and whoever still has some fire left and see what happens. The leaders on this team have been awol for the most part.

That would mean Geno sits.

That's just that. Tampa is bringing it. The Pens play hard in burst. The team is playing like they expect for the cup to be handed to them. The Pens looked dominating in spurts. I can't say they are playing out played more like out hustled. There were quality chances for both teams to score goals yesterday. So its hard to say who could've won based on that. Pens need to play a 60 minute game. Not 56 minutes. This team has overcome adversity all season. So I still have hope on tuesday. If the boys lose then they lose. It's been helluva season

When did they play 56 minutes? Or are you counting all the minutes they've played this series?

An early exit once more will be tough to swallow. With (very arguably) two of the league's "best" players I'm really getting tired of them never (or very rarely) getting it done. This team won't be remembered for all their cups, but rather for all their chokes.

That said, it ain't over 'til the fat guy whines. Come on *******, let's turn this **** around!

I thought putting fleury in this game was the right call. I believe Murray needed a breather. It was a tough situation for fleury, a ton of pressure, and he played poorly. Some of the goals were not his fault, but he missed several pucks that could have easily gone in. One went under his leg blocker, but somehow did not make it out the other side. Another one off the pipe right before they scored skipped along the goal line. I believe they hit the pipe a couple other times as well. Also his rebound control was bad. I don't know if it was rust or choking, but not good enough or worth the risk to put him back out there.
As for letang I was never a fan of his. I do not see him as this great player. He has a terrible shot, is a forward wannabe, has a bad temper, and is lazy on defense. I was hoping he would get traded a couple years ago.
Our stars in general need to do something. TBs stars are coming through while ours slog along. We can only depend on HBK for so much. They have carried a lot of the energy. The other lines need to step it up.

Lol. It's exaggerating Rod. These bloody wankers need to play a complete game to get going

In all things hockey. All it takes is one goal to start something or break something. So yes! Not over til the fat man whines. Believe and play a complete game

In all things hockey. All it takes is one goal to start something or break something. So yes! Not over til the fat man whines. Believe and play a complete game

It's crazy the turn around that can happen either within a game or between games. Makes it all the more exciting.

I'm worn out from all the exciting

Give me a couple boring 1-0 Pens wins to make me feel better.

OK I knew you guys would be in bad shape this morning.
Tough loss, but here are things to brighten your day.

#1 - No way possible the pens lose 3 in a row. It's not happening.
#2 - Assuming I am correct with #1, then a Game 7 in Pitt will be on deck and I like their chances
#3 - Relax

Not so sure MM would have made a save on some of those shots last night. There was a lot of bad play in between the good play defensively that cost them the game.

That goal in OT looked like a gdammed power play......The problem with this team is that they are too inconsistent from play to play, from period to period and even from game to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.