• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the drama build

Sullivan says he'll announce a starting goalie Tuesday morning. #Pens

Let the drama build

Sullivan says he'll announce a starting goalie Tuesday morning. #Pens

I think it'll be Murray. Fock. Can't wait for tomorrow! We are in this still. Time to be great eh Spike?

It's crazy the turn around that can happen either within a game or between games. Makes it all the more exciting.

Hockey is a great sport. Kudos to your goalie for keeping you in it. Same can be said for your coach. Cooper turned that organization around. Judging from your user name I assume you're from Arkansas. What got you into hockey?---south is usually SEC football all the way lol. Anywho glad to see hockey grow. May the best team win this series. If you guys beat us. I'll be rooting for Cooper and Kucherov to hoist lord Stanley.....but I'd rather see HBK deservingly so ;)

I think this last game broke the guys. Their confidence is not there, esp after that 3rd goal. They are trying and playing hard at times, but TB has something that is giving the Pens fits. They clearly are hungrier, more experienced and deeper. If they close it out tomorrow night, I'm not going to be shocked. I do expect the Pens to give it their all, but the crowd and a few early goals could be a steep mountain.

btw, I'd go back to MM. The rest probably did him wonders.

l
Hockey is a great sport. Kudos to your goalie for keeping you in it. Same can be said for your coach. Cooper turned that organization around. Judging from your user name I assume you're from Arkansas. What got you into hockey?---south is usually SEC football all the way lol. Anywho glad to see hockey grow. May the best team win this series. If you guys beat us. I'll be rooting for Cooper and Kucherov to hoist lord Stanley.....but I'd rather see HBK deservingly so ;)

We had a couple of minor league teams in LR. Those were fun to go to. Hard to get into, too much, as the teams didn't last long and players always changed as they were getting called up, sent down , whatever.

Moved to St Pete 8.5 years ago. Went to one game. Hooked. I get 10 game pashe's every year which puts me in position to get tickets to every playoff game.

Malkin is useless as **** on a boar...

I fully supported the change. Just as I fully support a change for Tuesday back to Murray. But no way is this on Sullivan......the Daley loss and lazy, sloppy, turn over hockey aren't on him...

That would mean Geno sits.

Well then, you "fully supported" the wrong move. I guess you loved the way Bennett played, too. Can't blame Sully for that stupid decision, right? Yeah, let's put two guys out there who've been injured, haven't had a start in six or seven weeks, and see what the hell happens in THE pivotal game of the conference finals. Great coaching. Now Sullivan has shaken Murray's confidence, and no matter who he starts tomorrow, they're probably ******. But there's one thing I'm sure of: If it's Fleury, you can safely bet your life savings on the Lightning.

And I'm not sure which Game 5 you watched, but I thought Malkin was one of the stronger Penguins. He authored a number of scoring chances, and he and his linemates were the only forwards with pluses on the night.

Sharks stick the knife in the Blues - that's how MEN handle a close game at the end - 6-3

Sully was in a tough spot. Play Murray again and everyone would ***** that they should have played Fluery because he was healthy. Play Fluery and everyone would ***** they should have stuck with the hot hand. Bottom line is, the guys in front of who ever is in goal need to play better. Sid was ok, but not a dominant player he should be. Shrek was pretty much invisible again. Letang unraveled again. Who would have thought that Daley's injury would have been the biggest loss? My only question about Sully was bringing in Bennett. He didn't do squat. I'm surprised he didn't get injured again.

Sully was in a tough spot. Play Murray again and everyone would ***** that they should have played Fluery because he was healthy. Play Fluery and everyone would ***** they should have stuck with the hot hand. Bottom line is, the guys in front of who ever is in goal need to play better. Sid was ok, but not a dominant player he should be. Shrek was pretty much invisible again. Letang unraveled again. Who would have thought that Daley's injury would have been the biggest loss? My only question about Sully was bringing in Bennett. He didn't do squat. I'm surprised he didn't get injured again.

I thought Malkin played ok. His problem is lazy passes which result in turnovers. I still think Shultz should be on the power play with the big stars. He's not afraid to shoot. All things considered the loss isnt as bad as it seems. All the Pens have to do is play their game tonight and force a game 7. I still believe Pens win this series. So Let's Go Pens!

Well then, you "fully supported" the wrong move. I guess you loved the way Bennett played, too. Can't blame Sully for that stupid decision, right? Yeah, let's put two guys out there who've been injured, haven't had a start in six or seven weeks, and see what the hell happens in THE pivotal game of the conference finals. Great coaching. Now Sullivan has shaken Murray's confidence, and no matter who he starts tomorrow, they're probably ******. But there's one thing I'm sure of: If it's Fleury, you can safely bet your life savings on the Lightning.

And I'm not sure which Game 5 you watched, but I thought Malkin was one of the stronger Penguins. He authored a number of scoring chances, and he and his linemates were the only forwards with pluses on the night.

I thought both Malkin and Crosby played ok. I mean the second and third goals don't happen without their play to start it off. Letang, without a doubt, was the worst player on the ice Sunday night and has been abysmal since the craps series. He plays way too selfishly and it has cost this team time and time again. I was really hoping for him to have a big game on Sunday because, and I'm sure most would agree, he owes this team for his bullshit. His suspension and unraveling against the craps and his undoing against Tampa. His response? Oh, a resounding minus 4 and really looking every bit as bad as that sounds. It's really past time for him to grow the **** up. Anyways, onto game 6, if fleury is in net I'm going to seriously consider not watching because it's going to be a route. The queens confidence is undoubtedly at an all-time low and he'll have a rough game. It'll be over before the Penguins even have a chance. The one thing with Murray has always been his ability to bounce back and not let it bother him. I would love nothing more than for him to play tonight and make a huge ******* statement by saying "the crease is mine, *******" and slamming the door on the bolts. However, I'm afraid that the wilted flower will be between the pipes.

I thought Malkin played ok. His problem is lazy passes which result in turnovers. I still think Shultz should be on the power play with the big stars. He's not afraid to shoot. All things considered the loss isnt as bad as it seems. All the Pens have to do is play their game tonight and force a game 7. I still believe Pens win this series. So Let's Go Pens!

I agree with you about the Schultz thing. There's no way Letang should be on the varsity power play anymore. I'm sure we'd all miss his double and triple clutching before shooting.

Yeah....Tb's about the only team I respect outside the Pens. So, should it come to that.......

Sorry man, didn't realize we had an NHL coach here on the board. Why don't the rest of us just stay out of your thread and just read your words of wisdom from now on.....

Agree. I was as surprised by the Bennett decision as anyone. Looking for more speed maybe? Problem is the Pens really have all the speed they need......all they really need is to be more responsible with their play, stop with the turn overs and "panic passes" out of the d zone. Then get someone to absolutely grow roots in front of Vas. Dude needs ****** with.

Just like I perdicted

‎@BWest_Trib
Murray rolls into the dressing room first. Did it like a boss too.

Dave Molinari ‎@MolinariPG
Sullivan confirms that Murray will start.

I'm a part-time NHL watcher. I will say the skill level in terms of puck handling, passing and shooting have gone way up over the decades.

These guys have a lot of skill.

If you have two goalies, do you really have none? Kinda of like a football coach saying we have two quarterbacks to play?

The Penguins should draft a goalie in round one or two. Judging by this mock draft, it's not a good year for the Goalie's

2016 NHL Draft - June 24th, 2016 @ 7:00 PM, in Buffalo, NY

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

Last edited:
Do or Die!

CjPATBLUYAAbSj8.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins May 23
Malkin: “It’s not over... It’s not easy winning the Stanley Cup. It’s 3-2, but we still have a chance to come back and win.”

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Hornqvist: "We aren't done yet."

Bottom line is that if Crosby, Malkin, and (especially) Letang play the same game as the other night, it will be off to the golf course for the team. We need our stars to play like it for two games!

No more counting on the 3rd/4th line to win games, play 60 minutes balls to the wall. and SHOOT THE PUCK!

Sheary back

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 2h2 hours ago
Power play units at skate →

1st group: Crosby-Hornqvist-Kessel-Letang-Malkin

2nd group: Bonino-Dumoulin-Kunitz-Schultz-Sheary

Malkin: "If you don't shoot, you don't score. We need more shots."

Malkin: "It’s a huge game for our leadership. I believe in my team. We can come back to Pittsburgh for sure.”

CjOrpe6WkAEiE_v.jpg:large

If you have two goalies, do you really have none? Kinda of like a football coach saying we have two quarterbacks to play?

The Penguins should draft a goalie in round one or two. Judging by this mock draft, it's not a good year for the Goalie's

oh Coach, where to begin - ALL teams have at least two good goalies (See TB) and a lot ride the hot hand all the time - a goalie isn't a QB, but he does have to produce in the playoffs

and no - we don't need to draft a goalie #1 - and draftees don't play at NHL level for years, most of them, and we have more need at winger and defense

Fleury costs $6M, Murray $600,000....it's an easy vision path to me

Trade 32 y/o Fleury, take the cash, see what we get in FA again, and ride the 22 y/o young guy. I know he owned the regular season, and that's why we're here, but the question is going to be asked.

Last edited:
2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

My first pre-game bar rum...it's rum day...when u have work to do it doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to get done

pay attention Pens, coach Spike Is speaking

Status
Not open for further replies.