• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a part-time HNL watcher. I will say the skill level in terms of puck handling, passing and shooting have gone way up over the decades.

These guys have a lot of skill.

If you have two goalies, do you really have none? Kinda of like a football coach saying we have two quarterbacks to play?

The Penguins should draft a goalie in round one or two. Judging by this mock draft, it's not a good year for the Goalie's

2016 NHL Draft - June 24th, 2016 @ 7:00 PM, in Buffalo, NY

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

Great insight Crotch.

Now I'm buzzed

Play smart, simple hockey. Don't take dumb penalties. Double/triple shift Sid and Geno if you have to. Get some movement and quick decisions with the puck on the PP.

Deviate from any of that and you are going against Coach Spike's wishes

yea verily

Reactions: MTC
Shoot the ******* puck on the power play. All that aside. Let's bring in game 7

The Lightning gave it their all in the third, but man that was a huge goal by Rust to seal it. Crosby picks up his third game-winning goal this series.

Rust finally settled down on a break away! Kid is gonna be special. Let's Go Pens!

Let's do it game 7 boys. Clearly the better skaters. Put the foot on their throat

Great win! I did not think they had anything left in the tank. Glad they proved me wrong.

I have missed watching the games but if you have the opportunity I'd highly recommend just listening to Mike Lange call the game with no other distractions around. (no TV, no computers nearby, no nothing) You can listen to the tempo of his voice and tell a likely goal is about to happen.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel!

They followed my game plan to perfection

I am appeased

The ebbs and flows of this series is mind boggling. The final 4 teams are all worthy of Cup honors. Seeing how it plays out makes the SC playoffs so enjoyable.

Our stars showed up last night. ....finally. And if they catch fire, hold on for the ride.

Well I took a new tact and didn't watch any of the game. So do I watch game 7 now?

That no-goal changed the game - totally deflated them, nice call video guy coach

"Let it be, Let it be"

hahahahahaha - nice Tampa

I was watching the whole game, until it suddenly became 3-2. I thought, WTH, the Pens played great for 40 minutes, now this? At that point I figured it must be me - I had overstayed my welcome, so I turned it off. Checked the Pens website about 30 minutes later and saw they had won 5-2. Glad I was able to do my part and not watch the last 10 minutes or so of the game so the Pens could win. :encouragement:

Murray did just fine. The first goal he gave up was a fluke bounce off of Kessel. The second was pretty lucky really. That was the only spot Boyle had to shoot at. It also helped that Cullen screened and bumped Murray at the last second.

Gonna be interesting on Thursday.

OK I knew you guys would be in bad shape this morning.
Tough loss, but here are things to brighten your day.

#1 - No way possible the pens lose 3 in a row. It's not happening.
#2 - Assuming I am correct with #1, then a Game 7 in Pitt will be on deck and I like their chances
#3 - Relax

Kinda just like I said.
Pens will be in the Finals.
Mark it the **** down.

MARK IT DOWN!

A little concerning, no matter which side you are on. Pens play like **** for 40 minutes and get within 1 in the third period in game 4. Lightning play like **** for 40 minutes and get within 1 in the third period in game 6. Does either team want to play a full 60 minutes?

Kinda just like I said.
Pens will be in the Finals.
Mark it the **** down.

MARK IT DOWN!

^^^
******* this!!!

I still wish the Flyers would've beat the craps. Man a Pit/Philly playoff rivalry would've been fun and less taxing on the Pens. The craps beat us up physically. Tampa is more which team wants it more. I still like the Pens when they skate. But strategy wise Tampa is tough

AAAAAND the Flyers too. RIIIIGHT???

Sorry, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

A little concerning, no matter which side you are on. Pens play like **** for 40 minutes and get within 1 in the third period in game 4. Lightning play like **** for 40 minutes and get within 1 in the third period in game 6. Does either team want to play a full 60 minutes?

I about **** when I saw the Pens lay back exactly like TB did in game 4.........both teams are to good to do that against. And as I've said all along, the Pens best D is their hard forecheck.

He is Steeler Nation's answer to Don Cherry.

Like hell.

Don Cherry is national treasure to Canadians. Maybe too much like John Madden, but clearly successful in the sport and respected, if somewhat dated.

Murray did just fine. The first goal he gave up was a fluke bounce off of Kessel. The second was pretty lucky really. That was the only spot Boyle had to shoot at. It also helped that Cullen screened and bumped Murray at the last second.

Gonna be interesting on Thursday.

Teams simply play better in front of the 2nd string goalie. No matter how good he plays, they know he is a kid who is from the minor leagues this year. They only need to believe that for a few more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.