• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the whole game, until it suddenly became 3-2. I thought, WTH, the Pens played great for 40 minutes, now this? At that point I figured it must be me - I had overstayed my welcome, so I turned it off. Checked the Pens website about 30 minutes later and saw they had won 5-2. Glad I was able to do my part and not watch the last 10 minutes or so of the game so the Pens could win. :encouragement:

For the most part this entire series has been huge momentum shifts and neither team has put a complete 60 minute game together.If one of them does the other is getting blown out. Its almost to the point the hockey gods and luck might be the deciding factor in game 7.

Just look at some of the chances both teams had last night. If it were not for the exceptional goal tending and just complete luck at times a couple of these games could have been shootouts.

Game 7 will be a crapshoot. Home ice doesn't matter much. Both teams have won on the road this series. It's a shame one team is going home tomorrow night. They are pretty even in all areas. One team gets momentum and then the other team pushes after that. Quite entertaining, but stressful. Thank God for Rust's goal. That was huge. That was the dagger they needed. TB was coming and looked like a replay from the game from Sunday. The Pens need another big game from Sid, Kessel, Letang and Murray.

A little concerning, no matter which side you are on. Pens play like **** for 40 minutes and get within 1 in the third period in game 4. Lightning play like **** for 40 minutes and get within 1 in the third period in game 6. Does either team want to play a full 60 minutes?

Hell of a series all the way round but that was a scary 3rd p.

Murray: "We need to be better at not sitting back so much"

You tellum birthday boy!

Sid's goal was absolutely vintage Sid.

Reactions: MTC
Well I took a new tact and didn't watch any of the game. So do I watch game 7 now?

I'll watch game 7. I don't want to hear any crap from you yinzers about the goaltending play!

Don Cherry is national treasure to Canadians. Maybe too much like John Madden, but clearly successful in the sport and respected, if somewhat dated.

We stole your national treasure, Phil Kessel

Pens win and Kessel winning the Conn Smythe is going to be the funniest thing that has ever happened in the history of the city of Toronto

After Games 4 and 5, he didn't look so good anymore. He's looking a little better now.

When Tanger has a good game, so do Geno and Sid . He was cool calm and collected. I did not see any turnovers, best game since the Rangers series

Hell of a series all the way round but that was a scary 3rd p.

Murray: "We need to be better at not sitting back so much"

You tellum birthday boy!

Sid's goal was absolutely vintage Sid.

Sid needs more of those. That was a blast from the past no doubt

Reactions: JMM
Sorry, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

I about **** when I saw the Pens lay back exactly like TB did in game 4.........both teams are to good to do that against. And as I've said all along, the Pens best D is their hard forecheck.

When Tampa was creeping up I think I lost life there for a few. It's been a pretty even series throughout. Tampa has a better transition game and probably the better goaltending. The Pens have the better skating and better offensive production. I have noticed Rust just outpacing Hedman though. That is a positive

They did a real good job of staying out of da box and not feel shame. I was driving home and heard the Malkin penalty early in the game and I thought, we were in for a repeat of the last game! They seemed to keep their cool after that one.

They did a real good job of staying out of da box and not feel shame. I was driving home and heard the Malkin penalty early in the game and I thought, we were in for a repeat of the last game! They seemed to keep their cool after that one.

Eh that Malkin call was...Malkin got caught retaliating. Callahan got away with a slash. I think other than that, the Pens just dominated

Game 7 will be a crapshoot. Home ice doesn't matter much. Both teams have won on the road this series. It's a shame one team is going home tomorrow night. They are pretty even in all areas. One team gets momentum and then the other team pushes after that. Quite entertaining, but stressful. Thank God for Rust's goal. That was huge. That was the dagger they needed. TB was coming and looked like a replay from the game from Sunday. The Pens need another big game from Sid, Kessel, Letang and Murray.

That is one of the few goals that I think having Bishop over Vasilevsky would have prevented. It was a killer goal for TB.

Eh that Malkin call was...Malkin got caught retaliating. Callahan got away with a slash. I think other than that, the Pens just dominated

I think that interference call on TB was bullshit. I've seen so much more let go during the playoffs, it is ridiculous. That penalty eventually led to the delay of game penalty and the 5 on 3 with a score. Interference is the NHL version of NFL's holding call it seems. Can be called and awful lot, but seems to get actually called at some odd times.

I haven't been watching hockey long enough so I am not sure of the Delay of Game rule, but it seems to be that, if the puck hits the glass, then goes over, it is not delay of game. Seems dumb to me, but it is what it is.

The refs either decided to swallow the whistle and let the guys play or are choosing what they want to call. A LOT has been let go on both sides.

I have lots of respect for Tampa, they're a tough opponent that does not lay down. If the Pens lose tomorrow night, I will cheer for Tampa Bay

Are we all cheering for STL tonight? I don't know squat about either team or their talent levels, but I don't want to be watching West Cost time zone **** in the Finals.

What was the medical report on Bishop or has it been disclosed?

Bishop unlikely to play in Game 7, Stamkos status unchanged

Bishop (lower left leg) has continued to progress from an injury suffered in Game 1, but told the Tampa Bay Times it's "still not there yet," and he didn't want to jump right back in.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...ay-in-game-7-stamkos-status-unchanged/2278918

@TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning Ben Bishop hopes to return in Cup final, if team advances. "That's definitely the goal, you can kind of see the light there."

Are we all cheering for STL tonight? I don't know squat about either team or their talent levels, but I don't want to be watching West Cost time zone **** in the Finals.

Pens vs. Sharks will be a helluva series

I think that interference call on TB was bullshit. I've seen so much more let go during the playoffs, it is ridiculous. That penalty eventually led to the delay of game penalty and the 5 on 3 with a score. Interference is the NHL version of NFL's holding call it seems. Can be called and awful lot, but seems to get actually called at some odd times.

I haven't been watching hockey long enough so I am not sure of the Delay of Game rule, but it seems to be that, if the puck hits the glass, then goes over, it is not delay of game. Seems dumb to me, but it is what it is.

The refs either decided to swallow the whistle and let the guys play or are choosing what they want to call. A LOT has been let go on both sides.

Agreed agreed

Pens vs. Sharks will be a helluva series

How crazy would that be?! Idk if you follow the ECHL. But the two teams in the Kelly Cup Finals is the Wheeling Nailers(Penguins) vs the Allen Americans(Sharks)

The west is won. Sharks!
Eastern tomorrow--- Let's Go Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.