• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lighting in San Jose sucked. Definitely not just you.

Yes I posted this on the letsgopens forum, but no one commented. I was beginning to think it was my TV.

As for the game itself seems a lot of people are blaming Murray which I disagree with. I thought Letang had a horrible game. He screened the first goal and was out of position defensively a lot. The third goal was a good shot, but Murray should have had that one the warp around seems to be his kryptonite. Another thing to remember is SJ was the top scoring teams coming into the playoffs at around 3.5 goals / game. We have held them to 2 goals / game so overall we are doing well.

Reactions: MTC
Lovejoy begs to differ......

OK - he was going to have a great night - but Sid's many turnovers over-passing the puck and garbage PP and Malkin's inability to once again hit a wide open net....doomed us

We outshot them 42-26, by the biggest margin yet.....should have been enough to win 2-1

Reactions: MTC
I thought Letang had a horrible game.

Letang jumped up on the PK just when they were going to get a huge lift after a monster kill and he was way up the ice for no reason, half-*** passing into a turnover that got directly turned into their 2nd goal - that was the game, that gave the Sharks life. Thanks Letang. He's 50/50 good/bad on his good days, we just have to live with it with his 8 year, $7.25M per contract.

and yeah - the ice was bad, but both teams have to play on it

OK - he was going to have a great night - but Sid's many turnovers over-passing the puck and garbage PP and Malkin's inability to once again hit a wide open net....doomed us

We outshot them 42-26, by the biggest margin yet.....should have been enough to win 2-1

Yep!---Pens beat themselves. Friday/weekend games never treat our boys any good. Sharks didnt do anything special. Pens will be ok. Jitter, tell the bro's over at Letsgopens to cheer up. Always feels like the end of the world over there after a loss lol. Enjoy reading the morning after reports though

I liked how when the Pens kicked the puck to start a mad rush it would go 3 ******* inches and then trip them up.

Ice was clearly substandard and is part of a devious plan by an evil Canuck to slow down the high flying Pens.

Hey Francois bounce the puck over here

Evil Canuck?

**** Bettman for playing hockey in June in Cali.
Their ought to be one Yankee out there smart enough to run the hvac properly....

Evil Canuck?

Their ought to be one Yankee out there smart enough to run the hvac properly....

There was a concert there Friday night, plus the humidity in CA is to blame for the poor ice. The ice hurt the Pens more than the Sharks, but both teams played had to play on it.

Not a good night for Murray. Not a good game for anyone really. Team played like garbage and it still went to OT. It was the Pens turn to make stupid decisions all over the ice, they didn't deserve to win.

Murray is good for one soft one a night. Frustrating. Motta played like ****, the refs were blind this game. I'm not one to ***** about refs in NHL that much because so much happens, but damn....Crosby getting tackled on the way to a break away and no call?!

Whatever. This is the cup, they got one at home that we should have won.Now let's win the next one, and the next at home in da burgh!

There was a concert there Friday night, plus the humidity in CA is to blame for the poor ice. The ice hurt the Pens more than the Sharks, but both teams played had to play on it.

******* right. That ice was ****. Kinda steelers esk with da raiders and ice in field! Lol.

All you shysters have been warned

Pittsburgh cops nab two for Stanley Cup Final ticket scam

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police say two Massachusetts men printed up bogus Stanley Cup Final tickets and tried to sell them outside the Penguins arena.

Police say Quincy resident John Green and Wareham resident Ronald Seeley were spotted Wednesday outside Consol Energy Center, where the Penguins were hosting the San Jose Sharks in the second game of the best-of-seven series.

One witness told police the men offered to sell him six tickets for $200 each. Police say the face value of the tickets is at least $235 each.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.2659965

-----------------------

That's why they are called Mass-holes

Lovejoy begs to differ......

3 months ago I wanted him to follow Scudes..........but damn, the man has been good over the last two! He'll be gone though, someone will over pay him....like to see him leave with a Cup, though!

The lighting in San Jose sucked. Definitely not just you.

Letang jumped up on the PK just when they were going to get a huge lift after a monster kill and he was way up the ice for no reason, half-*** passing into a turnover that got directly turned into their 2nd goal - that was the game, that gave the Sharks life. Thanks Letang. He's 50/50 good/bad on his good days, we just have to live with it with his 8 year, $7.25M per contract.

and yeah - the ice was bad, but both teams have to play on it

Evil Canuck?

The same incompetent ***** are probably responsible for both the slush and the lighting. And please, no more "they both had to play on" bad ice. Think about it, if your game is speed or your game is being big (and a bit gooney) who benefits more from sloppy ice? It definitely impacts the speed team more. Not saying it was purposefully done, just asking why can't they freeze water in San Jose? Bring it on home boys!

Probably will miss the game tonight due to T.S. Colin. They are calling for 6 - 7 inches of rain. I'm sure that will **** up my satellite signal. :dread:

3 months ago I wanted him to follow Scudes..........but damn, the man has been good over the last two! He'll be gone though, someone will over pay him....like to see him leave with a Cup, though!

The same incompetent ***** are probably responsible for both the slush and the lighting. And please, no more "they both had to play on" bad ice. Think about it, if your game is speed or your game is being big (and a bit gooney) who benefits more from sloppy ice? It definitely impacts the speed team more. Not saying it was purposefully done, just asking why can't they freeze water in San Jose? Bring it on home boys!

No ****, sloppy ice benefits the bigger, older and slower team. I wasn't accusing or making excuses for our boys. Don't want to come across as a whiner.

Probably will miss the game tonight due to T.S. Colin. They are calling for 6 - 7 inches of rain. I'm sure that will **** up my satellite signal. :dread:

that would suck - fortunately for me, Collie blew mostly all of it away from me towards Tampa, not even raining here on the fringe

No ****, sloppy ice benefits the bigger, older and slower team. I wasn't accusing or making excuses for our boys. Don't want to come across as a whiner.

That's right...no whining

What's past is past.

One game at a time. Really need to win game 4. It's a huge turning point either way.

Dude.......let it go. This thread was pretty cool until you bandwagoned in at the end of the semi ******* finals and managed to convince two different people you were a jagoff in like 3 posts. I never ever said Bennett was faster than Sheary.........quit being a disagreeable ****.

I tried to let it go, but you seem to be a disagreeable *******. I've probably been a Penguins fan longer than you've been alive, so you can shove the bandwagon bullshit up your ***.

You never said Bennett was faster than Sheary? Well, you did say this: "I was as surprised by the Bennett decision as anyone. Looking for more speed maybe?" The "Bennett decision" was replacing Sheary with Bennett, right? There were no other lineup changes besides the goaltenders. So what was it exactly that you were saying?

LET'S GO PENS!

Intermission thoughts. **** the sharks! Dirty *** ********

Let's Go Pens!

Sharks look like their tank is starting to drain. Wouldn't be surprised if the Sharks continue to beat the hell out of the Pens along the boards but I think their over aggressiveness will backfire as long as the Pens keep their cool, and they will pay. I have a gut feeling the Pens are going to light it up this period because they know they basically have it in the bag if they win it tonight. Final score: 4-0

What a shocker.........They need to get it the HELL out of our end

Shots on goal 9-3 Sharks in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.