• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 of 21 hockey "experts" picked the Sharks to win the series

**** em all!

13403837_10208811640661048_7022501255452898493_o.jpg

Going to be going through Pittsburgh Thursday, what kind of mad house is watching the game outside the arena????

Nice midweek bit of sports in Pittsburgh, DH with Mets today, Taillon makes 1st start against Mets tomorrow night, followed
by Pens hopeful Championship night.

Pens gotta win. For obvious reason---hoist that cup in front of the home crowd, and I can finally give my liver a much needed rest. I've never had so much beer in my life since these playoffs started. Fun stuff though

Wonder if and when NBC stops sucking San Jose's balls. God i hate their broadcast team so much.

I live in VA so obviously there is no radio feed here for the games (except when they played the Caps) and we do not have cable tv so I have caught most of the playoff games with the Tune-In Radio Ap . This has been great because I have been able to listen to Mike Lange and Phil Bourque call the games.

When I finally had the opportunity to watch the TV broadcast, I couldn't stand listening to the TV talking heads and there is no doubt the radio announcers do an infinitely better job of describing the game. Even though there is about a 10 second delay, I'll watch the video feed from NBC but listen to Lange and Bourque call the game. It's a little weird at first but if you turn the radio down a little, eventually you can focus better on the play going on without hearing the TV broadcasters and if you have a question about who hit who or who made a play, just wait 10 seconds and you will get an excellent detailed description of the play from the radio crew. It's really great when you see the score and you know that Mike will soon be following up with one of his calls. My .02

I live in VA so obviously there is no radio feed here for the games (except when they played the Caps) and we do not have cable tv so I have caught most of the playoff games with the Tune-In Radio Ap . This has been great because I have been able to listen to Mike Lange and Phil Bourque call the games.

When I finally had the opportunity to watch the TV broadcast, I couldn't stand listening to the TV talking heads and there is no doubt the radio announcers do an infinitely better job of describing the game. Even though there is about a 10 second delay, I'll watch the video feed from NBC but listen to Lange and Bourque call the game. It's a little weird at first but if you turn the radio down a little, eventually you can focus better on the play going on without hearing the TV broadcasters and if you have a question about who hit who or who made a play, just wait 10 seconds and you will get an excellent detailed description of the play from the radio crew. It's really great when you see the score and you know that Mike will soon be following up with one of his calls. My .02

Mike Lange is the voice of the Pens. Although I dont give him much a listen during games. Watching highlights, Pens extras. His voice is it.
"He shoots, he scores!"----Legendary

I only started watching hockey since the early 90s so I was in my 20s before I paid it any attention. Even now the only team I'll watch is the Pens and I have only been to one game which was one of their last in the Igloo. So I'm not a rabid fan by any means but I do remember when Mike Lange used to broadcast the games on TV when you could watch hockey on DirecTV's local sports networks and I guess later when they made you buy the Center Ice package. That was back in the mid to late 90s. Not sure why he was moved out of the TV booth. Maybe he did not suck up to them to the bosses satisfaction. I know when the team or a player screws something up he does not give them any slack.

Remember this: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVWtq-_VYk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Download the Pensguins app. There is a "Radio" button on the top right, where you can stream the radio broadcast.

Yep, i just moved in with my girlfriend in upstate NY and she doesnt have nbcsports so i too listen to Lange while trying to watch online through her horrible internet connection. But when they are on regular NBC I tune in. Thats when you really notice how painful their broadcast is.

Jamie Hersch too, she's fun

qhrF_XMS.jpg

Damn, I miss Jamie. Before joining the NHL network she was with Fox North covering the Wild and Twins. She is good and quite the hottie.

Jamie was replaced by Audra Martin.

Audra_Martin_headshot.vadapt.476.high.60.jpg

Damn, I miss Jamie. Before joining the NHL network she was with Fox North covering the Wild and Twins. She is good and quite the hottie.

Jamie was replaced by Audra Martin.

Audra_Martin_headshot.vadapt.476.high.60.jpg
Do you clone your women up there?
If so, keep up the good work.

Jamie Hersch is hot. I miss Andi Petrillo too. Kathryn Tappen isnt bad either

Pens gotta win. For obvious reason---hoist that cup in front of the home crowd, and I can finally give my liver a much needed rest. I've never had so much beer in my life since these playoffs started. Fun stuff though

I dont drink but watching the playoffs has made me consider it.. Some marijuana or maybe prescription meds might take the edge off with all these 1 goal leads in the 3rd period. Why cant they just blow a team out of the water for once?

Reactions: MTC
I need

100% MORE SHEARY!

sid.0.gif

She covers the Sharks now I guess...

and did you know Sid's kid sister is a goalie?

Bz6-j7bCIAAZ3gD.png

Why isn't it Thursday yet???!!!

She covers the Sharks now I guess...

and did you know Sid's kid sister is a goalie?

Bz6-j7bCIAAZ3gD.png

Why isn't it Thursday yet???!!!

No I don't think Jamie covers the Sharks. She's with the NHL Network, nightly highlight show, On The Fly.

And no, didn't know about Taylor Crosby, I'm more familiar with Amanda Kessel's body of work.

KESSEL_Amanda.jpg

No I don't think Jamie covers the Sharks. She's with the NHL Network, nightly highlight show, On The Fly.

She's been on NHL Live every day, 5 pm est, reporting on the Sharks, talking to all their players, etc.

I dont drink but watching the playoffs has made me consider it.. Some marijuana or maybe prescription meds might take the edge off with all these 1 goal leads in the 3rd period. Why cant they just blow a team out of the water for once?

They outplay their opponents. That's what we all have been saying. Lol. Eh drinking isnt for anyone. Me and my wife kinda like to try different brands. Commercial beers? I like labatt, heineken, dos equis or bud light platinum. Being in NM its nice to be able to grab the canadian brands like labatt or molson at total wine. But yeah I will say that I do over indulge during Pens/Steelers games. Thats good that you dont drink. I've kinda been in a celebratory/panic mode since the playoffs started. I was just happy making the playoffs. Seeing them run the Rags out the first round, beating the presidents trophy winners, beating Tampa(a team I respect and honestly feared), and now winning inside the tank. The Pens won a game there back in Nov/Dec???(dont remember) but before that. The Pens havent won in San Jose since 1997. This whole season has been about getting a monkey off the teams back. So cheers! ;)

I've got a bottle of Skyy vodka and Corralejo agave tequila in the freezer in case I run out of beer at home - whatever's on sale...Mic ultra this week.

I start off with Yuengling drafts at the Moose - that's my pre-game ritual beer. Damn - now I'm thirsty

Pens win tomorrow. If they score first, they win big. If Sharks score first, a tough win.
You heard it here first.

Today is the 58th day of the Stanly Cup Playoffs

Don Cherry sporting a Steelers hat said it's going to be over tonight. Crosby will be MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.