• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, I don't remember so many Penguin players being grabbed, tripped and mugged throughout a game in awhile. Any way to slow them down, right? Murray was certainly hot and cold. Not impressed by any of the Sharks goals. I'm thinking the Sharks got their gift in front of their home crowd and the Pens will step it up the next two games to put them away. We are due for a 5-2, 4-1 game. No panic here!

3-1 is close enough! The game got a little tight after that goal from the Sharks, but the Pens were in clear control tonight. Close it out Thursday night! Put this series to bed.

That would be sweet!! As luck would have it, my wife (who could give less than two !@#$s about hockey) is going to be in Pittsburgh starting Wednesday for a conference. I have to stay home to work and take care of the critters....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AmA7Nm4qvGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LETS GO PENS!!

Last edited:
That goal by Fehr was a relief. Pens need to come on all cylinders thursday!!! For the home crowd!!! Ugh---1 more!!!

Let's Go Pens!

Who the hell know what will happen but I think the Pens are going to walk away with it. I would be amazed if the Sharks have any fight left in them and we have to start to see some calls start to go our way. One of our guys hangs onto a stick for a half second and he's off to the box. They can drag down a guy on a breakaway and no call or board a guy so hard (and late) his grandkids will feel it. WTF? Basically **** the refs and **** the Sharks....LETS GO PENS

No championship has been won in Pittsburgh since 1960 (unless you count the Pipers in 1968). Of course the 6 Super Bowls were won away from home, the Bucs won twice in Ratland, and the Pens won in Minny, Chicago, and Detroit.

On October 17th, 1971 The Pirates won the World Series on my brothers birthday

June 9th is mine

GO PENS!!!

Such an odd game tonight. Way low on shots and still manage 3 goals on Jones. Seeing that shot count, I would have expected a Sharks win.

Split at the tank. Check.

Now just take care of business Thursday night.

Gotta play our game. Sharks cannot keep up and rely on the clutching and grabbing. I'm happy with the win but the officiating has been horrible. The sharks are tripping, grappling and cross checking from the back all game, yet when a Pens player trips a shark its called. Pens overcame the refs and the crowd. They cant go into thursdays game thinking the series is over. Still a hockey game to be played

I tried to let it go,

LET'S GO PENS!

Says the douche still clinging to it 8 pages later.........I actually don't remember the context of what I said given that it's ancient history. But rest *** ured I am (and was then) fully aware that Bennett is not faster than Sheary. But you're obviously more of and a better fan than I so I defer to your expertise, both at fandom and incorrect inference..... you win......carry on, I'm done with this "conversation."

Good thing they fixed the ice. Much better.

Definitely seemed to be better ice.........given two days to freeze without a concert will do that. Who'd have guessed that defensive play would be such a strong suit, especially after losing Daley? The Pens will end this series with well over 100 blocked shots if they can finish it Thursday.

"It kind of sucks for us defensemen, because there's no shots left to block," Cole said. "The forwards are doing such a fantastic job up high, taking away the lanes and not letting pucks get through."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hem-on-stanley-cups-doorstep-after-game-4-win

Great to see Geno finally light it up.He was almost as much responsible for Cole's goal as Cole himself....the guppies sold out to go after him and it bit them in the butt.The shot pass from Kessel was a thing of beauty.

Just one more to go. The boys can taste it now. Wrap this thing up at home! Wonder if and when NBC stops sucking San Jose's balls. God i hate their broadcast team so much.

I would like to make a reccommendation - for the last 6 minutes of every game with a lead, BENCH ******* Letang and Sid!

These ******* CANNOT stop making turnovers with the gogogogogogogogogogogo rush up the ice **** - leading to breakaways the other way

GET THEM OFF THE ICE!

My ******* heart can't stand that **** - every time it's Sid or Letang with the lollipop half-*** giveaway when the 4th line would be making the smart plays with 2 min to go

Last edited:
I would like to make a reccommendation - for the last 6 minutes of every game with a lead, BENCH ******* Letang and Sid!

These ******* CANNOT stop making turnovers with the gogogogogogogogogogogo rush up the ice **** - leading to breakaways the other way

GET THEM OFF THE ICE!

My ******* heart can't stand that **** - every time it's Sid or Letang with the lollipop half-*** giveaway when the 4th line would be making the smart plays with 2 min to go

i think Sully puts them on the ice to get the ENG. They need the grinders out there to secure the puck. They drive me crazy, as well. Other than that, I have nothing much else to ***** about. The most complete team we've had in a long time.

Just one more to go. The boys can taste it now. Wrap this thing up at home! Wonder if and when NBC stops sucking San Jose's balls. God i hate their broadcast team so much.

The Pens have basically skated circles around the Sharks for most of this series, they have to make it sound interesting...but I do agree. This broadcast team is the face of the NHL and their studio crew is awful, not the crew that you want selling your product.

I love reading local papers

Can Sharks come home again?

SAN JOSE -- Monday night at SAP Center, there were no overtime miracles. There was no overtime.

There were no happy fans spilling into the San Jose streets after the game after a victory. There was no victory.

There was no problem finding happiness in the Pittsburgh Penguins' dressing room. There was no question they deserved to win, 3-1, and go back home for Thursday's next game with a stranglehold on the series.

The crowd at the Shark Tank was prepared on Monday to roar and ride along with an early Sharks' jump. But the Penguins, as is their way, jumped in front instead.

The Sharks made a shaky line change and left Pittsburgh defenseman Ian Cole wide open to seize a juicy rebound and slap it into the net for the 1-0 lead. Not even eight minutes into the game, the Penguins were ahead. Again.

"Shouldn't happen," said Sharks' forward Logan Couture of the sloppy coverage after the troubled line change.

Patrick Marleau had a one-on-one look at Pittsburgh rookie goalie Matt Murray and didn't bury the puck.

"I just missed my shot and he got a glove on it," Marleau said.

Marleau set up Pavelski with a great look at Murray . . . and couldn't convert.

"He read the shot," Pavelski said. "Got to pick a different spot with him."

Brent Burns, so awesome with his shot from up top in the early rounds, only got one to the net Monday . . . and Murray saved it. Same with shots by Couture and Joe Thornton.

"I thought there were goals out there," said Sharks coach Pete DeBoer. "I thought we had a chance to score at least a couple tonight. We had some really good looks. Their goalie made some saves, we didn't finish."

In the end, the beloved Los Tiburones outshot and outhit the Penguins and even won more faceoffs. But they didn't win. Because the shots taken by the Sharks weren't good enough to get past Penguins' rookie goalie Matt Murray.

What now? The first step is to get a lead in Pittsburgh on Thursday. said Pavelski.

If the Sharks don't, then the series could be over. And fans of the Sharks may have seen their last game at SAP Center this season. If there is a Game 6, it would be next Sunday at the Tank. But there may be no Game 6.

"It's disappointing when you don't win in front of fans like this," Couture said. "It's never fun to see fans leaving unhappy. You feel like you've let them down. We hope that we're back here. But we've got to focus on one game first."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_29986243/purdy-can-sharks-come-home-again

--------------------------

What they really mean:

Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, and Burns

when they play Penguin hockey for 60 minutes, they win.

game 3, they played it for 56 and found out that wasn't gettin' it.

I bet they play Pens hockey for 60 minutes Thursday night.

One more game. Not a Penguin's fan, but rooting for them based on many Steelers fans liking them. The Stanely Cup is the greatest Trophy in all sports. It just is. What other trophy is so grand that you can party with?

May they fill it Yuengling!

I'm no seasoned expert on the game of hockey, but even I can see that pittsburgh is hands-down the better roster. Not gonna set any jinx's with any sort of pre-emptive congrats before the deed is done, but you pens fans may want to get the cigars and champagne ready:goodluck:

Last edited:
Calling Barry Melrose......... oooohhhhhh Barry....

Status
Not open for further replies.